• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS tourches 1,800 year old Church in Mosul

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
It blows my mind that proponents and originators of movements that support said crap are seen as heroes or considered divinely chosen/guided. Shame upon shame, caused by morons leading morons.

... Not only does it blow my mind, dear comrade, it often scares me sh*tless.

Sees

Dragonslayer
... Not only does it blow my mind, dear comrade, it often scares me sh*tless.

It is very scary for sure. Mainly that it not only still lives, but grows. So sad...

Can a normal person even imagine what it would take to possess them to burn or smash someone's religious building, statue, etc.? I wonder if the masses have been so desensitized that it never crosses their minds.

To me it is bottom of the barrel of spiritual and intellectual development.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
you also need to consider what happened in Novermber 2013, African state of Angola orders for destruction of all mosques
this is what happening now, and three mosques destroyed in Palestine
this is another article published on dailymail which shows how mosques are being attacked in UK
Research reveals HALF of all Britain's mosques have been attacked since 9/11 as anti-Islam violence spreads | Mail Online

You forgot to include the largest Buddha in the world, in Afghanistan, destroyed by Islamic extremists. How dreadful....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYYBlPWYb7Y

Uploaded on Sep 20, 2011
Read More:
http://sinhalabuddhist.com/2011/09/pa... The main Buddha in the Bamiyan valley, 240 kilometers northwest of the Afghan capital Kabul, before total destruction by the Taliban. The 53 meter Buddha was the largest statue in the world.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
To me it is bottom of the barrel of spiritual and intellectual development.

icon14.gif
A superb point made, comrade. As someone of a religious tradition that has often been under the crushing heel of iconoclasm, it most certainly is a point that I highly agree with.

Kerr

I can see you have very low knowledge about Islam, and whatever you saying is baseless, check statistics, more than 90% arabian are salafi. destruction of kaba was a fake news fabricated by their opponents.

regarding destruction of shrines, there is no concept of shrines in Islam, shrines leads Muslims to polytheism.
do you know how many shrines are there in Saudi Arabia?, place from where Islam spread in whole world, only one, the dome over the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), dates back to the seventh century AH.
this dome was not built by him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or by his companions or by those who followed them, or by those who followed the Taabi’een(followers of companions), or by the scholars and imams of the ummah. Rather this dome was built over his grave (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the orders of one of the later kings of Egypt, namely the Sultan Qalawoon al-Saalihi who is known as King Mansoor, in 678 AH.
I dont see how that warrents their destruction. Saying that as an atheist, btw. I am as unreligious as it gets. The reason I dont want to see them destroyed doesnt stem from faith but from respect and interest. Happen to think shrines have a historical and cultural value. Could even consider visiting a few. Not because they would convert me or anything, but because I am a very curious person. Humanity looses something precious when we destroy places like this.

Btw, if I have missunderstood your post and you dont actually propose their destruction then I am sorry for missunderstanding.

Last edited: