• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a system in Nature/Universe, and in Quran/the Word of G-d?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is there a system in Nature/Universe, and in Quran/the only secure and pristine truthful Word of G-d?
And how does one find this system in Nature/Universe? Is it through Science, please?

Thread open to everybody of Religion or No-Religion.

I guess basically I'm saying that since there is no system in nature/universe, unlike the Quran where you see a pattern in life, the two don't relate. One doesn't have a system and the other one does.
Sorry Sir, I didn't mean that exactly. But one mentioned a touchy matter. I could just pray and do well wishing.

Please give some other example.

We humans invent things and it is our utmost endeavor that the things become automatic as much as possible. We go from manual to semi-automatic to automatic. Right, please?

If I'm following, an example would be what I mentioned about seizures. Seizures are electrical nerve disturbances in the brain.

God as a creator would be the organizer of the human body. So, he would ideally make everything perfect (a system of sorts). In abrahamic religions, when there is something disrupting that system (seizures) it breaks the pattern.

So the god of abraham as the creator works on a normal/abnormal system to where anything that seemingly contradicts the nature of creation is at fault.

This is from an abrahamic perspective.

It doesn't relate to the universe/nature. Universe/nature doesn't have a normal/abnormal system. It's spontaneous like seizures.

Summary:

Universe/nature doesn't find fault. Abrahamic god religions do.
So they don't relate because the former doesn't have a system but the latter does.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I guess basically I'm saying that since there is no system in nature/universe, unlike the Quran where you see a pattern in life, the two don't relate. One doesn't have a system and the other one does.

If I'm following, an example would be what I mentioned about seizures. Seizures are electrical nerve disturbances in the brain.

God as a creator would be the organizer of the human body. So, he would ideally make everything perfect (a system of sorts). In abrahamic religions, when there is something disrupting that system (seizures) it breaks the pattern.

So the god of abraham as the creator works on a normal/abnormal system to where anything that seemingly contradicts the nature of creation is at fault.

This is from an abrahamic perspective.

It doesn't relate to the universe/nature. Universe/nature doesn't have a normal/abnormal system. It's spontaneous like seizures.

Summary:

Universe/nature doesn't find fault. Abrahamic god religions do.
So they don't relate because the former doesn't have a system but the latter does.
there is no system in nature/universe
Friend!
If there is no system in nature/universe, how could man author Scientific Method- a non-physical tool to explore/investigate into nature/universe, please?

Regards

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Friend!
If there is no system in nature/universe, how could man author Scientific Method- a non-physical tool to explore/investigate into nature/universe, please?

Regards

We make systems to survive.

Here's what I have of the scientific-method

Consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.
-
We create a system to observe, measure, and experiment etc nature/universe etc.

Nature doesn't have a system. We do. I also think it could be fear of the unknown. If our brains can't register a pattern, it's always on alert.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
We make systems to survive.

Here's what I have of the scientific-method

Consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.
-
We create a system to observe, measure, and experiment etc nature/universe etc.

Nature doesn't have a system. We do. I also think it could be fear of the unknown. If our brains can't register a pattern, it's always on alert.
If the nature/universe would have not been in an order or in a system, the properties of things in it would never has been constant/fixed, so their systematic observance would not have been possible, in the first place.

Right, please?

Regards

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If the nature/universe would have not been in an order or in a system, the properties of things in it would never has been constant/fixed, so their systematic observance would not have been possible, in the first place.

Right, please?

Regards

I'm not understanding what you're saying. Can you give an example?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm not understanding what you're saying. Can you give an example?

Water is described in Chemistry Science as:
"Water is the chemical substance with chemical formula H
2O; one molecule of water has two hydrogen atoms covalently bonded to a single oxygen atom."
Properties of water - Wikipedia
If water would have not maintained these properties, and its properties were all the time changing, How could have science described it as such, please?
Right, please?
This is one aspect of it.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I just don't know what to make of your apparent claim that somehow science does not exist.

Is that even a disagreement?
Friend!
Science was born in the West <science | Origin and meaning of science by Online Etymology Dictionary> , I understand, in the mid 14th century and the "Scientific Method" officially was born:

"The scientific method is an empirical method of acquiring knowledge that has characterized the development of science since at least the 17th century."
Scientific method - Wikipedia
and before it, it might have been in the womb of mother nature, but not visible to the naked eye of the beholder/public. Right, please?

Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Friend!
Science was born in the West <science | Origin and meaning of science by Online Etymology Dictionary> , I understand, in the mid 14th century and the "Scientific Method" officially was born:

"The scientific method is an empirical method of acquiring knowledge that has characterized the development of science since at least the 17th century."
Scientific method - Wikipedia
and before it, it might have been in the womb of mother nature, but not visible to the naked eye of the beholder/public. Right, please?

Regards
Science goes back at the very least to ancient Greece. The method may only have been formalized recently, but it is fairly clear that it existed for a long time.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Of course, yes, it's all a system. Why?

BTW, I have no idea why you would introduce the Quran as a system. It's a book written by a man. A system in nature occurs naturally. Books don't evolve themselves. They are the product of human conceptualizations and opinions, typically with an agenda in mind. They are not natural organic creations.
"A system in nature occurs naturally"

Friend!
Isn't it a round and round statement, please? Doesn't one want to say that it is not designed/caused by the humans or it is not artificial ? Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
One finds system in the nature/universe as one/humans have investigated with the tool of science and withe a lot of effort has found out the systems at work.
One has not so far, I understand, read Quran from cover to cover, so how could one know them or deny them, please.
Right, please?

One would perhaps agree that the humans have found systems in nature/universe with a lot of effort, exploration and investigation. If, the same kind of effort, exploration and investigation is made, I am sure that one would find the same kind of systems in Quran.
Quran as its name suggests is Basically a Recitation that is verbally read/repeated by memorizing its contents from heart to heart and generation to generation and the system is intact and continues till date. It is secure and pristine due to this apparent system. Right, please?
One could verify it yourself. If one lives in or near a big town or a city where Muslims live, one could go to the mosque in it and ask for a Hafiz of Quran, he will repeat its text in the Arabic original.Right, please?
This is one visible system of Quran- the Recitation.Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is there a system in Nature/Universe, and in Quran/the Word of G-d?
Is there a system in Nature/Universe, and in Quran/the only secure and pristine truthful Word of G-d?
And how does one find this system in Nature/Universe? Is it through Science, please?
I have no clue what you are asking.
Does one find that nature/universe is in a system?
What is one's suggestion that it should be like, to add clarity,please?

It's your question. I'm not a mindreader.
If you don't know, how should I know?
What system are you talking about?
Your questions are too vague?
Are you just talking about nature?
Or are you talking about the Quran?

Because bringing in the Quran complicates matter when you asking question about nature. They don’t mix well together.
Please clarify, because your questions are confusing.
"Are you just talking about nature?
Or are you talking about the Quran?"

I am talking about both:

1. System in nature/universe
  2. And system in Quran- the truthful, pristine and secure Word of G-d
  3. Since the former, I understand, is created by G-d and as such is Word of G-d
  4. and, the later, Quran is not authored by Muhammad but authored by G-d
  5. Therefore, the system of both the above have strong relationship with one another which, I understand cannot be denied
  6. The reason being from the same source of G-d.
Did it help to remove the confusion and vagueness in OP, please?
I hope it must have. Right, please?

Yes, it is my question. One is right, I tried to make it more clear in my post #36 while replying to friend @gnostic . Is it clear now, please?
One may like to read my post in another thread, it may add some more clarity to the topic of this thread and OP to our friends @TagliatelliMonster and @gnostic .
Post #79 reads :
I said that to understand nature/universe- the Work of G-d, a lot of effort has to be made to explore and investigate into it and its systems. Similarly, to explore and investigate into the systems of Quran- the secure and pristine Word of G-d, if no less effort would be required that is desirable and reasonable. Right, please?

Regards