• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
We are of the same nature. I don't naturally attract sexually to men, so no man naturally attracts sexually to men. The same for women. Our nature does not differ from man to man, woman to woman. That's how I know. Every child is born the same. It is their own lust and influences that make them act different.

Except that some folks die when they eat peanuts and others don't die when they eat peanuts.

I could naturally grow long blonde hair, but I know some that could not.

Fatihah

That's the thing. You say that, physically, since we are basically the same, that must mean that mentally, we are the same. That logic fails, because everyone is different. Just like you may be artistic, and my best friend may not be able to draw a straight line. Or my favorite color is blue, but my friend's is red. No one is the same. Peace!

Response: I never said that we are exactly the same. I said our "nature" is the same. Being artistic has nothing to do with the nature you were born with.

Fatihah

Except that some folks die when they eat peanuts and others don't die when they eat peanuts.

I could naturally grow long blonde hair, but I know some that could not.

Response: Then let me clarify myself, I'm speaking of our emotions. Happiness, sadness, anger, love, lust, etc. We all by nature posses these emotions.

Francis

UBER-Christian
Oh, i see. So you're poiting out the difference between nature and peronality and traits? Okay, then. but still: Human nature is a BIG thing. Is it human nature to be compassionate? Peace!

Fatihah

Oh, i see. So you're poiting out the difference between nature and peronality and traits? Okay, then. but still: Human nature is a BIG thing. Is it human nature to be compassionate? Peace!

Response: Yes, it is. And here is something else you can ponder and ask a homosexual themself what it is. Every gay man knows a woman they love. Every lesbian knows a man they love. In both cases, they can find them attractive. For example, a gay man can find halle berry, beyonce, or some other woman beautiful and attractive. Likewise, a lesbian can find Brad Pitt or some other man handsome and attractive.

So a homosexual can love the opposite sex and find them attractive. But...not sexually. Now you ask them, why not? Even they can't give you a lagitimate answer. They can not pin point what it is naturally inside them emotionally that makes them do this. You don't believe me. Go and see. They don't even know.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Response: Then let me clarify myself, I'm speaking of our emotions. Happiness, sadness, anger, love, lust, etc. We all by nature posses these emotions.

I think our capacity for all these is mostly governed by association, though. In other words, there is no real way to be born with the specifics of our emotional responses, they must be learned. (Though, I tend to think it's both nurture and nature. ;))

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Response: Yes, it is. And here is something else you can ponder and ask a homosexual themself what it is. Every gay man knows a woman they love. Every lesbian knows a man they love. In both cases, they can find them attractive. For example, a gay man can find halle berry, beyonce, or some other woman beautiful and attractive. Likewise, a lesbian can find Brad Pitt or some other man handsome and attractive.

So a homosexual can love the opposite sex and find them attractive. But...not sexually. Now you ask them, why not? Even they can't give you a lagitimate answer. They can not pin point what it is naturally inside them emotionally that makes them do this. You don't believe me. Go and see. They don't even know.

I know many straight guys who love Johnny Depp, say he's hot, but aren't sexually attracted to him.

In fact, I have friends that I love dearly, find them attractive, but am not interested in sex.

I love my parents, think they are attractive, but am no way no how interested in sex with them.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Then you really shouldn't hold yourself up as such. Your statement that no men are gay because you happen to be straight was just plain stupid.