• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is god material?

Science Vs Religion which one is the greater?

• Total voters

Yusef

Hi 2 all followers of science, Theists and Atheists.
Well,
I want to show you that 3 or 4 concepts of the most important concepts of religious debaters we can prove by today's science!
Then the reader tells himself that what the fool i was!

Shi'a-Hadiths
"Duty of the believers is running toward scientists, and duty of the scientists is sharing their own knowledge"

Well,
First of all the concept:

Is god like man!?
I searched in the google and found every nonsense from famous priests of End Time whom the Prophet(S.A.W.A.A) said: "in AkhiruzZaman[End Times] the world sees dirtiest priests..."

They haven't quoted the Hadiths! But told many nonsense from themselves and i couldn't find the same Hadith to copy/paste here :l

See again:
Genesis 1:27 "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them"

Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W.A.A) in reaction of one who insulted one and was told: May God make your face ugly... said : "Don't insult the face that God Has Made it like His Own face!"

Well,
A group of sunni/muslims say: it's the reason for know material god!!

many groups of dirty priests of shia and sunni muslims both say their own nonsense

Shi'a Hadith
Imam 6th, Ja'far As-Sadeq(pbuh) said: "...it's like when one says: *the house of God[Ka'bah] or the friend of God[Abraham] or the spirit of God[Jesus]...."
eusa_angel.gif

According to the proverb: anything is difficult before it be easy
icon_smile.gif

Well,
Now i realized what meaning it has was had!! Haha

Imagine owner of company of the Ford commands many types/models of cars, and chooses the model F650 for himself among all models, and say it's mine. then Japan or Germany ask him to import.. Then the owner says: i will export 200,000 cars to you like myself! It doesn't prove that the F650 is like the owner with hands, feet, eyes, dress!! But it means like owner's car!
icon_smile.gif

IT WAS THAT ALL

Do you have any opposite saying!?
Bring!

exchemist

Veteran Member
Well,
I want to show you that 3 or 4 concepts of the most important concepts of religious debaters we can prove by today's science!
Then the reader tells himself that what the fool i was!

Shi'a-Hadiths
"Duty of the believers is running toward scientists, and duty of the scientists is sharing their own knowledge"

Well,
First of all the concept:

Is god like man!?
I searched in the google and found every nonsense from famous priests of End Time whom the Prophet(S.A.W.A.A) said: "in AkhiruzZaman[End Times] the world sees dirtiest priests..."

They haven't quoted the Hadiths! But told many nonsense from themselves and i couldn't find the same Hadith to copy/paste here :l

See again:
Genesis 1:27 "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them"

Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W.A.A) in reaction of one who insulted one and was told: May God make your face ugly... said : "Don't insult the face that God Has Made it like His Own face!"

Well,
A group of sunni/muslims say: it's the reason for know material god!!

many groups of dirty priests of shia and sunni muslims both say their own nonsense

Shi'a Hadith
Imam 6th, Ja'far As-Sadeq(pbuh) said: "...it's like when one says: *the house of God[Ka'bah] or the friend of God[Abraham] or the spirit of God[Jesus]...."
eusa_angel.gif

According to the proverb: anything is difficult before it be easy
icon_smile.gif

Well,
Now i realized what meaning it has was had!! Haha

Imagine owner of company of the Ford commands many types/models of cars, and chooses the model F650 for himself among all models, and say it's mine. then Japan or Germany ask him to import.. Then the owner says: i will export 200,000 cars to you like myself! It doesn't prove that the F650 is like the owner with hands, feet, eyes, dress!! But it means like owner's car!
icon_smile.gif

IT WAS THAT ALL
Bring!
This is unintelligible. Do you want to try again? I realise English is not your first language.

King Phenomenon

I don't believe religion and science are in conflict; they're not trying to do the same thing.

I assume this thread also has something to do with the Salafist belief in All-h having body parts?
There's similar when it comes to understanding the origin of life but yeah I don't see a conflict either.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@Yusef -

I see by your tag line that you, in essence, dare people to try to convert you. Here’s the thing - That’s against the rules of the forum. Proselytizing is forbidden. No one is permitted to try to convert you. You are not permitted to try to get someone to convert to Islam.

Welcome to the forum.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I voted 'Religion' because science can tell us nothing important that we want to know about life and living.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I voted 'Religion' because science can tell us nothing important that we want to know about life and living.
Really? You mean unimportant things like how not to die of cancer, or how to keep your children fed i times of famine?

Yeah, you must be right, if you've seen the proof positive that prayer accomplishes those things. I, poor wretch that I am, have not seen that evidence. In fact, starving people and cancer victims are praying -- and dying -- right now, all over the world.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well,
OK. I'm interested. Go ahead.

My first impression, though, is that the question can't be answered till you clarify what you mean by "greater."
IT WAS THAT ALL.
Bring!
What do sayings have to do with your original question?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Science is greater at doing science than religion is. Religion is greater at doing religion than science is. Problem solved.

Next?
Non overlapping magesteria, eh? Non-overlapping magisteria - Wikipedia
Speak for yourself, G-a. My values are my own, and need no religious undergirding. My 'life and living', though, are mostly a product of science and technology.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Really? You mean unimportant things like how not to die of cancer, or how to keep your children fed i times of famine?

Yeah, you must be right, if you've seen the proof positive that prayer accomplishes those things. I, poor wretch that I am, have not seen that evidence. In fact, starving people and cancer victims are praying -- and dying -- right now, all over the world.
Your inner peace and mental health are the most important things and that is what religion should provide.

Science is indeed great but not as important as religion.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Speak for yourself, G-a. My values are my own, and need no religious undergirding. My 'life and living', though, are mostly a product of science and technology.
I was using religion/spirituality in its broader sense and not necessarily formal religion. Your values are part of your spirituality.

Great material living is a burden without peace and happiness.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was using religion/spirituality in its broader sense and not necessarily formal religion. Your values are part of your spirituality.

Great material living is a burden without peace and happiness.
Some would say great material living confers peace and happiness.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Your inner peace and mental health are the most important things and that is what religion should provide.

Science is indeed great but not as important as religion.
I think that is utterly glib rubbish! When there's a kid on a tricycle in the street, and an out-of-control car is barrelling down on her, my "inner peace and mental health" are ludicrously unimportant and useless in the moment.

Hauling out my rosary and rolling a few beads through my fingers is going to do nothing to not make that kid dead.

In my kitchen, I wash my vegetables, I cook food so that it's safe -- I do it all without one seconds thought about my "inner peace and mental health." I do it so that me and mine don't wind up with food poisoning.

Do you ever come out of your religious reverie and actually live for a minute or two, out where the world exists, and doens't care diddly about your "inner peace?"

George-ananda

Premium Member
I think that is utterly glib rubbish! When there's a kid on a tricycle in the street, and an out-of-control car is barrelling down on her, my "inner peace and mental health" are ludicrously unimportant and useless in the moment.

Hauling out my rosary and rolling a few beads through my fingers is going to do nothing to not make that kid dead.

In my kitchen, I wash my vegetables, I cook food so that it's safe -- I do it all without one seconds thought about my "inner peace and mental health." I do it so that me and mine don't wind up with food poisoning.

Do you ever come out of your religious reverie and actually live for a minute or two, out where the world exists, and doens't care diddly about your "inner peace?"
Uhh, taking care of normal material matters is part of the spiritual path.

Not finding your point.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well, I and the Dharmic religions say 'detachment' from the material and everchanging confers peace and happiness.
But what joy is there in peace and happiness that is "detached" from the material and everchanging -- you know, things like your family, friends, loved ones?

Does a wife or child really want a husband or father who is so detached, I wonder, no matter how peaceful and happy he is... :rolleyes: