• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ISIS & Iraq

gnostic

The Lost One
From recent news, an unknown number of Australian Muslims have gone into Iraq, to fight for ISIS militants.

I have not seen the internet video clipping, but at least one of the Australian Muslims have called on fellow Muslims to take part on in this horrible war.

It may a terrible for me to say, but I hoped that these Muslims don't come back, and if they do, only in the body-bags.

Why would they take part in this horrible acts?

You would think they know the differences between right and wrong, and the massacre of Iraqis by these militants were utterly and morally wrong.

No, I don't want them to come back alive or at all, Australians or not.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Have they offered any explanation or justification? Perhaps as an act of solidarity or defense against Shia Iraqi and/or Kurds?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Wishing people to die sort of legitimizes their own desire to have us die, doesn't it?

No......
But ISIS troops lay Iraqi men down in a line and then shot them..... many of them. This seems like a clear message of ISIS intent towards any who do not share exactly the same faith as themselves.

Over in the UK, a radio interviewer asked groups of young men who were hanging around on Brit street-corners..... 'Would you go to fight?' and the responses she was receiving were mostly showing hatred to westerners, blaming westerners for all problems in the Mid-East and wanting to go to war for their faith.

So this looks like a home security issue in the bud for future years and decades, as well as a serious threat to Kurds and Shi-ites in Iraq,..... would you agree?

steeltoes

I don't wish death upon anyone, and yes, wanting people killed only legitimizes their desire to kill us.

American and British state violence is responsible for the situation in Iraq. Most people knew that it was wrong and a mistake to invade and occupy Iraq but it was the neo-conservatives in Washington that had the final say. The neo-conservatives and the waring Jihadists are cut from the same cloth, it's all civilization can do to stay out of the crossfire.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
American and British state violence is responsible for the situation in Iraq.
True...... but I'll bet that there would not be many Kurds alive today if Saddam had not been put down. He was using poison gas on them..... I believe. I'm not trying to justify the war...... simply thinking hard for any kind of plus, and the Kurds must think that that was a plus.

Most people knew that it was wrong and a mistake to invade and occupy Iraq but it was the neo-conservatives in Washington that had the final say. The neo-conservatives and the waring Jihadists are cut from the same cloth, it's all civilization can do to stay out of the crossfire.
Ok..... but you were supported by a British Labour government......... :confused:

EDIT: I have just seen your title..... I'm going to have a drink! :D

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No......
But ISIS troops lay Iraqi men down in a line and then shot them..... many of them. This seems like a clear message of ISIS intent towards any who do not share exactly the same faith as themselves.

Indeed.

All the same, it would be a good idea not to emulate them.

Over in the UK, a radio interviewer asked groups of young men who were hanging around on Brit street-corners..... 'Would you go to fight?' and the responses she was receiving were mostly showing hatred to westerners, blaming westerners for all problems in the Mid-East and wanting to go to war for their faith.

One more reason among many to fail to prove them right.

So this looks like a home security issue in the bud for future years and decades, as well as a serious threat to Kurds and Shi-ites in Iraq,..... would you agree?

Certainly.

Wishing them dead helps to make it so, too.

collectivedementia

home-base umpire
I may be farther out of the loop than I realize,but does anyone know who the leader of ISIS is? What is the country of origin Iraq, Syria, Iran or some other Islamic state of this warlord? I do not believe I have heard this on the news reports but like I said...

gnostic

The Lost One
LuisDantas said:
Have they offered any explanation or justification? Perhaps as an act of solidarity or defense against Shia Iraqi and/or Kurds?

A lot of people they have captured and executed are men in civilian clothing. What sort of justifications is there in that?

Any Australian Muslim who join ISIS and commit atrocity in Iraq, deserve it if he get killed.

LuisDantas said:
Wishing people to die sort of legitimizes their own desire to have us die, doesn't it?
If they (Australians) are killed by government troops in Iraq, then good riddance. If they are captured, tried and executed or convicted with life imprisonment for the same atrocity committed by ISIS, then good riddance.

I don't want them ever coming back to Australia. They don't deserve our support or pity.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I may be farther out of the loop than I realize,but does anyone know who the leader of ISIS is? What is the country of origin Iraq, Syria, Iran or some other Islamic state of this warlord? I do not believe I have heard this on the news reports but like I said...

I get the vibe that, as is probably usual in the Middle East, there isn't too much of a central leadership. ISIS seems to me to be mostly a panic-fueled movement by Sunnis feeling threatened.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
A lot of people they have captured and executed are men in civilian clothing. What sort of justifications is there in that?

Any Australian Muslim who join ISIS and commit atrocity in Iraq, deserve it if he get killed.

But what did those Australians say about their reasons to want to join ISIS?

If they (Australians) are killed by government troops in Iraq, then good riddance. If they are captured, tried and executed or convicted with life imprisonment for the same atrocity committed by ISIS, then good riddance.

I don't want them ever coming back to Australia. They don't deserve our support or pity.

All the same, that attitude is hardly helpful in convincing ISIS that it should attempt to pursue peaceful ways of attaining its goals.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The greatest tragedy is that over the last 30 years Western interference in the Middle East has seen Iraq change from the most democratic and Westernised state in the region into a broken nation torn to peices by sectarian conflict and increasingly Islamist.

How long will it take the US to figure out that interfering in the middle east as it does only tends to shift the region ever further towards extremist Islam? US intervention is not slowing the spread and popularity or radical Islam, it is propogating it.

Levite

Higher and Higher
From recent news, an unknown number of Australian Muslims have gone into Iraq, to fight for ISIS militants.

I have not seen the internet video clipping, but at least one of the Australian Muslims have called on fellow Muslims to take part on in this horrible war.

It may a terrible for me to say, but I hoped that these Muslims don't come back, and if they do, only in the body-bags.

Why would they take part in this horrible acts?

You would think they know the differences between right and wrong, and the massacre of Iraqis by these militants were utterly and morally wrong.

No, I don't want them to come back alive or at all, Australians or not.

They're terrorists. Terrorists are, by definition, radical extremists-- doesn't matter whether they're political extremists or religious fundamentalist extremists or whatever else. In this case-- though I tend to think the conflicts in Iraq are really more about politics and control of resources-- there is this element of religious fundamentalist extremists, and I believe that such terrorists are the most extreme fringe of religious fundamentalist extremism. So much so that really, what they are doing has very little to do with either religion as a whole, or the religion they purport to represent. And that goes whether the religion they purport to represent is Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, or any other religion.

I can only hope God will judge them, and all those like them, for the evil they do in His name. And if death finds them swiftly in the commission of that evil...well, I doubt the world will be worse for it.

Last edited: