• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is This An Example Of Islam?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well it seems that the stone-age mentality of some parts of Sharia Law has raised it's ugly head again.
This Is the Pregnant Woman Sudan Wants to Hang for Marrying a Christian - ABC News

However, it seems that there are those in the US and elsewhere that have closed their eyes and ears to the atrocities being committed under the guise of Islam. And the phobia of Islamphobia continues to grow.
Islamophobia in action? 'Honor Diaries' screening shut down by CAIR | Fox News
Yet there may be a growing concern about the problems of radical fundamentalism of Sharai Law. Look at the hoopla in LA over the Sultan of Brunei
Jay Leno joins Beverly Hills hotel protest against Sultan of Brunei
Even twitter is getting into the act via the First Lady
Michelle Obama and Malala join campaign to bring back kidnapped Nigerian girls | Mail Online
However, this event may not have too much to do with Sharia Law but more with embarrassing the government of Nigeria.
So, what are your opinions?

Closed their eyes.:facepalm:

Did they open their eyes when millions were killed in Japan by the nuclear bombs ?
Did they open their eyes when over a million died in Iraq as a result of the war ?
Did they open their eyes when the Palestinians are killed ?

Can they be brave enough to stop Bashar Alasad whom supported by Russia ?
Can they be brave enough to help Ukraine and declare war against Russia ?
Can they be brave enough to declare the war against North Korea ?

Yes,you are right,they should again be brave enough to declare war against Islam because one woman in Sudan will be killed.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Closed their eyes.:facepalm:

Did they open their eyes when millions were killed in Japan by the nuclear bombs ?
Did they open their eyes when over a million died in Iraq as a result of the war ?
Did they open their eyes when the Palestinians are killed ?

Can they be brave enough to stop Bashar Alasad whom supported by Russia ?
Can they be brave enough to help Ukraine and declare war against Russia ?
Can they be brave enough to declare the war against North Korea ?

Yes,you are right,they should again be brave enough to declare war against Islam because one woman in Sudan will be killed.

I don't see your point. Is opposing harmful and intolerant laws that restrict personal freedoms equivalent to a declaration of war on Islam?

And pointing out atrocities committed by other countries doesn't excuse such laws either. Two wrongs don't make a right, as has repeatedly been pointed out in threads about similar issues.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Well it seems that the stone-age mentality of some parts of Sharia Law has raised it's ugly head again.
This Is the Pregnant Woman Sudan Wants to Hang for Marrying a Christian - ABC News

However, it seems that there are those in the US and elsewhere that have closed their eyes and ears to the atrocities being committed under the guise of Islam. And the phobia of Islamphobia continues to grow.
Islamophobia in action? 'Honor Diaries' screening shut down by CAIR | Fox News
Yet there may be a growing concern about the problems of radical fundamentalism of Sharai Law. Look at the hoopla in LA over the Sultan of Brunei
Jay Leno joins Beverly Hills hotel protest against Sultan of Brunei
Even twitter is getting into the act via the First Lady
Michelle Obama and Malala join campaign to bring back kidnapped Nigerian girls | Mail Online
However, this event may not have too much to do with Sharia Law but more with embarrassing the government of Nigeria.
So, what are your opinions?
This is little more that cheap Islamophobic incitement.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
That his POV, that we need to be scared of Muslims and that it's such a violent and nasty religion, and that using insults such as "stone-age," are faulty as they more-or-less apply to many, if not most religions of the world, the Muslim terrorist population is very small, and there are far greater things to be afraid of if you live in a place like America.

Then why not merely post the above quoted segment?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you would care to re-read you may notice that I have not said anything about the poster - I have written re the posts
Grammatically, you said nothing of the poster, but this
does not defeat the fact that your insult was about him.
Your post was uncivil & unsupported.

kashmir

Islam isn't fooling anyone with all these speeches about peace and what not, the barbaric laws they go by speak for themselves.
It is the very laws that are what in condemning this pregnant woman to death for refusing to worship their god.

That is not an act of peace, that is an act of medieval dictatorship and destruction of innocent life.
Sorry of the truth hurts, but for those wishing the rest of the world should just turn our backs on this horror, they are dead wrong.

And as for muslims being of peace, the ones living in the USA even cheered on the streets when the twin towers fell.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me establish my street cred by saying that I'd be the first to dis Xians who'd use their book to justify the death penalty. But I overwhelmingly hear secular reasons for it in Americstan. I cannot blame Xians for it. Islam is a different matter though, since it is so often claimed as the basis of heinous acts in the name of government.

Yes, there is a vast difference because Shariah Law, when implemented properly, (which no one seems to be able to do), intertwines government and religion; can't separate the two.

I find it less offensive than many evils perpetrated in the name of Islam.
When religion goes bad, the religion must be examined...no matter how uncomfortable that makes its fans.

I'm all for examining the religion; the problem is, the powers-that-be won't allow for change. It has to happen from the individual and work its way up. There is no clergy in Islam, per se, which makes it harder to study and examine.

Islam is not a single thing. It is all that we see of it, so it is variously peaceful & violent.

... just like every society on earth. It's sad that the violent ones hide behind religion. That's another reason why "organized" religion scares me.

Not "frightened" of, but be aware of the regressive social views they'll tend to hold and that are most likely being taught in their mosques.

However, yes - I would say that Islamic countries tend to have a "frightening" culture.

Sadly, I think you are correct about the "frightening" factor. Too often, speeches are given with the "fear of eternal damnation" theme rather than one of mercy. I struggle with eternal hell and all of its horrors, so the whole "scare me into worship" does nothing but turn me off.

Islam isn't fooling anyone with all these speeches about peace and what not, the barbaric laws they go by speak for themselves.
It is the very laws that are what in condemning this pregnant woman to death for refusing to worship their god.

That is not an act of peace, that is an act of medieval dictatorship and destruction of innocent life.
Sorry of the truth hurts, but for those wishing the rest of the world should just turn our backs on this horror, you are dead wrong.

And as for muslims being of peace, the ones living in the USA even cheered on the streets when the twin towers fell.

For every idiot Muslim cheering on the fall of the towers, millions cried and screamed in horror, myself included. The media loves the haters.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And this is the kind of delussioal drivel one gets when one trolls for Islamophobic hate speech.

Seriously.

Let's find the 5 people out of the nearly 2.6 million Muslims in the US and film them. Surely they represent all. :sarcastic

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Weren't the Muslims that were cheering in the West Bank and Gaza? I don't think they showed anyone at all in America that was cheering.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Delusional hate speech?

The laws of islam speak for itself.
There is nothing delusional about the real picture.

Do you know the laws of Islam? Like... really KNOW them?

Let me start by saying that I am no apologist for any religion. I have issues with many, MANY religious laws and regulations... but unless you are some superbly educated scholar (and I don't mean a Muslim scholar), then I'm assuming you get your information from the likes of FOX News. Your arguments sound like those of Sean Hannity.

kashmir

Haven't seen one person explain why this woman should be hung and why the laws that is being used are moral and just.
Have seen plenty of goal posting though

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Weren't the Muslims that were cheering in the West Bank and Gaza? I don't think they showed anyone at all in America that was cheering.

Maybe. There was talk that the footage was actually from some older event, but really, who knows?

I'm quite sure there are some Americans cheering each time they hear about Muslims dying too. There are inherently evil people everywhere. I'm not excusing anyone, just pointing out the obvious.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Haven't seen one person explain why this woman should be hung and why the laws that is being used are moral and just.
Have seen plenty of goal posting though

That woman should not be hung and there is no Islamic law justifying them doing so. I could go into details but I'd be wasting my time because you already have your mind made up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That woman should not be hung and there is no Islamic law justifying them doing so. I could go into details but I'd be wasting my time because you already have your mind made up.
Parenthetical aside here...
I've urged an anti-Muslim conspiracy oriented friend to join the site because it's the only way he'd meet Muslims
like you. Islam is not some monolithic & uniform belief system...there is vast diversity, & people is people.