• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there anything more disgusting than God?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You misunderstand because you have know idea who you are.
God is here guiding those who wish to be guided, everyone else must live under the Law.
The Word of God is within all of us.
All of the confusion and division is simply because people do not know this one single truth.
The Word became flesh means not just Jesus but all of us.
Look within for answers and you will never be bothered by all of the confusion and division, things will become clear and you will begin to become whole again.
I hope "the word became flesh" applies to all of us as you say.

That's right, I don't know who I am.
I will look within for answers.

I don't agree that God is guiding those who wish to be guided, however. I think if that was true, seekers of the truth would not be so divided.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What im hoping will occur is I do His will, am enlightened, receive wisdom and understanding, and know how to listen to the Holy Spirit. I'm hoping I can learn how to discern His will.

Yes, a voice would be nice, but if there is another way to receive his instruction and obey, than that is good enough for me. I'm lost and wasting all time and talent and filled with confusing thoughts and prospects, begging God for instruction and not receiving it. It's complicated!

I receive inspirations and insight in my heart, but don't know how to discern what is from God and what isn't. It's been a ridiculous life and currently I'm in a bit of a mental institution, hoping for a homeless shelter, am full of defects, and just don't know what to do. I'm fed up! He must be testing me.
Just do the right things to get your head back on track. Life comes in waves and this one will pass. Ever tried meditation to calm the mind?

allfoak

Alchemist
I hope "the word became flesh" applies to all of us as you say.

That's right, I don't know who I am.
I will look within for answers.

I don't agree that God is guiding those who wish to be guided, however. I think if that was true, seekers of the truth would not be so divided.
The ones whom you call seekers are not seeking in the right place.
If you pay attention to what people post here on RF, you will know who the seekers are and who are the conformers.
The seekers are very similar in their message.
Like @George-ananda , i noticed his message to you was the same as mine.
Pay attention to these things and you can begin to clear up some of the confusion and not be thrown around by every wind that brings a new doctrine.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Actually nothing is more beautiful than God
That must be why he stands by and watches children get raped, tortured, and murdered, while he's perfectly capable of helping, yet refuses to, for no apparent reason, making him partially responsible. What beautiful God? You wouldn't know how beautiful God is because God is to busy hiding himself.

djhwoodwerks

I find God to be completely nauseating! He ruined countless lives when he chose to hide himself, hide the truth, and leave people without understanding and enlightenment. When was the last time God left you with a clear message? I just want to do God's will, nothing more, and God is so shockingly revolting he refuses to let a genuine seeker have understanding. How could you Lord?!? You make me sick!

Sorry, I just need to vent. God's chronic silence and hiding himself is totally sickening don't you think?

I really find it hilarious when people say stuff like this!

'Ok God, I'm perfect, I do everything perfect. I asked you for something 30 minutes ago and you haven't answered. Why are you hiding and ignoring me?'

'I am right in everything I'm doing, it's you that are wrong, it can't be me because I'm doing everything the way I think it should be done.'

SO HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

James 1:5-8 (ESV Strong's) 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

You think He's going to do anything for you when you talk about Him like that?

whirlingmerc

That must be why he stands by and watches children get raped, tortured, and murdered, while he's perfectly capable of helping, yet refuses to, for no apparent reason, making him partially responsible. What beautiful God? You wouldn't know how beautiful God is because God is to busy hiding himself.

We live in a fallen sin broken world... that would be one reason.
Not the only one and it doesn't matter that you don't have the list of reasons.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I want to do God's will and I pray that I do God's will and find it thoroughly disgusting that God would remain silent and refuse to let me know His will. More than anything I want to know what God wants me to do and He just remains silent and refuses to let me know. It is despicable that God would refuse to reveal his will to a sincere seeker!

I just pray and pray that God would give me the Holy Spirit like he said he would and enlighten me so that I serve him and be obedient to everything he desires, but He insists on being unreasonable, dishonest, and completely the opposite of what He claims he is. God makes me nauseous with all his lies! So many people could do His will but God insisted on leaving them confused and refusing to speak up. It thoroughly disgusts me every time I think of how God has treated His people! God is absolutely responsible for how sick, fowl, confused, and gruesome our world is.

I find God to be completely nauseating! He ruined countless lives when he chose to hide himself, hide the truth, and leave people without understanding and enlightenment. When was the last time God left you with a clear message? I just want to do God's will, nothing more, and God is so shockingly revolting he refuses to let a genuine seeker have understanding. How could you Lord?!? You make me sick!

Sorry, I just need to vent. God's chronic silence and hiding himself is totally sickening don't you think?

You want God to talk to you and tell you what to do? You don't get it, He won't tell you what to do because He wanted to experience free will. If He told you what to do, that's no longer free will.

If you want to be obedient to God, then live your life. If you want to be obedient to the bible, then become a priest.

It disgusts you to think of how God has treated His people? He is the people. He's doing it to Himself. Your opinion was never asked for and it will never be asked for. Who are you that God should explain Himself to you? You wouldn't even understand a fraction of it.

You're not a genuine seeker. You're a genuine cry baby because you're not getting what you want, you want to be sooo special, you want God to talk to you and tell you all His secrets. That's not going to happen.

What do you know about the universe? Anything? Nothing, right? Have you studied astronomy? Probably not. Physics? Nope. Primitive cultures? History? Have you been anywhwere other than a Walmart?

You're childish antics are totally sickening. Stop the tantrums, take off the diapers, remove the pacifier, and start learning.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I want to do God's will and I pray that I do God's will and find it thoroughly disgusting that God would remain silent and refuse to let me know His will. More than anything I want to know what God wants me to do and He just remains silent and refuses to let me know. It is despicable that God would refuse to reveal his will to a sincere seeker!

I just pray and pray that God would give me the Holy Spirit like he said he would and enlighten me so that I serve him and be obedient to everything he desires, but He insists on being unreasonable, dishonest, and completely the opposite of what He claims he is. God makes me nauseous with all his lies! So many people could do His will but God insisted on leaving them confused and refusing to speak up. It thoroughly disgusts me every time I think of how God has treated His people! God is absolutely responsible for how sick, fowl, confused, and gruesome our world is.

God does not directly speak to us, but every 2000 years he sends a teacher to Earth to explain what we should do with our lives. The last messenger (Jesus) was pretty clear in what God wants us to do. From Matthew:

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.
---
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"

How much more clear do you want him to be? The above verses are very clear on what he wants you to do. He wants us to take care of the least amongst us.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You want God to talk to you and tell you what to do? You don't get it, He won't tell you what to do because He wanted to experience free will. If He told you what to do, that's no longer free will.

If you want to be obedient to God, then live your life. If you want to be obedient to the bible, then become a priest.

It disgusts you to think of how God has treated His people? He is the people. He's doing it to Himself. Your opinion was never asked for and it will never be asked for. Who are you that God should explain Himself to you? You wouldn't even understand a fraction of it.

You're not a genuine seeker. You're a genuine cry baby because you're not getting what you want, you want to be sooo special, you want God to talk to you and tell you all His secrets. That's not going to happen.

What do you know about the universe? Anything? Nothing, right? Have you studied astronomy? Probably not. Physics? Nope. Primitive cultures? History? Have you been anywhwere other than a Walmart?

You're childish antics are totally sickening. Stop the tantrums, take off the diapers, remove the pacifier, and start learning.
I'll admit it was childish. I was having a bad day. In order to not be childish requires God's grace.

Regarding your question where I've been, I've been to Portugal, Canada, lived at three monasteries, been to multiple jails, group homes, and mental institutions, at age 12 I was cellmates with a boy that raped and drowned a girl. I've known a lot of sick people and seen the ugly side of life.

I'm not asking much from God, some simple instructions and that He be faithful to his word.

How is God telling me what to do a violation of my free-will? I still have freedom to obey.

There are atheists because God refuses to speak up. If God would speak up there would be no Atheists.

What good is God's silence doing our world? Some simple instruction is all I ask. The Bible is too full of falsehood and contradiction for me to accept as instructions from God.

I don't want God to tell me "all his secrets", just a few instructions and the grace to discern his voice from others.

djhwoodwerks

What good is God's silence doing our world? Some simple instruction is all I ask. The Bible is too full of falsehood and contradiction for me to accept as instructions from God.

I don't want God to tell me "all his secrets", just a few instructions and the grace to discern his voice from others.

Maybe you should change your view of the Bible, then see if you hear from God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What im hoping will occur is I do His will, am enlightened, receive wisdom and understanding, and know how to listen to the Holy Spirit. I'm hoping I can learn how to discern His will.

Yes, a voice would be nice, but if there is another way to receive his instruction and obey, than that is good enough for me. I'm lost and wasting all time and talent and filled with confusing thoughts and prospects, begging God for instruction and not receiving it. It's complicated!

I receive inspirations and insight in my heart, but don't know how to discern what is from God and what isn't. It's been a ridiculous life and currently I'm in a bit of a mental institution, hoping for a homeless shelter, am full of defects, and just don't know what to do. I'm fed up! He must be testing me.

Are you allowed to have pen and paper? I've only been in a mental institution once but public and they didn't allow practically anything. If they do, though, ask them to give you probably two papers. One onside put your beliefs about god-positive beliefs. The flip side put your situation and what you're going through. The second paper write the negative things you believe about god. If they let you have a bible, on the other side of that paper, just find things in the bible that correlate to the positive things.

If you put you believe god is love because of X, Y, and Z look in the back of the bible, find what verses or books talk about love (and faith like Hebrews and Romans), and jot down verses that speak to you. (That speak to you: many christians interpret that as god's voice. It is also your conscious talking to you).

When you finish with the full page, go back to your situation. Try to find match verses that are on your second page to meditate on and help you with your situation. When you ready, go to your negative version of god and see if you can kind of compare the verses that popped out at you verses your bias or views you already had of god you may not have seen otherwise.

When that's all through (I know long) go to your positive side, and pat yourself on the back for seeing there are some positive things about your faith. It was there you just had to go through the process of

1. Brainstorming (write down positive things you believe about god)

2. Acknowledge your situation (what is messing with you that you would like god to help you with)

3. Acknowledge your emotions (what are the negative things about god you are made at)

4. Find verses in the bible that correlate to number 1.

5. Reflect on your sitation with those verses for number 2.

6. When you're ready, go to 3 and analyze if that is actually what the bible teaches or what you personally feel comparing it to the verses that spoke to you

7. Pat yourself on the back and read your first page. You may find similarities in belief that your negativity may be shielding you against.

Also, I like @George-ananda advice. In my words, god is an experience not an external being. If you look at your answers, you may find they all have to do with your and people's feelings and experiences. It's up to you to see it literally; but most religious text aren't taken literally.

If you have access to a library, maybe a physical book about the saints may help. They gone through a lot.

Just sayin.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I'll admit it was childish. I was having a bad day. In order to not be childish requires God's grace.

Regarding your question where I've been, I've been to Portugal, Canada, lived at three monasteries, been to multiple jails, group homes, and mental institutions, at age 12 I was cellmates with a boy that raped and drowned a girl. I've known a lot of sick people and seen the ugly side of life.

I'm not asking much from God, some simple instructions and that He be faithful to his word.

How is God telling me what to do a violation of my free-will? I still have freedom to obey.

There are atheists because God refuses to speak up. If God would speak up there would be no Atheists.

In order not to be childish requires God's grace? You're still looking for God to do everything for you. That's not going to happen. He created a universe, gave beings life, free will, and the chance for heaven. If that's not enough for you then nothing will ever be good enough for you.

You have to make your own decisions. Those things that happened to you should have given you a very strong sense of right and wrong and a sense of what actions you should take and what actions not to risk. Having you know those things is incredibly important to the universe. You can't get that from a book, it doesn't convey the full meaning.

You're not asking much from God, instructions and that He abide to His word? You're asking God to violate His law of non-interference. That will never happen. You're also asking God to follow ignorant human rules in the bible. That will definately never happen. Humans make rules then violate them. God doesn't.

Those 3,000 year old laws in the Old Testament, the Jews don't even follow anymore but you think God has to follow their rules? Why, because they wrote them down and said they were from God?

How is God telling you what to do a violation of your free will? If God talks to you and makes you know that His voice is God then He just removed your ability to choose to believe in Him or not.

If God spoke up there would be no athiests? No, there wouldn't, and choice would be gone. God is not worried about the athiests. He's not worried about the homosexuals. He's not worried about what religion you or anyone else follows. He's not worried about whether you performed some stupid ritual correctly or not. You're trying to explain Him in simple human terms. God is not simple nor is He a human.

You want. You want. You want. That's all I keep hearing from you.

It's not about you.

Super Universe

Defender of God
The angels were supposed to do some things that would have removed our excessively aggressive and disease causing genes. Because of the Lucifer Rebellion it never happened. There was a plan for a better humanity but we're taking the long way there now.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member

Why do you always insult people right off the bat? You have anger and ego issues. Your little book obviously hasn't gotten you very far in life. You're still stuck in the muck with the rest of us.

aoji

I question your resolve. "God is speaking to you each moment," a master might say, "but the problem is that your mind is getting in the way." In my case I speak to myself in dreams. The problem is that I don't always listen. God may speak to you through scripture, dreams, something in creation (signs), words others say that make you stop and think, etc.

God's will is simple: love life, love living, love the living, do no harm to others, help others. But it probably starts by becoming aware of how one's mind thinks, how one acts and reacts. By now you should know the drill... seek the Silence of the mind. Whatever you can think is God's will is probably your own. Your rage would indicate that your mind is troubled.

Remember a time when you were happy? Everything goes in cycles; you will be happy again. Whatever is troubling you now will surely pass. "This too shall pass" ... The older you get, the closer your get to death, the less non-important things become to trouble one's mind.

Last edited: