• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there anything more disgusting than God?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you asked Mother Mary about that? (Just saying going to the saints may help. That is exactly why many Catholics go to the saints to understand god better.)
I'm going to them and receiving more consolation. They are never to blame. God is the one who is at fault!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
More disgusting than God are people who doubt, question and deny Him. God will speak when He decides you are ready to hear. Someone who complains and doubts is not ready to hear.
I just want to serve and obey God , but God doesn't want that. He doesn't want me to do his will. He doesn't want me to know his will :(

allfoak

Alchemist
I was gritting my teeth and shaking with rage at God! I just don't see why he refuses to give understanding of his will!
it is okay to get angry just recognize that the anger isn't working and stop.
Just calm down and listen. You will hear if you do nothing more but listen .

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm going to them and receiving more consolation. They are never to blame. God is the one who is at fault!

That is the reason people go to the saints is to understand god. People cry at saints feet because they maybe upset at god and don't know how to express it. That is literally what saints do. Think about it. When jesus was crucified and before he was resurrected, he told his disciples (and everyone else) to look to his mother. Some interpret that as look to the mother for advice about her son. It's a whole family unit. If a child is mad at his mother he may go secretly to consult himself with his father.

Like I said, though, unless you are looking for miracles, people poping from the sky, and caspher whispering in your ear, your conversation with god is within you. Your actions. Your being. He doesn't need to talk to you because every time you are doing something he wants you to do (which scripture does provide some good deeds) he speaks to you through those deeds.

In my opinion, blaming god is like blaming yourself. If he created you, is in you, and what you do reflects him, then I'd say also learn more about yourself and you will learn about god. It's not confusing, really it just takes a whole lot of discipline and patience to put the puzzle together. That, and you won't fit the puzzle together overnight. I live with people almost in their 100s and they are still working puzzles literally (literally) at the same time praising the lord and talking about christ.

I would never say you are not listening to him. I'd just say that there are different ways "god" speaks and if you are waiting for him to actually make a sound in your ear, I honestly feel you'd be waiting a life time.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sorry for being offensive. It just disturbs me to see my Father behaving so shamefully. If I was God I would let people know what to do, Let them know my will. I can't believe He'd refuse to do so. I can't get over this!

I'll just go to my Queens. There's nothing disgusting about them and none of this is their fault! I was better when I stuck with them!

Today was an awful day! I never get this disgusted with God!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
God's chronic silence and hiding himself is totally sickening don't you think?
I guess I don't think of God as a source of agency all that often, to a large extent because I would expect significant differences in the world if such an entity existed.

I often wonder how historically accurate is the apparently popular current perception that God was supposed to be believed in, an actual entity with discernment and agency. It would not surprise me in the least to find evidence that it was not very popular at all.

In my early years I assumed it to be an allegory, not entirely unlike, say, the idea of Zeitgeist as used in History - people may find the personification useful for explanatory purposes, but that is not to mean that they truly believe in the existence of a conscious entity that directs events.

Last edited:

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Reach out into the cosmos while reaching inward into the depths of your own mind. Open your heart to the motivation and inspiration of God(s), and to the strength, power, wisdom and beauty that can be experienced through a relationship with God(s).

I would not expect the skies to part as some intradimensional being in his storm chariot speaks thunderously amidst bright flashes of lightning and hellfire. Feel free to imagine that if you like, but what matters is that you open your heart to the influence of God(s), that you immerse yourself in the power and energy of God(s), that you understand the thoughts and energy you direct towards God(s) and why, and that you consider how all these things have shaped the present and are forging a future.

A Vestigial Mote

You are the one that is not listening.
God answered your prayer before you even asked but you can't hear the answer because you think God is supposed send a bolt of lightning down on you to knock you out of your chair.
God is the still small voice within.
In other words, stop complaining and shut up and do more listening than asking.
God is not deaf, he heard you.
Now its your turn to listen.

Sounds mysterious and comes heavily-laden with an air of the cryptic. Speaks to esoteric knowledge - held by the select few who have broken through the barrier. Enlightenment! Shazam!!!

Specious alone.

A Vestigial Mote

I was gritting my teeth and shaking with rage at God! I just don't see why he refuses to give understanding of his will!

I completely and utterly believe you. It may sound self-serving to an extent, but it is refreshing to hear that a believer is so intent on hearing from God, that you have poured your time and energy into remaining informed by the God you are devoted to, and that you are completely honest and forthright about the fact that you have not been led as you had hoped. I usually only ever hear accounts of such efforts having the opposite effect - that God did speak, and that the pray-or did become more informed, and that they are now "on the path". But I have always felt that many are lying to appease themselves or others. That you are honest about your experience (an experience I feel that many many more truly share, but don't admit it) is what is refreshing.

allfoak

Alchemist
Sounds mysterious and comes heavily-laden with an air of the cryptic. Speaks to esoteric knowledge - held by the select few who have broken through the barrier. Enlightenment! Shazam!!!

Specious alone.
That is because that is what it is.

It is very simple.
It has always been this way.
Those that do not understand always accuse those who do understand of being "mystical" and out of touch with reality.
I have to listen to it nearly every time i open my mouth.
I have had to endure it since i was a child.
What i know and what i am able to do is scary to people.

A Vestigial Mote

It is very simple.
Those that do not understand always accuse those who do understand of being "mystical" and out of touch with reality.
Got it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I completely and utterly believe you. It may sound self-serving to an extent, but it is refreshing to hear that a believer is so intent on hearing from God, that you have poured your time and energy into remaining informed by the God you are devoted to, and that you are completely honest and forthright about the fact that you have not been led as you had hoped. I usually only ever hear accounts of such efforts having the opposite effect - that God did speak, and that the pray-or did become more informed, and that they are now "on the path". But I have always felt that many are lying to appease themselves or others. That you are honest about your experience (an experience I feel that many many more truly share, but don't admit it) is what is refreshing.
and it is refreshing to hear from someone who can appreciate the struggle that a thorough seeker of God is going through!

Spiderman

Veteran Member

It is very simple.
Don't you find that God is responsible for the fact that seekers are winding up at thousands of different versions of the truth?

Catholics are claiming they have the truth, Mormons claim they have the truth, Jehovah's witnesses claim they have the truth, 7th day adventists claim they have the truth, Muslims claim they have the truth, Pagans claim they have the truth, some people believe in Faeries, and they all genuinely believe they have the truth. Don't you find that God is responsible for all this confusion and division?

He could guide people. He could have left us with a Bible that didn't contradict itself so many times and lead so many people to opposite conclusions and beliefs. He could be faithful to His word and do what he said he was going to do. He could speak the truth to people who seek it. But No! He refuses! Why??

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
God's chronic silence and hiding himself is totally sickening don't you think?
What are you hoping will occur? I don't mean in general, but specifically. A voice or something? A voice many will tell you was your imagination and which you will soon come to doubt yourself?

You may have progressed to the point where you need to think of God as an internal thing and not an external thing. God may be the core of all consciousness, and not an external being separate from us. Quiet the external reaching of the mind and feel the source of the mind.

Last edited:

allfoak

Alchemist
Don't you find that God is responsible for the fact that seekers are winding up at thousands of different versions of the truth?

Catholics are claiming they have the truth, Mormons claim they have the truth, Jehovah's witnesses claim they have the truth, 7th day adventists claim they have the truth, Muslims claim they have the truth, Pagans claim they have the truth, some people believe in Faeries, and they all genuinely believe they have the truth. Don't you find that God is responsible for all this confusion and division?

He could guide people. He could have left us with a Bible that didn't contradict itself so many times and lead so many people to opposite conclusions and beliefs. He could be faithful to His word and do what he said he was going to do. He could speak the truth to people who seek it. But No! He refuses! Why??
You misunderstand because you have know idea who you are.
God is here guiding those who wish to be guided, everyone else must live under the Law.
The Word of God is within all of us.
All of the confusion and division is simply because people do not know this one single truth.
The Word became flesh means not just Jesus but all of us.
Look within for answers and you will never be bothered by all of the confusion and division, things will become clear and you will begin to become whole again.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What are you hoping will occur? I don't mean in general, but specifically. A voice or something?

You may have progressed to the point where you need to think of God as an internal thing and not an external thing. God may be the core of all consciousness, and not an external being separate from us. Quiet the external reaching of the mind and feel the source of the mind.
What im hoping will occur is I do His will, am enlightened, receive wisdom and understanding, and know how to listen to the Holy Spirit. I'm hoping I can learn how to discern His will.

Yes, a voice would be nice, but if there is another way to receive his instruction and obey, than that is good enough for me. I'm lost and wasting all time and talent and filled with confusing thoughts and prospects, begging God for instruction and not receiving it. It's complicated!

I receive inspirations and insight in my heart, but don't know how to discern what is from God and what isn't. It's been a ridiculous life and currently I'm in a bit of a mental institution, hoping for a homeless shelter, am full of defects, and just don't know what to do. I'm fed up! He must be testing me.