• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is marriage the cure for peoples problems?

Riders

You don't need a lot of friends. Just a few friends who are good for you. From what you say, it looks to me like you're doing all the right things, for your life to get better. Also, stop to enjoy the scenery sometimes. Sorry for the troubles along the way.

Id like to go to jr college also maybe next year if I can lose the weight I need to.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I can not depend on a man to solve my problems for me...................its typical the bible does say to go and replenish the earth get married and have kids so......

For me, it was the man Jesus that helped me and helps me solve my problems... whether you get married or not.

Hope you had a successful release from addictions that you are fighting.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Riders Just now, thinking about what a good friend you've been to me, I wondered if you would want to help me with what I've been trying and hoping to do in these forums. I'll post a message to you about it, in another thread.

I know, "Give an inch and they'll take a mile." Isn't it awful? :D

Riders

For me, it was the man Jesus that helped me and helps me solve my problems... whether you get married or not.

Hope you had a successful release from addictions that you are fighting.

ALthough I give credit tot he bible and believe some of it true and want to bring it into my life this year, I am not a Christian as far as believing Jesus as God or lord. I have a tendency to believe certain things about that that you probably disagree with.

However I get your point, spirituality, thats what I am saying I need more spirituality way more and hopefully church involvement this year before I get into a relationship. I do practice Zen meditation at home and would like to also get involved there.

There are men at church too, Im not ready for a relationship at all but who knows perhaps I can make a platonic friend. I want to go play games too Ive got games near me, its a nice way to get out and meet people too.

Riders

@Riders Just now, thinking about what a good friend you've been to me, I wondered if you would want to help me with what I've been trying and hoping to do in these forums. I'll post a message to you about it, in another thread.

I know, "Give an inch and they'll take a mile." Isn't it awful? :D

Sure. Anything you can message me.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
ALthough I give credit tot he bible and believe some of it true and want to bring it into my life this year, I am not a Christian as far as believing Jesus as God or lord. I have a tendency to believe certain things about that that you probably disagree with.

However I get your point, spirituality, thats what I am saying I need more spirituality way more and hopefully church involvement this year before I get into a relationship. I do practice Zen meditation at home and would like to also get involved there.

There are men at church too, Im not ready for a relationship at all but who knows perhaps I can make a platonic friend. I want to go play games too Ive got games near me, its a nice way to get out and meet people too.
I love this. All of this. You and your life just keep looking better and better to me. I hope you stop and look around sometimes, to enjoy it. Sorry again for all the troubles.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes.
Marriage is a beautiful romantic thing.

The people who say no it's probably because they have and had so many chances to get married, so they take it for granted.

Riders

Yes.
Marriage is a beautiful romantic thing.

The people who say no it's probably because they have and had so many chances to get married, so they take it for granted.

So you agree that marriage can change peoples lives for the better? Some say if only we could get our son to settle down with a good girl.......something to that effect, if they settle down get married maybe they quit going out and partying? Ive heard that?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hi Riders. :)
You can go to church meetings and services if you would like to. But if you can, go to lots of different churches.

You're looking for company, so don't declare for one church or another since your main theme is to make a few friends and acquaintances.

Please don't look at what you perceive as your sister's great success as a comparison...... just be pleased for her.

Please don't worry about what others think about you....... you just do what makes you happy.

At the moment you might just have a big list of 'things' that any future boyfriend/husband might need to be able to fulfill. Please wait until that list is empty..... wait until all you are seeking is a person's love and understanding, no more., and then look again. Your perfect partner might have a low-paid job, or be disabled, or be an athlete, it doesn't matter...... you are seeking a person who you can give everything to. And then, who knows?

Good Luck, Riders. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No, marriage wont cure any problems but it can add additional problems.

Solving these is part of making a successful marriage

C'est la vie

sealchan

I put this in religious debate because marriage and having families tends to be very important in most religions, the bible says to go forth and plant the seed or raise children is what it means, replenish the earth.

My sister is a conservative Baptist Christian ,she had a fairytail marriage more or less, she and her husband have 2 businesses lots of money and she teaches music.

They had 4 kids and life seems perfect for them. But the bible says to be married or not? I was saying last night my sponsor in my addiction program was telling me how lonely I am, I have no family, I have no transportation I cant work outside the house and Ive been stuck at home alone the last month it sucks.

I do get lonely and she worries that Ill be in my addiction again. I was telling her Im planning on going to church next month, probably Unity, I know if I can get in a church group and also in counseling itll help me out so much.

She said " Why don't you find a man and get married then you wont have to be in the self hep program or counseling and it'll solve all your problems>" Christians think this a lot, that for folks who have addictions oh if they could only marry the right person they could get straightened out............

If you watch intervention about drug addicts and alcoholics mostly a lot of them did that, maybe for awhile they were married , they might have gotten off of drugs or drinking for awhile because they had a kid or got married fell in love.....but it always comes back.

I can not depend on a man to solve my problems for me...................its typical the bible does say to go and replenish the earth get married and have kids so......

A committed relationship can bring deep psychological peace, but it also brings conflict. You should have good confidence in your method/resources for managing your stressors/triggers for using and any potential partner must be fully on board with that of course.

The danger with falling in love is that it tests your inner balance. But so does life itself. Addiction does the same. In the end you are the only person who can decide. Just keep trusting in yourself and hold on to what you know about yourself, your needs and limits.

Riders

Hi Riders. :)
You can go to church meetings and services if you would like to. But if you can, go to lots of different churches.

You're looking for company, so don't declare for one church or another since your main theme is to make a few friends and acquaintances.

Please don't look at what you perceive as your sister's great success as a comparison...... just be pleased for her.

Please don't worry about what others think about you....... you just do what makes you happy.

At the moment you might just have a big list of 'things' that any future boyfriend/husband might need to be able to fulfill. Please wait until that list is empty..... wait until all you are seeking is a person's love and understanding, no more., and then look again. Your perfect partner might have a low-paid job, or be disabled, or be an athlete, it doesn't matter...... you are seeking a person who you can give everything to. And then, who knows?

Good Luck, Riders. :)

Yes I agree, Im not looking for a boyfriend right now. I need to be in counseling first and get more recovery in my addiction program first. Its gonna be a while before Im ready for a boyfriend.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes I agree, Im not looking for a boyfriend right now. I need to be in counseling first and get more recovery in my addiction program first. Its gonna be a while before Im ready for a boyfriend.

Hello..... :)
Whatever it takes for you to find peace of mind and happiness.

You never know.......... happiness can find you when and where and how you might least expect it.

Good Luck..... :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, marriage wont cure any problems but it can add additional problems.
Solving these is part of making a successful marriage
C'est la vie

How right you are. Just as written at 1 Corinthians 7:28 that married people will have tribulation in the flesh......

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, recovery with also a view of focusing off self and focusing on others such as to what pleases God.
Such as the advice found at 1 Corinthians 7:32-35 that singleness can be without married distractions.
- Numbers 6:24-26 for you.