• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a complete list of countries where Islam spread by the sword?

David M

If this worked all time ,the Christianity suppose the only religion in the world , because the Christians occupated most of the world , tried to preach their religion to other people .

Did anyone ever claim that the process was 100% successful and the societal changes are permanent? Christianity has however managed to spread over pretty much the whole world.

there was no threaten against Indonisian and Malazian by military , and many other nations .

Did anyone claim that Islam was solely spread by the sword?

But in other nations there were military threats and conquests. Its a historic fact those events took place.

And I will point out that there is historic evidence of non-muslim kingdoms in what is now Indonesia (such as the Sunda Kingdom) being conquered by other muslim Indonesian kingdoms so your claim is not entirely accurate.

the fact is ;how about Now, do you deny that Western countries want to spread the "democraty" and "culture" by military/political and "media" over Muslims ?

Nope, don't deny that western countries want to spread democracy at all just as I would not deny that Christianity was spread by the sword, less so during the last few centuries. I would however argue that the primary method of spreading it is political, economic and cultural rather than military.

However islamic countries also try (note that I said "try") and spread islam by exactly the same means, would you deny that?

And as a great man is purported to have said: "“democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others”". Its certainly better than Dictatorship, Monarchy or Theocracy.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I refer to the rules prevalent within Islam that a Muslim man must raise his children Muslim, and that a Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim man, for fear the resulting children would be raised non-Muslim. These rules act to increase the proportion of a populace which is Muslim.
This is a reasonable rule so that the children don't get confused.
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
Regards

Just as reasonably, we could ask all Muslims marrying non-Muslims to convert to the faith of their partner. Then both parents will be the same faith (be it Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism etc) and they wouldn't get confused.

Actually, many interfaith couples very successfully raise children anyway.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
So our friends could not prepare a comprehensive, complete and with consensus list , singly or jointly, on which the historians and the like could have proved with profound and 100% accurate list of countries that Islam spread with sword. I know it is impossible to do because it never happened.
In that case they can struggle to point out ONE repeat ONE, repeat ONE (not many) such country with 100% accuracy with 100% accurate sources of that time. Please
Regards

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
So our friends could not prepare a comprehensive, complete and with consensus list , singly or jointly, on which the historians and the like could have proved with profound and 100% accurate list of countries that Islam spread with sword. I know it is impossible to do because it never happened.
In that case they can struggle to point out ONE repeat ONE, repeat ONE (not many) such country with 100% accuracy with 100% accurate sources of that time. Please
Regards
For the billionth time, the problem is with your assertion. I don't know of anyone who would say that Islam was always spread by the sword. The point is, all we need do is read the glowing Muslim accounts of the rampages of Muslim armies across great swaths of the known world at the time. The pretext of "defensive" wars was, simply put, often done for the flimsiest of reasons like insulting your "prophet". And... I do hope you understand that you are not doing your side of the discussion any favors with this kind of argument.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Neither the list comprehensive with consensus as per topic "Is there a complete list of countries where Islam spread by the sword?" provide nor they could " point out ONE repeat ONE, repeat ONE (not many) such country with 100% accuracy with 100% accurate sources of that time" as per Post #185 above. Nevermind
Regards

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Regards
Are you serious? Why would it cause confusion? I grew up in a mixed religious household (Jewish and Roman Catholic), and it strengthened my religious understanding and thirst for knowledge about both faiths.

Limiting the information/education of children due to fear of confusion?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Neither the list comprehensive with consensus as per topic "Is there a complete list of countries where Islam spread by the sword?" provide nor they could " point out ONE repeat ONE, repeat ONE (not many) such country with 100% accuracy with 100% accurate sources of that time" as per Post #185 above. Nevermind
Regards
You add new meaning to the word disingenuous.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Regards
Back to your Kent Hovind Challenge.
Sad your faith is so weak.

McBell

Please provide the list or the ONE country as requested in Post #188 .
Regards
Please stop ignoring, dismissing, side stepping, etc. every point that shows you are just plain flat out wrong.
Until you can face the truth, you will have to had from it.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I am bringing out the Truth that I sincerely believe in. You are free to believe what you think to be truthful.
Regards

McBell

I am bringing out the Truth that I sincerely believe in. You are free to believe what you think to be truthful.
Regards
You are spreading a proven falsehood.
Even after being shown it is flat out wrong.
There is a word for that...
Sadly, with the currently state of politically correct the forum is on, it is a violation of the rules to use said word.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You are spreading a proven falsehood.
Even after being shown it is flat out wrong.
There is a word for that...
Sadly, with the currently state of politically correct the forum is on, it is a violation of the rules to use said word.
You are simply wrong. Never-mind, please. When did you provide a 100% correct evidence? You never did it. Right?
Regards

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
In countries such as Jupiter and Mars or moon ,islam is not spread by sword , what the hell are you trying to defame islam?

Lolzzzz

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
You are simply wrong. Never-mind, please. When did you provide a 100% correct evidence? You never did it. Right?
Regards

You have not and have yet to show why anybody you say is wrong, is wrong. All you can retort with is "You are simply wrong." You never explain how, never elaborate. If your arguments had any depth you would have expanded on them ages ago. Instead you resort to shifting the goal posts - alternating between using examples of Islam as a whole and your own sect Ahmadi Islam as 'evidence' that Islam spread peacefully in Muhammed's time; you resort to copying and pasting whole Wikipedia entries while ignoring the multiple instances people have named you places Islam was spread to by force.

Persia.
Egypt.
The Byzantine Empire.
The Berber tribes.
Spain.

Greece.
India.
The city-state of Ta'if.
The city-state of Mecca.

How long will it take before this finally sinks in? You have the examples before you. You just refuse to acknowledge they are there. That is the worst kind of dishonesty.

Last edited:

McBell

Regards
You cry a lack of evidence, but that is a bold faced lie.
Evidence has been presented that shows you are just flat out wrong.

Your choosing to ignore the evidence that shows you are flat out wrong does not make said evidence disapear.