• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Oh, I get it. "Likewise," to you means, "I don't have an answer, but I'm too damned arrogant to admit it. Who cares if my response is nonsensical, I have to say something."

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Oh, I get it. "Likewise," to you means, "I don't have an answer, but I'm too damned arrogant to admit it. Who cares if my response is nonsensical, I have to say something."

I think you've cracked the code. I think you should be appointed as Fatty's interpreter for the remainder of this thread.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
[QUOTE Enlighten]So why then to put it bluntly do we see male dogs (gimme a word please someone - I already used balls today) ****somethining***** each other, and many other animals do the same? Now THEY are haven't been "exposed" to anything other than nature to "learn" to do this.(End Quote)

Response: There is no such thing as a homosexual animal, nor has anyone seen homosexual sex between two animals. The sad part is that someone here will actually lie and say that they have, which is even more unfortunate.
So all the scientists who report having observed just that are lying then? And this wiki entry is all wrong? You might want to correct it then. (Quote Enlighten)

Response: Surely you can love the same sex, but the act of sex is strictly coming from lust. Love has nothing to do with it. It's not natural. A man's penis is, by nature, supposed to go in a woman's vagina.
And you know this how?
Of course, you know this already. That's how reproduction is done.
Yes, it just doesn't follow that it's the only natural way to share physical love. If you want to have a baby, it's a great way to have sex. If not, then not.
So this is the natural way. With the absence of a man, what exactly is the natural way 2 woman have sex?
Do I have to draw you a picture?
It's unnatural. The same for two men.
And again, your definition of natural is...?

The attraction between the same sex sexually is coming from their own personal desires and when you act of your own desire, it is lust, not love. No man naturally develops the desire to have his anal injected by another man's private. You believe differently? No human being grows with a natural desire to have someone's private part in their mouth. You believe differently? Do we have to really question this? It's lust with a capital "L". I know it. You know it. Every homosexual knows it. But unfortunately, none of them (at least none here) are honest enough to say so.
Well, someone in this thread has proven himself to lie, and it's not a homosexual.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
[QUOTE Enlighten]So why then to put it bluntly do we see male dogs (gimme a word please someone - I already used balls today) ****somethining***** each other, and many other animals do the same? Now THEY are haven't been "exposed" to anything other than nature to "learn" to do this.(End Quote)
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD CAN YOU PLEASE GET IT THROUGH YOUR FAT HEAD THAT THE PROPER WAY TO END QUOTES IN THIS FORUM IS WITH [ / quote] MINUS THE SPACING? FOR GOODNESS SAKES! HOW CAN ANYONE TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD THE SAME FRIGGIN' THING REPEATEDLY AND REFUSE TO LEARN?

Fatihah is not able to master the quote function, and is too proud to admit as much, so we're demonstrating our compassion by letting it slide.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Response: It's based on the simple fact of knowing nature and your inability to prove that homosexuality is not based on lust.

Actually, the burden is on you to prove that it is. And you know that just stating it is not proving it, right? Neither is stating that you know it is. You have to actually support your assertion with some evidence or logic. Go.

Trey of Diamonds

So you can have sex through love, or lust. Sex between two men is lust.

Why do you get to decide this? Even if you think your God says so what gives you the right to force your belief onto everyone else. If we are happy to allow you to believe as you wish, why are you not happy to allow us ours? I respect all the Abrahamic religions and consider myself a nominal Christian most of the time but I do not believe that God, no matter what you name him, judges humanity the way you say he does. I'm certian that in this particular issue, I'm right and you are wrong. As long as you don't mind me believing that then I don't mind you believing whatever you wish. But if you think you can force me to accept your belief as my own, well I would fight that in every way I could.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Response: The same way you know that cheetahs don't fly and sharks don't climb trees. The same way you can say that a person who murders black people for fun does not love black people. All you have to do is understand nature. My nature is no different from yours. If I cut myself with a knife very deeply, I will bleed. Based on that, I can concluded that the same will happen to you. We are of the same nature. I don't naturally attract sexually to men, so no man naturally attracts sexually to men. The same for women. Our nature does not differ from man to man, woman to woman. That's how I know. Every child is born the same. It is their own lust and influences that make them act different.

I am right-handed, therefore no one is left-handed. I am atheist, therefore you are also an atheist. If you are not an atheist, it is because you are unnatural. This is obvious, since you are the same as me, and I am an atheist. Only your evil nature could make you not be atheist, since atheism is natural. I know this the same way I know that the tooth fairy is not real. Isn't it obvious?

Have you ever studied any logic at all?

You can't go from an A is X to all A's are x. The one doesn't follow from the other. *doesn't expect Fatihah to grasp this simple rule of logic any more than he was able to grasp the quote function.*

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Response: Yes, it is. And here is something else you can ponder and ask a homosexual themself what it is. Every gay man knows a woman they love. Every lesbian knows a man they love. In both cases, they can find them attractive. For example, a gay man can find halle berry, beyonce, or some other woman beautiful and attractive. Likewise, a lesbian can find Brad Pitt or some other man handsome and attractive.
Here's a wild idea: let's ask the several lesbians in the thread whether they find Brad Pitt attractive.

So a homosexual can love the opposite sex and find them attractive. But...not sexually. Now you ask them, why not? Even they can't give you a lagitimate answer. They can not pin point what it is naturally inside them emotionally that makes them do this. You don't believe me. Go and see. They don't even know.
Because it's not in our nature. Kind of like why you don't like the idea of having sex with Brad Pitt. What is it inside you emotionally that makes you do this? You don't even know.

Fatihah

[QUOTE Trey of Diamonds]Why do you get to decide this?(End Quote)

Response: I don't decide. Nature has already made the decision for us.

(Quote Trey of Diamonds)
Even if you think your God says so what gives you the right to force your belief onto everyone else. If we are happy to allow you to believe as you wish, why are you not happy to allow us ours? (End Quote)

Response: I do. Words can't force anything.

(Quote Trey of Diamonds)
I respect all the Abrahamic religions and consider myself a nominal Christian most of the time but I do not believe that God, no matter what you name him, judges humanity the way you say he does. I'm certian that in this particular issue, I'm right and you are wrong. As long as you don't mind me believing that then I don't mind you believing whatever you wish. But if you think you can force me to accept your belief as my own, well I would fight that in every way I could.(End Quote)

Response: And again, words can't force anything. But no matter what religion you claim, one should still teach the difference between right and wrong and homosexuality is definately wrong and is a sin.