1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Is it true?

Discussion in 'Science and Religion' started by paarsurrey, Mar 14, 2019.

1. paarsurrey

paarsurrey Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,724
    Thanks and regards.

Anybody from the Bahaism people, please. Kindly quote from Bahaullah not from any compilation done in his name, please.

Regards

2. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Ocean Immersion
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Great, can not remember reading that one.

It may be then the ability of communication and comprehension begins at vegetable level?

So much to learn ;)

Regards Tony

3. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Is there any error in the Quran?

Regards Tony

4. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    ".. The learned men, that have fixed at several thousand years the life of this earth, have failed, throughout the long period of their observation, to consider either the number or the age of the other planets. Consider, moreover, the manifold divergencies that have resulted from the theories propounded by these men. Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute...."

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 158-163

Regards Tony

5. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,724
    Thanks and regards.
    But "Gleanings" is a compilation said to be from the writings of Bahaullah, and it is also said that the compiler had forgotten as to which tablet/book of Bahaullah he took the excerpts.
    Hence ,instead of Gleanings the name of original book written by Bahaullah for reference is ,therefore, requested, please.
    Anybody from the Bahaism people please.

Regards

6. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    A strong faith is built upon a rock foundation, by a just and thorough search.

Once one determines that Baha'u'llah is as he has claimed. Then Baha'u'llah speaks for God, as Muhammad did in the Quran.

It is equivelent of Parrsurrey rejecting any verse from the Quran. To which he would and should not.

Vinayaka, we know does not accept Infalability or Messengers from God.

Regards Tony

7. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    All these were translated by Shoghi Effendi, thus all quotes are from Baha'u'llah.

Regards Tony

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,724
    The members please note that Kitab-i-Aqdas or "The Most Holy Book" is not revealed on him by G-d, but written by Bahaullah himself.
    The same is the case of the Kitab-i-Iqan. It is written by Bahaullah, not revealed on him from/by G-d.
    Right, please?

Regards

9. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Thus I ask again for the 3rd time, to which you have not answered.

Is the Quran the Infallible Word from God?

Regards Tony

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,724
    Sorry, the above references are inappropriate.
    Kindly quote the original tablet/book written by Bahaullah revealed on him by G-d, not written by Bahaullah himself or any person later, please.

Regards

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,724
    Agreed.
    Bahaism people have a right to believe in anything whatsoever on blind-faith, and I have no objection to it.
    All my endeavor is to find truth in other world-views, if any, irrespective of that I am already treading on the truthful path.

Regards

12. paarsurrey

Ratings:
    +1,724
    I am reading Kitab-i-Iqan, it is my second reading of it. I am reading it in English and Arabic side by side. The first reading was only in Arabic. Where I find something I should discuss with others, I do it. Is it wrong, please?

Regard

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,307
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    This is just belief, Paar. People all have the right to believe whatever they believe. In this particular case, the Baha'i believe it was from God, while all non-Baha'i believe it isn't. Your faith has beliefs that are unique to your faith, and non-Ammadiyas don't believe it. There is nothing right nor wrong about belief. It's just belief. There is nothing right nor wrong about a favorite colour. It might be orange, blue, or green.

Believing something is true does not make it true.

14. InvestigateTruth

InvestigateTruth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,325
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Bahais investigated the claims of Bahaullah, and decided He is Manifestation of God as He says. This is the reason, they trust Him. I can understand why, you, and @paarsurrey have problems with some of the things Bahaullah wrote, such as the possibility of converting copper to gold. This is because you do not believe that Bahaullah is the Manifestation of God. But, if He is indeed Manifestation of God, can we still say, He is making mistakes? We are not disproving Bahaullah by saying copper cannot be changed to gold. Theoretically science agrees with this. There is no scientist that can prove it is impossible. If we find a statement in a religion, which contradicts with reason and the proven science, then that is not from God. However, sometimes, a prophet is speaking figuratively, or symbolically, which if it is taken literally, one may think, He is making mistakes, but that is due to incorrect interpretations. I hope that helps you understand the Bahai POV.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,307
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu

Just in the copper thing ... what he said was that if is left untouched, in a pure state it would change to gold, on it's own. Of course any scientist could set that up, contain it for 70 years. So why aren't scientists trying this? I know that if I believed it, I'g get a bunch of copper, and leave it to charity, to be opened in 70 years, and cashed in as gold. Why not?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looncall

Looncall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +726
    Any scientifically literate person would easily recognize that process would not occur.

People who push this guff just display their ignorance.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The point is your stance is ludicrous.

The Quran is the recorded Word of God revealed by Muhammad, but he could.not write, thus it was written by others.

Still you will see no error in the Quran, and rightly so.

Baha'u'llah penned most of what God revealed to Him, the remainder was written as He gave Revelation and then checked, signed and sealed by Him.

Thus more verifiable than the Quran.

So copious was this Revelation from God, that both the Bab and Baha'u'llah revealed verses equivalent to the size of the Quran, in just two days and not 20 plus years.

Regards Tony

18. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,307
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    Well, yes, that is my point.

19. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,004
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The quote to consider is; "...Were it to be protected in its own mine from becoming solidified..."

Thus you have to keep copper molten for 70 years. That would take some power, would it not?

It is said there is an elixer that can bypass this time process.

The future may know, we do not. :) I say given the state of the unity of humanity, thank God for that.

Regards Tony

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,307
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    It would be very simple to do, actually, as you wouldn't need a large amount. Isn't there a university in Brisbane you could write to to have them set this up, so the Baha'i would be proven right, once and for all?

• Like Like x 2