• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus an angel?

sooda

Veteran Member
I think it violates your understanding of scripture. The knowledge of the holy is understanding. Proverbs 9:10. There are tens of thousands of different Christian sects and they all believe something different. They cannot agree. You can read anything into the NT that you want it to say. It is idolatry and confusion. I was raised as a Christian, but I've always hated it. I chose my religion in 1983 based on my own experiences.

So you converted to Judaism.

susanblange

I think some of your information is incorrect,the prefix “arch,” meaning “chief” or “principal,” implies that there is only one archangel, the chief angel; in the Scriptures, “archangel” is never found in the plural. I don't think any of the other angels are called archangels, anyway it would be contradictory.

“The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.”
First Thessalonians 4:16

Interestingly the name Michael comes from the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?"
Who is going to dig all these people up? The arch angels Gabrielle and Michael have both been reincarnated. They are included in the adopted children of God and they have a role to play in the end times. Psalm 45:16. Arch angels were holy when they died.

susanblange

You must mix your Judaism with Scofield and Hal Lindsey.
My religion is an eclectic mix of the Truth that is found in all religions. I actually practice my own flavor of Judaism and I call it "Biblical Judaism". I am a Fundamentalist and I believe the OT is the word of God.

susanblange

So you converted to Judaism.
I converted but not formally. As a group, the Jews do not want me, which is the fulfillment of scripture. The Jews will be punished by God for this. Hosea 4:6. "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Job 24:1. "Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days"?.

74x12

Jehovah's Witnesses and Adventists claim that Michael (the angel) is Jesus. However, in the Bible Jesus is neither described as an angel nor as Michael. Not once.
They also claim that Michael is the only Archangel, which is not said in the Bible.
What is an Archangel?
There are altogether seven archangels, each of these seven angels has his own troop and the archangel is the leader of his troop. Those seven troops each have a specific task. The book of Enoch(20:1-8) gives us information about this:
And these are the names of the holy angels who watch. Uriel, one of the holy angels, who is over the world and over Tartarus. Raphael, one of the holy angels, who is over the spirits of men. Raguel, one of the holy angels who takes vengeance on the world of the luminaries. Michael, one of the holy angels, to wit, he that is set over the best part of mankind and over chaos. Saraqael, one of the holy angels, who is set over the spirits, who sin in the spirit. Gabriel, one of the holy angels, who is over Paradise and the serpents and the Cherubim. Remiel, one of the holy angels, whom God set over those who rise.

The archangels are also mentioned in the book of Tobit (12:15):
I am Raphael, one of the seven angels who stand by and enter before the glory of the Lord.

Revelation 21:9 mentions the seven angels too:
Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.
No He isn't an angel. As it says He is so much better than the angels. (Hebrews 1:4)

sooda

Veteran Member
I converted but not formally. As a group, the Jews do not want me, which is the fulfillment of scripture. The Jews will be punished by God for this. Hosea 4:6. "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Job 24:1. "Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days"?.
You don't understand hosea.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I think it violates your understanding of scripture. The knowledge of the holy is understanding. Proverbs 9:10. There are tens of thousands of different Christian sects and they all believe something different. They cannot agree. You can read anything into the NT that you want it to say. It is idolatry and confusion. I was raised as a Christian, but I've always hated it. I chose my religion in 1983 based on my own experiences.
If there is 10,000 sects, the 9998 believe that Jesus was the word, the word was with God, the word WAS God

You simply offer another gospel :) But you are free to hate the Gospel if you want. :)

shmogie

Israel is Babylon the Great. and it too sits on seven hill.
No, not hardly. The formation of Israel in 1948 was predicted in scripture, they regained the land that had been given to them by God almost 4,000 years ago.

The end is rapidly approaching, and Israel will have a central role in the drama.

Are you sure you aren´t a muslim ?

susanblange

Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.
You may be right, but I don't think so. The Vatican/Shinar owns most of the Temple Mount and the House of God will be rebuilt there. The first part of Zechariah 5 is about the flying roll, the Messiah's childhood diary. The second paragraph is about the Lord and the reconstruction of the Temple. Zech. 5:11. "...To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base".

shmogie

Of course they agree on the fundamentals of the Faith, else they wouldn´t be Christian.

Obviously you haven read much of the NT.

sooda

Veteran Member
You may be right, but I don't think so. The Vatican/Shinar owns most of the Temple Mount and the House of God will be rebuilt there. The first part of Zechariah 5 is about the flying roll, the Messiah's childhood diary. The second paragraph is about the Lord and the reconstruction of the Temple. Zech. 5:11. "...To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base".
No they don't own the temple mount.

susanblange

If there is 10,000 sects, the 9998 believe that Jesus was the word, the word was with God, the word WAS God

You simply offer another gospel :) But you are free to hate the Gospel if you want. :)
I think the problem is that the NT was written by men. Most of the OT was written/dictated by God and the rest was God inspired. Men are fallible and the NT is full of contradictions. I have read the NT three times. It is the doctrine of Satan. Job 31:35. "Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book". Satan means "adversary".

sooda

Veteran Member
No, not hardly. The formation of Israel in 1948 was predicted in scripture, they regained the land that had been given to them by God almost 4,000 years ago.

The end is rapidly approaching, and Israel will have a central role in the drama.

Are you sure you aren´t a muslim ?

Already posted. Revelation 11.
[

Chapter and verse please

shmogie

No they don't own the temple mount.
The Temple mount is owned by Israel, yet it is under the control of Islam, who built the Dome of the Rock, I think itś called, where Herods temple was before Rome destroyed it. This supposedly the place where Abraham was going to sacrifice his son.

sooda

Veteran Member
The Temple mount is owned by Israel, yet it is under the control of Islam, who built the Dome of the Rock, I think itś called, where Herods temple was before Rome destroyed it. This supposedly the place where Abraham was going to sacrifice his son.

Yep Haram al Sharif is about 1300 years old.

sooda

Veteran Member
I think the problem is that the NT was written by men. Most of the OT was written/dictated by God and the rest was God inspired. Men are fallible and the NT is full of contradictions. I have read the NT three times. It is the doctrine of Satan. Job 31:35. "Oh that one would hear me! behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book". Satan means "adversary".

The OT was redacted and amended many times. Under King Omri the different stories from Judea and Israel were combined in an effort to reunite the divided kingdom.

Hosea has NOTHING to do with modern times. He was warning the Jews to shape up and keep the law or they would be punished. They were. They were conquered by the Assyrians.

shmogie

You
You have read it three times. I have read it at least 75 times, maybe more.

The NT has no contradictions, The Gospels were written from different perspectives.

The Apostles were more divinely inspired than the prophets. They actually heard God teaching directly.

Your verse says Job DESIRED that his adversary had written a book.