• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a complete list of countries where Islam spread by the sword?

cambridge79

We determine the fate of our own destiny. God doesn't force us to choose good. It's our decision. But only our bodies die. We live on after death so we have to live with the thought of how we lived here. Some will rejoice others will have deep regret. I want to be happy that I did everything in my life here to spread love and universal brotherhood.

Considering how you changed the subject of our discussion do I have to assume you have no valid answer to my simple question?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
You want a list of countries spread by the sword. I don't have such a list you will have to find it maybe wiki.

cambridge79

You want a list of countries spread by the sword. I don't have such a list you will have to find it maybe wiki.
No, the opening post wanted that, it was paarsurrey s request.

I wanted to know why Allah wanted Muhammad to be a warrior when he could have avoided all of that being Allah all powerful and Muhammad the most peaceful.
Jesus wasn't a warrior, was persecuted like Muhammad and didn't fight back, his words spread around the globe anyway. Muhammad had to pick a sword in his hand and fight on his horse and kill lot of people, even if it was for self defense. It doesn't seem the best way to start the self proclaimed religion of peace.
Please dont play dumb with me, you can't have suddenly lost the plot of our talking it was like two posts ago.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I'm very sorry. I thought maybe you were offended by me so I tried to stick to the original topic but I'm very happy to try and humbly share with you what little understanding I may have. I apologise if I offended you again by going off topic again.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
My humble understanding is that the Quraysh were a barbaric tribe who only knew violence and until rule of law could be established persecuted not only Muhammad and His followers. If for example the first born was a girl they would bury it alive in the desert sand. They also oppressed Christians and Jews and in this passage God told Muhammad why He wanted Him to defend the innocent:

Here is what God told Muhammad in the Quran why He wanted Muhammad to take up arms in defense: 22:40

"For, if God had not enabled people to defend themselves against one another [all] monasteries and churches and synagogues and mosques –in [all of] which God’s name is abundantly extolled –would surely have been destroyed [ere now].

morphesium

This is a map for the Muslim Conquests during a ~130 years period ( 622-750 A.D. ):

900px-Map_of_expansion_of_Caliphate.svg.png

You can read about the Muslim Conquests here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests
These were military campaigns.

Now look at the % of muslims in each country across the world nowadays:

Islam_percent_population_in_each_nation_World_Map_Muslim_data_by_Pew_Research.svg

As you can see, most of the places conquered by Muslims back then have ended up with a vast Muslim majority.
The influence of military conquests is undeniable.

Edited to add:- Thanks Koldo for posting this.

That statistics is very bad for mankind.

I am afraid of the future; Will our cultural diversity be lost for ever? Will mankind be thrown to darkages? Will humanity derail from its true purpose of (scientific, cultural, moral ) evolution ?

Last edited by a moderator:

muhammad_isa

Edited to add:- Thanks Koldo for posting this.

That statistics is very bad for mankind.

I am afraid of the future; Will our cultural diversity be lost for ever? Will mankind be thrown to darkages? Will humanity derail from its true purpose of (scientific, cultural, moral ) evolution ?

We can help our future by behaving in a civilised manner. Those that don't, whatever their religion should be dealt with in an apropriate manner. Injustice often happens despite our processes of law, and we need to stand up for the oppressed. Our future is shaped by the societies around the world. Personally, I live in a country where there is no force when it comes to religion, and became a Muslim due to my personal convictions. I believe in democracy.

morphesium

We can help our future by behaving in a civilised manner. Those that don't, whatever their religion should be dealt with in an apropriate manner. Injustice often happens despite our processes of law, and we need to stand up for the oppressed. Our future is shaped by the societies around the world. Personally, I live in a country where there is no force when it comes to religion, and became a Muslim due to my personal convictions. I believe in democracy.
You were free to become a Muslim, nobody punished you for that. Is a Muslim free to change his religion? especially in Muslim countries? Can they have a democracy there?
Is there a Muslim country where a non-Muslim is treated equally?

Can you please tell me a few of your personal convictions that made you a Muslim?

muhammad_isa

You were free to become a Muslim, nobody punished you for that. Is a Muslim free to change his religion? especially in Muslim countries? Can they have a democracy there?

Yes .. many countries treat their visitors better than their citizens. Unfortunately, many countries have histories that make them unstable and are far from democratic.

Can you please tell me a few of your personal convictions that made you a Muslim?

I was raised as a Christian by my mother, and after difficult teens I found myself in Birmingham UK where the Muslim community was substantial, even back 40 years ago. I recognised the similarities with my roots, and particularly was attracted towards the 'hadith' which hasn't really got an equivalent in Christianity..

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Yes .. many countries treat their visitors better than their citizens. Unfortunately, many countries have histories that make them unstable and are far from democratic.

I was raised as a Christian by my mother, and after difficult teens I found myself in Birmingham UK where the Muslim community was substantial, even back 40 years ago. I recognised the similarities with my roots, and particularly was attracted towards the 'hadith' which hasn't really got an equivalent in Christianity..
The Hadith is basically a guide to living a good life in the eyes of God, right? When you say "the Hadith", are you referring to a specific Hadith? If so, which one?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Not really .. they are encyclapedias of sayings of Muhammad and his disciples. They are not foolproof, but give an insight as to how the Qur'an should be understood amongst other things..

No
So, how many are there? Are there any that you don't "buy into", or do you treat all of them as authentic?

muhammad_isa

So, how many are there? Are there any that you don't "buy into", or do you treat all of them as authentic?

There are 10's of thousands..
They are not all authentic/sahih .. they are graded by reliability that is worked out by inspecting the chain of transmitters. Even 'authentic' hadiths are not foolproof.

Almighty God has given us intelligence. It's important to use it when trying to understand religion.
One hadith states "Do not take your religion to extreme, because you will not be able to continue"

This could be taken to mean "be moderate"

serp777

There are 10's of thousands..
They are not all authentic/sahih .. they are graded by reliability that is worked out by inspecting the chain of transmitters. Even 'authentic' hadiths are not foolproof.

Almighty God has given us intelligence. It's important to use it when trying to understand religion.
One hadith states "Do not take your religion to extreme, because you will not be able to continue"

This could be taken to mean "be moderate"

So if God gave us intelligence and wants us to use it then he should logically want us to be extremely skeptical of Islam--trusting that some dude received special knowledge in a cave with no one watching is highly dubious. We also have many competing religions that have been very successful, so if we're going to accept Islam and take its word that Muhammad is a prophet, then we have to accept the other religions too. So if God wants us to use our intelligence then he wants us to be agnostic and not blindly faithful.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Just find one act of violence done my Muhammad while he spent first 13 years of his ministry in Mecca out of 23 years total . That would be enough. Will one? Please
Regards
So, nobody could find a single such event of violence while Muhammad lived in Mecca for 13 years, and it is during this time that most devout companions got converted to Islam/Muhammad. Right?
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There are actually a lot of claims of such events, some quite emphatic at that.

I believe some are actually Quranic in origin. I can take a look at my sources if you want, although I take it for granted that they will be accused of being anti-Islamic. Which I might even agree with, but does not imply that they are in any sense wrong.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Oh .. you can't do it "off the top of your head" ? That suggests to me that paarsurrey is right
I suppose it would. I have come to expect that. There is a reason why such claims as paasurrey's are repeated so often despite holding so little water.

gnostic

The Lost One
You seems you ignore Islam history

there was war between Muslims and Non-Muslims , so Muslim were in defense most of time , they Muslims decide to take Mecca by order of God , Mecca surrender without war .
No, the war between Muslims and Meccans was not in self defence.

The war began when Muhammad provoked the first armed conflict, prior to the battle of Badr in 624, because of Muhammad leading bandit raids against merchant caravans (623 - 624).

Raiding Meccan merchant trade is not the act of self defence, but that of act of aggression, that eventually led to a battle.

And it wasn't self defence in 629, when Muslims attacked Byzantines, in the battle of Mu'tah. Byzantines were the ones defending their territory here, because the Arab Ghasanids were Byzantine ally in Heraclius' war against the Sassanid Persians (602 - 629), were living in Byzantine province.

After Muhammad's death, the Muslims invaded Byzantine Syria in 634, in retaliation for Muslims defeat at Mu'tah, again, not an act of self defence. Muslims then invaded Egypt in 639, also part of Byzantine empire.

Between 633 and 651, Muslims invaded Mesopotamia and then Persia. Again it wasn't self defence.

In 674 - 678, Constantinople was under siege, but the Muslim army was unsuccessful here, because of better fortification and a strong Byzantine navy. The siege was self defence.

And it was self defence when Muslims invaded Spain in 711 - 713.

The whole defensive wars were nothing more than propaganda and a myth that Muslims like to use as excuse to attacking the other sides.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
No, the war between Muslims and Meccans was not in self defence.

The war began when Muhammad provoked the first armed conflict, prior to the battle of Badr in 624, because of Muhammad leading bandit raids against merchant caravans (623 - 624).
This lie is made anti-Islam website .

this nothing to do Muslims history