• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a Woman?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Please define "Crazy Woman" for us.

Is this what you mean?
crazy_woman.bmp

You're sure thats a woman?

Draka

Wonder Woman
A person has both a mother and father. Mary was the mother of Jesus and God was His Father. Can I make it any simpler for you?

Why must you define god by physical requirements? Unless you are advocating an actual physical god with DNA then your argument doesn't work. Can I make it any simpler for you? :rolleyes:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
According to George Carlin . . .

"If there is a God, it has to be a man. No woman could or would ever **** things up like this."

But honestly, I don't really believe in one almighty specific personification of the latent, Divine energy, so I can't really say whether it's a man or woman.

But for the sake of argument, the Bible was written by men, and women were of little to no importance aside from the Virgin Mary. It's incredibly biased against women, so likely, the men who wrote it made God male.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I think any anthropomorphic implications made about a concept such as God are highly questionable.
I believe its important to get a grasp beyond one's personal dogma, even it means that one will have to place their father-figure in a wider cultural and historical context, one might discover ancient times in which fertility Goddesses reigned supreme in the Ancient Near East, and that the change to war Gods was brought as a result of competition between the city states over the resources of Southern Mesopotamia.

Last edited:

Bishadi

According to George Carlin . . .

"If there is a God, it has to be a man. No woman could or would ever **** things up like this."

But honestly, I don't really believe in one almighty specific personification of the latent, Divine energy, so I can't really say whether it's a man or woman.

But for the sake of argument, the Bible was written by men, and women were of little to no importance aside from the Virgin Mary. It's incredibly biased against women, so likely, the men who wrote it made God male.

cheers to honest an assessment :bow:

Draka

Wonder Woman
It's really simple. I've already explained this. God's is a masculine role.

So, as you want to assign roles to gender and vice versa...why don't you enlighten us as to what a feminine "role" is? And while you're at it, why don't you explain how god doesn't fit that "role" as well? :sarcastic

The Divine has NO GENDER. Aspects of the Divine which are represented to us as following certain "roles" appear to us as "gods" perhaps. But the entire Entity of Divine has no gender.

If you want to maintain that your idea of god has a gender, then I hope you are willing to admit that that gender is assigned via mankind to one of many gods.

gnostic

The Lost One
If a god is both male and female, then the god is not genderless.

I think the proper word for it, would be that god is an androgynous being; or simply an androgyne.

lockyfan

man was created in God's image.

therefore God is a male.

Also the fact that our saviour was male and the head of a woman is the male.

God is a male.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Archie Bunker said it best. "God made man in His own image. He made woman after, from a rib, a cheaper cut."

That is, of course, referring to the Abrahamic God."

lockyfan

Archie Bunker said it best. "God made man in His own image. He made woman after, from a rib, a cheaper cut."

That is, of course, referring to the Abrahamic God."

That is the same God as the rest of the bible.

May not be your God, but hte same God as the rest of the bible., Jehovah

capslockf9

The physical organism is a transitional phase of the process. At a certain state in this process the molecules come into a proper portions for an instant and we jump out and say look "I" here. Many of us say I am the body but of course we are not. that human organism thing will dissapate and return back into the process. But for that single instant "we" manifest through the thing and think we are the thing that will soon return back to its fundumentals.

IF god made us in his image then he is a process?