• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is this what America is becoming?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Sorry, accused falsely. I didn't say "trust always,"

Sorry I don't believe ya. I just think you say one thing but do another type person.

After all, they themselves saw how he has disparaged, and tried to deny, funding support for Puerto Rico.

Funny you should mention that. Because Trump did not block the fund for that. He only objected to the amount to which it was. He thought it was too much. The Dems have not tried to negotiate the fund, they just flat out refuse it. That is a huge difference in action that speaks volumes.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Sorry I don't believe ya. I just think you say one thing but do another type person.
You are permitted you beliefs, but I know me at least a little bit better than you do. And it was you, by the way, who told me that my tendency to trust first was weak and gullible. So I've actually learned a little about you, from the dialogue.

If these news are true, and it seems like they are, what in the world is happening to America?
What has humanity been reduce to over there? And most important, what do you Americans here in RF think about it?
As much as this kind of news disgusts me, at least for now, none of this will affect me directly since I live in France and over here we don't have this kind of insanity yet (we have others, though).

This man could go to jail for 20 years for giving migrants food and water | César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández

Sick US teacher has to pay for substitute

Thats because america is not the land of the free. Atleast not anymore.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And you will not like the reasons for that.

Like it or not, America was a significant contributor to the ideas of "liberal democracy," (read Thomas Payne just for the barest start, or the great State Papers, or the Declaration of Independence).

I truly believe that America is losing its way. Liberal democracy is the polar opposite to any sort of "populism." All populisms, of whatever kind, posit that "the people here should be just like us." But that is completely antithetical to the ideas of liberal democracy, which the founding fathers embraced, which is that people should be free to live their lives as they see fit. You know, the freedom to "life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit." That nobodies religions or isms should be foist upon anyone else (first amendment).

And you will not like the reasons for that.

Like it or not, America was a significant contributor to the ideas of "liberal democracy," (read Thomas Payne just for the barest start, or the great State Papers, or the Declaration of Independence).

I truly believe that America is losing its way. Liberal democracy is the polar opposite to any sort of "populism." All populisms, of whatever kind, posit that "the people here should be just like us." But that is completely antithetical to the ideas of liberal democracy, which the founding fathers embraced, which is that people should be free to live their lives as they see fit. You know, the freedom to "life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit." That nobodies religions or isms should be foist upon anyone else (first amendment).

Yes, people should live there lives as they see fit, as long as it harms no one else.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

It's funny talking about "freedom" when a lot of the time, that freedom was just an illusion. There were so many areas of life in the past where unconscious constraints were made on personal freedom. It became normal to fear what others thought of you, rather than how you viewed yourself. Now, no one seems to care what others think of them. But if they do feel discriminated against, they will make a big fuss until laws are passed to allow them to do whatever they want. They will demand their freedom at the expense of the freedom of others.

Peer pressure is still a big factor, making people want to fit in with a paradigm that is acceptable to the majority.....not wanting to step outside of that accepted "norm" for fear of being ostracised. We have seen people do a complete 360 degree turn on some issues. (Particularly moral issues) But in either extreme, someone's freedom was lost.

Do you remember the time when marriage was a fairly strict arrangement where men worked and earned the money, while women stayed at home to tend to the jobs allotted to "housewives"? Remember the propaganda presented in TV shows like "Father Knows Best" or "Happy Days" promoting the happy families that no one seems to have anymore? :(

"Children were seen and not heard" to the point where physical abuse was common? What freedom existed for them? Today children have all the rights, but no responsibilities.....but is the world a better place because freedom has gone through so many phases that it is hard to define it anymore?

Was any nation really a "Land of the free" or was it more a case of a "land of the controlled"? Perception management is now a science where public perceptions are just as controlled today, but less obviously....unless you know how to identify it.

As human beings, if we lose our compassion for the plight of fellow humans, what have we become?....not human. Science tells us that we are animals, so obviously it is OK to behave in a 'dog eat dog' fashion. o_O

I am personally grateful that God has promised to fix this mess and to restore what we lost in Eden. I am looking forward to all of earth's inhabitants becoming "human" again.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
We are a nation of laws, and this man broke the law. The story obviously plays on your emotions, but this guy went out of his way to aid and abet these criminals.
So here we have the people who scream about Christian persecution loudest and longest actively persecuting someone for being Christian. What a banal dystopia.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

..BECAUSE ALL MY LAWS ARE JUST

722.gif

The hypocrisy is palpable. When it's a law they don't like they froth at the perceived injustice, when it's a law they like; "Oh, well we're a nation of laws, how dare you question our law enforcement, etc. etc."

BSM1

What? Me worry?
One of the weird inconsistencies in the
story, for a guy promoting expulsion of the
Romans.

He never ever did that. As a matter of fact, most scholars think that his aversion to joining the Zealots and leading an uprising hastened his demise. Check your facts...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There's a lot of dehumanization of migrants going on in the US right now.
Once the British amd French established colonies, when has that not been going on? German, Irish, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, I think the only ones we really haven't complained about (that Im aware of) are the Canadians (unless it's their geese).

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Once the British amd French established colonies, when has that not been going on? German, Irish, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, I think the only ones we really haven't complained about (that Im aware of) are the Canadians (unless it's their geese).
Touche.