• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Hamas Being Delusional?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Cool, Brickj, but I guess I have to believe there are some moderate Christian Zionists, at least I hope so !
You don't need to worry too much, Avi1001. Extremists are a misspent resource. They're like that 60% of heat lost by an engine that everybody just accepts as a given.

Smart Guy said:
"whose hand in water is not like whose hand in fire"
That is a good quote. I like clever quotes such as that one. Does this translate? : "Whose hand is attached to an old man is not like whose hand is attached to a young man."

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
That is a good quote. I like clever quotes such as that one. Does this translate? : "Whose hand is attached to an old man is not like whose hand is attached to a young man."

Hmm, does the one you provided mean that who lives in comfort and peace can't (fully or really) understand how those living in actual difficulties really feel? If it does, then yes, it can be translated like that.

There are many proverbs in Arabic like that :)

CMike

Actually just like Islamic woman, they are taught by their group that they must comply to be godly.

They are held, by being afraid of being kicked out, and having no family or friends to turn to for survival.

Patriarchal religions are prisons for women.

And it is appalling the ancient misogynistic crap they make women do.

Treating women as if a man coming in contact with her when she is menstruating is going to make him die on the spot. Having to shave her head!

I would laugh if it wasn't so sad for the women whom by chance are born into, and thus indoctrinated into, these religions.

There is no comparison.

If an Islamic woman goes out without a chaperone or drives in Saudi Arabia she can be legally arrested, flogged, beaten, etc.

Also, in many arab countries it's legal to beat your wife.

If a woman doesn't want to be chassidic she doesn't have to. It's a free country.

However, many chassidic women are very happy being chassidic and want to be.

It's called freedom of religion.

Just because you don't understand it, and don't wish to try and understand it, doesn't mean that women don't want to do it.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
There is no comparison.

If an Islamic woman goes out without a chaperone or drives in Saudi Arabia she can be legally arrested, flogged, beaten, etc.

If a woman doesn't want to be chassidic she doesn't have to. It's a free country.

Just because you don't understand it, and don't wish to try and understand it, doesn't mean that women don't want to do it.

I am well aware of the differences, however both are under archaic patriarchal laws that demean women.

Looncall

Dunno man, but since they are Palestinians and not just Hamas, I think I can't blame them. I'm not saying what they are doing is right and I'm in its favor, I'm only saying I can't blame them and the reason is as I type below.

Those people had their homes stolen, children killed, their lives under siege, denied so many pleasures, etc. in the last half century and probably are still having it now.

We here are typing things about them from behind our monitors somewhere else far from what they face, sitting on our comfortable chairs, going where ever we want when ever we want... I don't think we are in position to criticize what they, as civilians, do or say.

We have a saying here that roughly translates to: "whose hand in water is not like whose hand in fire". The former in that translated proverb does not know how the latter feel, been through or the position they are in.

They are harmless civilians. Just let them do what ever they want. It won't hurt us or change a thing. Poor people.

Celebration? The can't even enjoy their annual celebrations like we do. They probably wanted to come up with something to kill their time. To enjoy things they never had the chance to in a piece of mind in the last half century.

How can they possibly achieve this while rockets are being shot into Israel? There is unlikely to be peace while Hamas is dedicated to violence.

If the Palestinians became peaceful, why would their neighbour bother them?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How can they possibly achieve this while rockets are being shot into Israel? There is unlikely to be peace while Hamas is dedicated to violence.

Do you agree that Canada should be a peaceful country and all weapons to be destroyed in Canada.

Israel wants Palestinians to be armless and to live under the mercy of Israel and hence Hamas declared resistance and to fight Israel till the freedom of whole Palestine.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Wait, first you say Hamas then you say Palestinians. Just to clarify something that will even clarify my point further; Hamas is Palestinian but Palestinians are not all Hamas.

The thread was named after Palestinians but now it is changed. I think the OP still mentions Palestinians tho.

I re-emphasize one of my points: we are not in their shoes to know how they really feel or live. If we're on the same boat as they are, I dunno what we would be doing instead.

Looncall

Do you agree that Canada should be a peaceful country and all weapons to be destroyed in Canada.

Israel wants Palestinians to be armless and to live under the mercy of Israel and hence Hamas declared resistance and to fight Israel till the freedom of whole Palestine.

Since Israel has a far superior military, Palestinians will always live under the mercy of Israel and their resistance will be futile. These are just plain facts.

However, if the Palestinians were willing to be good neighbours, that would not matter, and a comfortable peace could be achieved. If, as is officially the case with Hamas, they are not willing to be good neighbours, they will always live in the misery they are bringing upon themselves.

CMike

Originally Posted by CMike
There is no comparison.

I am well aware of the differences, however both are under archaic patriarchal laws that demean women.*

Once again not only do you show a lack of understanding of Judaism, but also an unwillingness to even learn about it.

As I stated the main difference is that in most arab countries women don't have a choice about keeping sharia law. If they don't keep it they can be arrested, beaten, or even executed.

In judaism chassidic women have a choice what they want to. Even in your attack judaism article, the woman decided to not keep the lifestyle and she didn't. Nobody beat her for it.

Chassidic men dress very modestly as well.

I go to a small chabad synagogue that has many chassidic women.

They are anything but timid. In fact, jewish women in general are hardly timid.

There are numerous lawyers among the women. I know two whom are divorce lawyers whom are friends of mine.

There are also several doctors.

They want to keept this lifestyle. They don't need your approval. You see here in the US we have something called freedom of religion.

It's not our fault you refuse to understand.

CMike

Since Israel has a far superior military, Palestinians will always live under the mercy of Israel and their resistance will be futile. These are just plain facts.

However, if the Palestinians were willing to be good neighbours, that would not matter, and a comfortable peace could be achieved. If, as is officially the case with Hamas, they are not willing to be good neighbours, they will always live in the misery they are bringing upon themselves.
As Netanyahu stated...

If Israel laid down all it's arms, Israel would be annihilated.

If the arabs laid down all their arms there would be peace.

The problem is that the arabs want the jews DEAD. Therefore, there is no one to negotiate with when only one side wants peace.

CMike

I'm glad you admitted it. They want to keep all the jews and wipe out Israel.

Also there is no such thing as "palestine". There never was an independent muslim palestinian state. In fact, the closest one would be jordan.

Looncall

Wait, first you say Hamas then you say Palestinians. Just to clarify something that will even clarify my point further; Hamas is Palestinian but Palestinians are not all Hamas.

The thread was named after Palestinians but now it is changed. I think the OP still mentions Palestinians tho.

I re-emphasize one of my points: we are not in their shoes to know how they really feel or live. If we're on the same boat as they are, I dunno what we would be doing instead.

Palestinians are experiencing misery because Hamas is not willing to work toward peace with Israel. That is a brute fact, regardless of how anyone feels about it.

What amazes me is that the general population seems to support that utterly futile violent resistance. If we were in the same boat as they are, I hope we would proceed more rationally.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
However, if the Palestinians were willing to be good neighbours, that would not matter, and a comfortable peace could be achieved.
And if only those uppity colored folks would stop causing trouble the plantation would be such a comfortable place. :yes:

CMike

Some folks are afraid to even face simple matters of historical matter of fact. In this case surprisingly a Jew, that should know that the name of the land is Israel.
Pete excellent posts.
:clap

It's also important to not that when the Hamas government was shooting rockets at Israeli populated cities, they were also shooting at muslims and christians whom also live there.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It's greatly disturbing what the radical islamists are doing to christians.
Not to worry, because the Christians go to heaven when they die. It could be worse. At least they aren't Jewish, right?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

That is silly and can be only the opinion of a coward.

Now USA is much stronger than Canada, does that mean that Canada should live under the mercy of USA if in a case that the US asked Canada to be an armless country.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Originally Posted by CMike
There is no comparison.

It seems that you are ignorant about Judaism and stoning humans in a barbarian way,not to mention about the Talmud and the gentiles

Once again not only do you show a lack of understanding of Judaism, but also an unwillingness to even learn about it.

As I stated the main difference is that in most arab countries women don't have a choice about keeping sharia law. If they don't keep it they can be arrested, beaten, or even executed.

In judaism chassidic women have a choice what they want to. Even in your attack judaism article, the woman decided to not keep the lifestyle and she didn't. Nobody beat her for it.

Chassidic men dress very modestly as well.

I go to a small chabad synagogue that has many chassidic women.

They are anything but timid. In fact, jewish women in general are hardly timid.

There are numerous lawyers among the women. I know two whom are divorce lawyers whom are friends of mine.

There are also several doctors.

They want to keept this lifestyle. They don't need your approval. You see here in the US we have something called freedom of religion.

It's not our fault you refuse to understand.

Israel is using Judaism as an excuse to stay in Palestine but in reality there is no relation whatsoever between Judaism and Israel as a Jew state,it is just a lie.

[youtube]yBFReHMW4bs[/youtube]
Tel Aviv - A Lost City? - YouTube