• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

Carico

Here's a wild idea: let's ask the several lesbians in the thread whether they find Brad Pitt attractive.

Because it's not in our nature. Kind of like why you don't like the idea of having sex with Brad Pitt. What is it inside you emotionally that makes you do this? You don't even know.

Anger is in our natures too. So should we condone murder because people want to act on their anger? :rolleyes: So sorry, but we all have; envy, greed, lust, sloth, gluttony, pride and anger. We can either act out on them and ruin our lives and the lives of those around us or we can grow up and admit that they aren't qualities that benefit our lives and receive Christ's forgiveness for them. If not, we remain a slave to those things the rest of our lives just to live in everlasting darkness forever. Only a fool would choose the latter.

Fatihah

So you're not familiar with physical intimacy as an expression of love between two adults who love each other in a special way? *hopes there is no poor Mrs. Fatihah.*

Response: I'm familiar with love between a spouse. Unfortunately, you're not.

Trey of Diamonds

Response: I don't decide. Nature has already made the decision for us.

I reject this statement. There is no evidence that it is true and a great deal that it is false.

Words can't force anything.

Yours especially.

Response: And again, words can't force anything. But no matter what religion you claim, one should still teach the difference between right and wrong and homosexuality is definately wrong and is a sin.

So I can be any religion I want as long as I agree to teach your version of the truth. I reject this as well. You are trying to appear humble and peaceful while still demanding we accept your belief as the ultimate truth.

Fatihah

I am right-handed, therefore no one is left-handed. I am atheist, therefore you are also an atheist. If you are not an atheist, it is because you are unnatural. This is obvious, since you are the same as me, and I am an atheist. Only your evil nature could make you not be atheist, since atheism is natural. I know this the same way I know that the tooth fairy is not real. Isn't it obvious?

Have you ever studied any logic at all?

You can't go from an A is X to all A's are x. The one doesn't follow from the other. *doesn't expect Fatihah to grasp this simple rule of logic any more than he was able to grasp the quote function.*

Response: You're the one who feels it's o.k. to use a person since you condone lust like homosexuality. How would you like it if someone raped you? Yet you question a person's logic. It's like watching a dog say "I was meant to fly". You're a woman with a uterus and the ability to carry children but your naturally supposed to be with a woman? Yeah, we can clearly see who the logical one is and the moral one as well.

Trey of Diamonds

Yeah, we can clearly see who the logical one is and the moral one as well.

Yes we can, but I'm sure it is a surprise to you that most of us don't think it is you. Autodictact is one of the most logical and moral people I've ever read, even on the occasions when we disagree. But you continually insult and demand that others accept your limited view of religion as the one and only truth. Well I for one reject that idea.

Fatihah

[QUOTE Trey of Diamonds]I reject this statement. There is no evidence that it is true and a great deal that it is false.(End Quote)

Response: Your inability to refute the claim with a logical rebuttle is evidence enough.

(Quote Trey of Diamonds)
So I can be any religion I want as long as I agree to teach your version of the truth. I reject this as well.(End Quote)

Response: Those words never came from my mouth. Why are you adding words which are not there?

(Quote Trey of Diamonds)
You are trying to appear humble and peaceful while still demanding we accept your belief as the ultimate truth.(End Quote)

Response: And above you're adding meaning to my statements to suit your purpose. Yes, we can clearly see that someone is trying to appear to be humble and peaceful.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Response: You're the one who feels it's o.k. to use a person since you condone lust like homosexuality. How would you like it if someone raped you? Yet you question a person's logic. It's like watching a dog say "I was meant to fly". You're a woman with a uterus and the ability to carry children but your naturally supposed to be with a woman? Yeah, we can clearly see who the logical one is and the moral one as well.

Can someone translate this for me. I just got gibberish.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Since I last checked in, this thread has grown by a good 20+ pages. Let me see whether I can recap, rather than reading through everything.

Fatihah and Carico (and possibly others) have continued with their lies and ignorance, which included silliness like "homosexuality is only about lust" and "there's the statement, where's the proof" and "no, this is how you feel".

Meanwhile, Green Gaia, Autodidact, Father Heathen, Storm and others have refuted everything they said with logic and reason, despite the fact that the others have made it clear they don't want anything to do with reality, and that they'd rather stay in their fantasy world.

Does that about sum it up? Or did I miss something?