• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is marriage the cure for peoples problems?

Riders

Im not closed off to finding a male friend. If I happen to make a male friend at church its ok, but he will have to be happy being a platonic friend about a year before anything romantic happens. No sex no romance.You never know I might make a friend. Im sure it would be healthy for em to make some women friend since I have issues with women. I'm looking forward to it.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe that marriage is the most natural state. "And a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife." Marriage makes it clear who has sexual rights to whom (staving off murder over women) and provides a very stable home for the raising of children.j

But spouses die and divorces happen. An individual should be complete enough in themselves to live happily without being in a couples relationship should that become necessary.

Basically, being married is not a peace of cake. While it has its joys, it certainly comes with problems. Celibacy also has it's plusses, but it's problems as well. You simply choose which set of plusses/problems you are going to have.

I don't entertain the idea of having sex with others one is not married to: it is irresponsible to one's self, one's future spouse, and to the potential children that come out of such an arrangement (birth control can fail, is is usually not used at all times). I do believe in common law marriages, and think it's stupid that society has gotten rid of them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Basically, being married is not a peace of cake. While it has its joys, it certainly comes with problems. Celibacy also has it's plusses, but it's problems as well. You simply choose which set of plusses/problems you are going to have.
Mrs Revolt's problems began with marriage.

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
I don't know. Marriage can set clear goals (raising a child can be one) in someone's life and provides an intimacy that can really benefit both partners but marriage can also crumble and turn into a nightmare if not well-sustained.
Depending on the context, marriage can make the best out of both partners.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't know. Marriage can set clear goals (raising a child can be one) in someone's life and provides an intimacy that can really benefit both partners but marriage can also crumble and turn into a nightmare if not well-sustained.
Depending on the context, marriage can make the best out of both partners.
It's not that bad really... We just have WAY too much stress... Most marriages would have never survived what ours has survived for over 34 years. Divorce would have happened long, long ago... :rolleyes:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I cannot solve our problems because I don't have time, since I am married to our rental house.... :(

End that problem by buying, which presents a whole new bunch of problems.

But at least you have something in the end.

Riders

You're a light in the darkness. For me at the very least, and maybe for some others too, if you don't hide it under a bushel.

I tried to follow your thread bit I cant figure out how to find the link to follow.

Riders

Yes, recovery with also a view of focusing off self and focusing on others such as to what pleases God.
Such as the advice found at 1 Corinthians 7:32-35 that singleness can be without married distractions.
- Numbers 6:24-26 for you.

I agree with that scripture except for the virgin part, not sure why they put that in the bible difference between a wife and a virgin. Did they say that about the husbands too?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I agree with that scripture except for the virgin part, not sure why they put that in the bible difference between a wife and a virgin. Did they say that about the husbands too?
In my understanding of the Bible, it is the act of procreative union between a man and woman that makes them husband and wife. In my understanding, that's the definition of husband and wife, in the Bible.

(edit)After some checking with a Web search, I want to revise that. In my understanding of the Bible, it is the kind of physical union between a man and woman that sometimes produces children, that makes them husband and wife. In my understanding, that's the definition of husband and wife, in the Bible.(end edit)

Last edited: