• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible ?

chinu

chinu
Is it possible, Enlightened person to be present here on this forum between us ? why, or why not ? :)

Curious George

Veteran Member
Sure: nothing would preclude an enlightened individual from being present so it is possible. The better question might be what would an enlightened person do on RF?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
One with God, or God-man etc. :)

Not by that definition.

Enlightment as I understand it, however, is in fact a common if fleeting occurrence. Statistically, we can't help but have had a few often-enlightened posters and quite a few enlightened posts.

The trick is in being wise - in effect, enlightened - to tell which ones are and in making good use of such (an often neglected yet crucial care to take). Enlightened people are useless if there is no resonance.

I don't see any reason why an "inlightened" person would have for staying away from a religious forum. Unless he/she just wants to spend more time in his inlightenment practices, because to become inlightened one would have to practice and the practice takes time, and that means time away from the forum. But, being on the forum itself i can't find no reason why that would be bad to an inlightened person. If anything it would be good, they could share their thoughts and experience and knowledge. That would help others, something an inlightened person would want to do anyhow.

chinu

chinu
Not by that definition.

Enlightment as I understand it, however, is in fact a common if fleeting occurrence. Statistically, we can't help but have had a few often-enlightened posters and quite a few enlightened posts.

The trick is in being wise - in effect, enlightened - to tell which ones are and in making good use of such (an often neglected yet crucial care to take). Enlightened people are useless if there is no resonance.
Ok, than what do you understand people like Jesus, Buddha etc.. ?

chinu

chinu
I don't see any reason why an "inlightened" person would have for staying away from a religious forum. Unless he/she just wants to spend more time in his inlightenment practices, because to become inlightened one would have to practice and the practice takes time, and that means time away from the forum. But, being on the forum itself i can't find no reason why that would be bad to an inlightened person. If anything it would be good, they could share their thoughts and experience and knowledge. That would help others, something an inlightened person would want to do anyhow.
But am talking about.. Enlightened, rather Inlightened one. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Ok, than what do you understand people like Jesus, Buddha etc.. ?

I'm not sure that Jesus and even Buddha existed as such.

In any case, they would be simply people with a particularly stable religious wisdom. Their main goal was to show the way, inspiring and helping others in raising and keeping their own enlightment.

chinu

chinu

In any case, they would be simply people with a particularly stable religious wisdom. Their main goal was to show the way, inspiring and helping others in raising and keeping their own enlightment.
Ah! I think if i'll carry on the discussion it will again end on saying "I don't believe that God exist"

Well, I think its my fault that I should have written in the OP that this thread is only for the people who believe in the existence of God, and consider these enlightened people as equal to God.

Anyways, its really tough job to have debate with you, Luis. :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
LuisDantes said:

...and to not be here with us, even though we think things would be better if they were still around. Their absence is their final lesson.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Ah! I think if i'll carry on the discussion it will again end on saying "I don't believe that God exist"

:)

What do you mean by "ending" anyway? They don't come much more atheistic than me, you know.

Well, I think its my fault that I should have written in the OP that this thread is only for the people who believe in the existence of God, and consider these enlightened people as equal to God.

If that is what you wanted, maybe you should. Although I must insist in that such is an unusual demand for a concept of enlightment.

Anyways, its really tough job to have debate with you, Luis. :)

I guess it is. I'm sort of stubborn.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
"Well-enlightened"
Wow! the very new word I got today :D

BTW, what is the difference between Enlightened and Well-Enlightened ? luis :)

It is shorthand for someone who is wise and consistently enlightened and does not lose his mind easily, if at all.

Everyone is enlightened at least a few brief moments at a time.

chinu

chinu
It is shorthand for someone who is wise and consistently enlightened and does not lose his mind easily, if at all.

Everyone is enlightened at least a few brief moments at a time.
Mind or patience ? :)

Anyways, as now I think we both are quit off-topic, So its useless to carry on the debate :D:D:D.

Please luis, please _/\_ :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Is it possible, Enlightened person to be present here on this forum between us ? why, or why not ? :)
You, betcha, hon. Though, to be honest, I tend to shy away from the term nowadays due to peoples warped views of what Enlightenment is.

One with God, or God-man etc. :)
The real question is if such an individual would match your expectations or not. I'm thinking that in 99.9999% of cases said person would not match human animal's expectations. It's not like your average human animal is an expert judge of such matter, lol. :cool:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

That's a funny question, Chinu! I'm sure this Forum has attracted imposters, but has it attracted actually enlightened people? This Forum? Well, I suppose it might attract an enlightened person who was not too bright. A sort of enlightened moron, if you will, might find the Forum interesting enough to linger here. But what do you think, Chinu?