• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Trump Fit To remain as the President of the USA?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Not really worried about what Australians think. Your country isn't a big player so yeah, nobody cares.

You don't care enough to mention you don't care, fair enough.... thanks for the laughs anyway, we appreciate it. I doubt if any of the other candidates would have been nearly as entertaining.

Now seriously, it's America trolling the rest of the world, right?

Shad

Veteran Member
2) Trump's wealth is debatable unless his tax returns are released, especially in light of the multi-billion dollar revenue loss between 1985 and 1994 recently disclosed.

This was known for years. It was not only in "his" book but he said it on The Apprentice in 04 or 05.

james dixon

Premium Member
I don't see opinions on him shifting. Those who didn't care about competence and integrity before won't care about it now.

The Nixon camp believed this too. But in one week the entire Republican Party turned against Nixon who then resigned in disgrace.
:)-

Daemon Sophic

We have irreconcilable differences in how we evaluate a president.

You want him to be a parental figure...someone you respect for
personal traits. To you, he's an "absolute failure" solely because
he's awful, ie, you hate him instead of love him. And from your
perspective, you're absolutely correct.

I don't care about him as a person or even a president. I evaluate
his performance by what he has actually effected, which is a mixed
bag, not an absolute failure a couple years into office.
Some positives.....
- Unlike Dubya, he's started no useless wars.
- His 2 USSC justice appointments have been good.
- His income tax reform greatly curbed subsidies for mansions,
& made depreciation of assets more reasonable.
- The First Step Act.

If all you want is to love your leader, my criteria won't matter to you.
You'll just continue to rail against him with histrionic epithets.
That's OK. We just want different things.

We are all individuals.
Let no one anguish over what others think
of us due to actions of someone else.
OK, by your post it is clear that you completely missed the point of my post. As well as the point of all of the non-Trumpettes here.

To reiterate, yes his personality is beneath that a deviant garden slug, and his complete amorality should be an absolute non-starter for leader of a gang of sociopaths.
But we are not solely focused on his personality as to why he is a failure.
In addition to that, Donny-boy is a failure because of all the issues he has batched as a direct result of his psychological problems, as well as the very nature of his terrible policies. It is the righty-fanatic-apologist-base of his, who constantly forgive all of his malfeasance and crime, because.....:shrug:

We in the center and the left are NEVER looking for a “parental figure”, because kid, we don’t need one. If there is naïveté and fantasy-thinking, it is undeniably from the conservative right. This country (you and all the other righties included) need an intelligent, far-sighted, wise, honest, honorable, and (though as a science-type, I’m loathe to admit it) charismatic individual to head up our international policies and relations, as well as guide just law-making and law implementation in the U.S..

As for your very short list....
- Unlike Dubya, he's started no useless wars. He sure is eye-balling a few. That, neither of us can deny.
You will (and have repeatedly) of course baselessly claim that Hillary Clinton would have gotten us into a war by now, but most of our nation’s populace (including me) would disagree with you.

giphy.gif

There are too many facts to throw at you here, so.....No.

& made depreciation of assets more reasonable. Exactly. It made things better..
...for the wealthiest commercial real estate moguls. It doesn’t even take effect until you’re dealing with figures in the $million+$ range. So. Congratulations on your economic well-being. :thumbsup: But the rest of us, even we who own multiple rental properties, get zippo, while the elites get everything. Yes. I read that section of the tax code. And yes, I’m capable of understanding it; as can our financial advisor. — =Buttkiss is what the 99.9% get.

- The First Step Act. Heard about this last week. Had to look it up. OK, a bipartisan bill drawn up under Obama in 2015, stalled by Republicans, but amazingly lifted by Trump and both sides in the legislature.
How the FIRST STEP Act Became Law — and What Happens Next
giphy.gif

You’ll forgive me if I don’t leap onto your Fanatic-Wagon, because I’m not so blindly in deep passionate love with Don the Conman as y’all are.

Shall we talk about his myriad of bad policies and the poor impacts of his actions and his persona now, or can you not handle that?
His presence in the White House is a mistake, wrought by a delusional, naïve, and misled fan-club of voters who were (and are) taken in by the most successful conman the planet has ever been unfortunate enough to have ever encountered.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OK, by your post it is clear that you completely missed the point of my post. As well as the point of all of the non-Trumpettes here.
No, I'm pretty sure I grokked it.
I just disagree with your analysis regarding his fitness.
To reiterate, yes his personality is beneath that a deviant garden slug, and his complete amorality should be an absolute non-starter for leader of a gang of sociopaths.
Analysis should be more than angry epithets & metaphors.
But we are not solely focused on his personality as to why he is a failure.
In addition to that, Donny-boy is a failure because of all the issues he has batched as a direct result of his psychological problems, as well as the very nature of his terrible policies. It is the righty-fanatic-apologist-base of his, who constantly forgive all of his malfeasance and crime, because.....:shrug:
You don't address the range of policies though.
Instead, you wield insults at him.
We in the center and the left are NEVER looking for a “parental figure”, because kid, we don’t need one. If there is naïveté and fantasy-thinking, it is undeniably from the conservative right. This country (you and all the other righties included) need an intelligent, far-sighted, wise, honest, honorable, and (though as a science-type, I’m loathe to admit it) charismatic individual to head up our international policies and relations, as well as guide just law-making and law implementation in the U.S..
The left is all about nanny government, ie, taking care of us, restricting
us, providing security, removing liberties in the name of that security.
And this continual focus upon wanting him to be a better example
rather than on policies smacks of wanting better parenting.
As for your very short list....
- Unlike Dubya, he's started no useless wars. He sure is eye-balling a few. That, neither of us can deny.
But you give no credit for the reality of not starting any wars.
You will (and have repeatedly) of course baselessly claim that Hillary Clinton would have gotten us into a war by now....
I have never claimed that.
I'd only spoken to the relative risk that either would get us into another war.
but most of our nation’s populace (including me) would disagree with you.
"Most our nation's populace" in one god or another.
Does this make them right?
You cannot prove your case by citing popularity of opinion.
Good choices....although liberals would fume over their not being lefties.
Had Pence been Prez, I'd have expected justices with a more theocratic bent.
Anti-Trumpettes don't consider this when trying to oust Trump.
Look at his replacement...imagine the consequences...& only then impeach.
& made depreciation of assets more reasonable. Exactly. It made things better.....for the wealthiest commercial real estate moguls.
Are you arguing that limiting the SALT deduction benefited the wealthy?
What is your reasoning for this?
It doesn’t even take effect until you’re dealing with figures in the $million+$ range.
It takes effect for anyone who'd claim over $10K/year SALT deduction.
Congratulations on your economic well-being. :thumbsup: But the rest of us, even we who own multiple rental properties, get zippo, while the elites get everything. Yes. I read that section of the tax code. And yes, I’m capable of understanding it; as can our financial advisor. — =Buttkiss is what the 99.9% get.
I don't understand that.
- The First Step Act. Heard about this last week. Had to look it up. OK, a bipartisan bill drawn up under Obama in 2015, stalled by Republicans, but amazingly lifted by Trump and both sides in the legislature.
How the FIRST STEP Act Became Law — and What Happens Next
I can't tell from your post....do you favor or oppose his signing that bill?
You’ll forgive me if I don’t leap onto your Fanatic-Wagon, because I’m not so blindly in deep passionate love with Don the Conman as y’all are.
Now you're completely off the deep end with TDS.
I've repeatedly said I dislike & distrust him, & pointed out bad traits.
But reading comprehension goes out the window when hatred replaces reason.
I try to discuss policy & results, but you anti-Trumpettes can respond only with
insults for me or him, all with no analysis. It's telling that you'd not even heard
of the First Step Act, yet you claim to be aware of the results of his being in office.

Please calm down, be civil, & focus upon the issues.
Eschew raging invective such as....
His presence in the White House is a mistake, wrought by a delusional, naïve, and misled fan-club of voters who were (and are) taken in by the most successful conman the planet has ever been unfortunate enough to have ever encountered.
Also, you don't need to yell with bigger & bolder underlined fonts.
Shouting isn't more convincing...just louder.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"During Trump's current term"---I’m not sure what you mean-?

Please clarify :)-
He might get re-elected.
(Astounding, eh?)
There would be more choices than just Trump or Pence.
I addressed only the choices available during his first 4 years, ie the near future.
What would your third choice for Prez be during his current term?

james dixon

Premium Member
What would your third choice for Prez be during his current term?

I’m still confused, you state “during his current term”

we have no choice but the choice we have already chosen.

Trump is president

Having said that, the only choice left is to impeach him, NOW!!

james dixon

Premium Member
Also, you don't need to yell with bigger & bolder underlined fonts.
Shouting isn't more convincing...just louder.

This is just part of the game here. The text editor gives us tools to help convey our meaning so why not use them?

Clearly the poster's use of the text editor caught your attention or else we would not be posting about it now.

Hay, Revoltingest, it seems to be working :)-

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I’m still confused, you state “during his current term”

we have no choice but the choice we have already chosen.

Trump is president

Having said that, the only choice left is to impeach him, NOW!!

The current choices I see for anti-Trumpers.....
1) Replace Trump with Pence.
2) Replace Pence with....????

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is just part of the game here. The text editor gives us tools to help convey our meaning so why not use them?

Clearly the poster's use of the text editor caught your attention or else we would not be posting about it now.

Hay, Revoltingest, it seems to be working :)-
It did work, but to what end?
His argument became more inflamed.
Possible goals when coming to RF.....
- To rage at others.
- To abuse others.
- To change minds.
- Interesting conversation.
- Make friends.
- Advance society & government.
- Get lucky.
That post achieved the first one, but failed at the others.

james dixon

Premium Member
2) Replace Pence with....????
We have a lot of choices in this political atmosphere. Personally I prefer Biden but there a a few others to consider as well--

Elizabth Warren.jpg

The real game hasn't started yet, we have a lot of great choices to choose from.
What is your choice?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have a lot of choices in this political atmosphere. Personally I prefer Biden but there a a few others to consider as well--

View attachment 28992

The real game hasn't started yet, we have a lot of great choices to choose from.
What is your choice?
If Trump is impeached, I guarantee that Biden
won't replace him during Trump's current term.
Same for Pocahontas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree
Now let's move on to the real issues of the day, ok?
As for his being fit, what are the criteria?
Liking him?
Hating him?
His ability to legally remain in office (ie, not impeached & convicted)?

I don't judge him as fit or unfit....only better or worse than the alternative.
In 2016 he was better than Hillary (but not Sanders or Johnson).
In 2019 he is better than Pence.