• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is there any truth to...

BSM1

What? Me worry?
even during the last days people need to eat, yes?

No! What we be the point if you knew it were the last day(s)? My point is that no matter what a person believes there is no way to determine if this is the last day(s) until it's past.

Sultan Of Swing

No! What we be the point if you knew it were the last day(s)? My point is that no matter what a person believes there is no way to determine if this is the last day(s) until it's past.
You don't know if it's the last day, but if you know you're in a period of the last days, like some American doomsday preppers, you're still gonna eat, cos you still have to get through another day, and another, and another.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You don't know if it's the last day, but if you know you're in a period of the last days, like some American doomsday preppers, you're still gonna eat, cos you still have to get through another day, and another, and another.

How do you know? Your example of people preparing for a real or perceived natural or man-made catastrophe is a far cry from some one waving a Bible around ranting about this being the end of days. Preppers expect to survive, "last dayers" expect to meet their makers.

Sultan Of Swing

How do you know? Your example of people preparing for a real or perceived natural or man-made catastrophe is a far cry from some one waving a Bible around ranting about this being the end of days. Preppers expect to survive, "last dayers" expect to meet their makers.
That's their belief, your question was about why bother working or eating if you know it's the last days, not about whether said thing was actually true or not.

You'd bother working or eating because the return of Jesus is still to be welcomed, and as a Christian there is still a right way to live, to work honestly, take care of your family and those around you in the meantime, no matter if it's the last days or not.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
is there any truth to us being in end times and celebrities devil worshipping and the illuminati being devil worshippers?
None at all. For over a millinium Christians have been saying we're in the end of times, and the prophecies such as "wars and rumors of wars" are rather a constant in life. And the expected times obviously cannot be accurate, as this day will be unexpected like "a thief in the night."
Celebrities are known for worshiping whatever religion is being passed around as a fad, and the Illuminati has not existed for centuries now.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
That's their belief, your question was about why bother working or eating if you know it's the last days, not about whether said thing was actually true or not.

You'd bother working or eating because the return of Jesus is still to be welcomed, and as a Christian there is still a right way to live, to work honestly, take care of your family and those around you in the meantime, no matter if it's the last days or not.

Evidently one of us missed the point. I was pointing out that no one can tell if any time period is the "last days" no matter what signs or scripture they quote. If you could accurately state that today, or tomorrow, or next Thursday is the last day then there would be absolutely no reason to carry on with your day-to-day life. If you can't say which day will be the "last day" then you are just spouting nonsense based on speculation and perhaps a dose of reality would be beneficial.

rusra02

Premium Member
I believe the Bible describes events and conditions that uniquely mark our time as the last days. 2 Timothy 3 describes the moral breakdown we see today, and Jesus gave a detailed prophesy that describes events that occur during this time period leading up to Christ's taking over rulership of the earth. (Matthew 24,25)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have been hearing that the antichrist of the final times walks among us since the 1980s. Several popular candidates have died since.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have been hearing that the antichrist of the final times walks among us since the 1980s. Several popular candidates have died since.
I remember when people were so damn sure of it when Bill Clinton had his affair with Lewinsky. Personally, I think it's just something that comes with the title of US President, that no matter who you are or what you do or what you believe, there will be those who swear you are the anti-Christ and we are living in the final years of creation.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I believe the Bible describes events and conditions that uniquely mark our time as the last days. 2 Timothy 3 describes the moral breakdown we see today, and Jesus gave a detailed prophesy that describes events that occur during this time period leading up to Christ's taking over rulership of the earth. (Matthew 24,25)

This could apply to any time in any era-past and future.

rusra02

Premium Member
This could apply to any time in any era-past and future.
Each person must decide based on the evidence whether they believe we are in the last days or not. I believe all the events mentioned in the Bible can only apply to the time period starting in 1914. BTW, based on Bible prophecy true Christians were pointing to that year decades before 1914.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Each person must decide based on the evidence whether they believe we are in the last days or not. I believe all the events mentioned in the Bible can only apply to the time period starting in 1914. BTW, based on Bible prophecy true Christians were pointing to that year decades before 1914.

It doesn't matter if you believe it's the last days or not; no one can know or prove if these are the end times. If someone knew without a doubt when the end is coming then getting up and going to work would be the last thing on their "to-do" list.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
They said the world was going to end in 2012, but fortunately I decided not to blow all my savings on an end-of-the-world ice-cream fest. :p

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes, and such people can easily be dismissed as false prophets because not the Son nor the angels know the day, but only the Father knows, and the day shall come like a thief in the night.

rusra02

Premium Member
Yes, and such people can easily be dismissed as false prophets because not the Son nor the angels know the day, but only the Father knows, and the day shall come like a thief in the night.
You are talking about two different things. The coming of "that day and hour" for judgment to be executed upon this wicked system, no one but the Father knows. But I believe as to the time leading up to this day of judgment, that Jesus gave his great prophecy so his disciples would know the end would be near. (Matthew 24:32,33) Their question is recorded at Matthew 24:3; "While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things." In answer, Jesus told them of the events preceding the end of this system, as well as the final outcome.