• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is feminism still needed in the U.S.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This is precisely well ONE of the reasons they get um YOUNG.The average age of entry into prostitution is THIRTEEN years old. Are you really going to call them "idiots"? And say they deserve what they get ? I'm not.

Good point.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
This is precisely well ONE of the reasons they get um YOUNG.The average age of entry into prostitution is THIRTEEN years old. Are you really going to call them "idiots"? And say they deserve what they get ? I'm not.

Thirteen is old enough to know better unless you're an idiot, so I stand by my statement.

Alceste

Vagabond

They also target girls who are already abused or neglected, since they'll be pretty slow picking up on the fact that their new boyfriend is not normal or healthy, and they'll be extra keen to run away with him.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Thirteen is old enough to know better unless you're an idiot, so I stand by my statement.

You need to look up the term "grooming' .They are eased into this gradually.13 year olds can be easily influenced /manipulated/brainwashed.they don't even identify him as a pimp as a matter of fact but her "boyfriend".Its stockholm syndrome.

And yeah in comparison to some one older? 13 yo's ARE idiots.That's how they are so easily TRICKED. They are sitting DUCKS.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
They also target girls who are already abused or neglected, since they'll be pretty slow picking up on the fact that their new boyfriend is not normal or healthy, and they'll be extra keen to run away with him.

Right.Hes "rescuing her" .

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I used to frequent a coffee shop here in town that had a diverse clientele -- everyone from homeless people to the mayor of the city. A lot of youth frequented the place too, since it was just a block from the city's largest high school. At any rate, there was a creepy old guy -- in his 50s -- who made a practice of seducing teenage girls.

He went so far as to print up some business cards for himself. I forget the exact title he gave himself, but I recall it implied he was a talent agent for the movie industry. He would tell the girls he could get them jobs in modeling, film, and theater.

I can imagine when you're a young person looking for a way forward in life, that can be very appealing.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Perhaps not an idiot. Naive, maybe. Disenfranchised. Likely without much or any support at home or school. Perhaps dropped out and discontinued education due to family issues to which she has no control over.

It's what happened to a friend of mine. Straight A student. But mother left father, took daughter with her and away from her school and friends, moved in with an abusive man, who raped her mother repeatedly, and then stabbed her father to death in front of her when she wasn't even in middle school yet. Out of fear for her life since her father's murderer threatened her too, she fled and lived under a bridge in as much anonymity as possible. Wound up prostituting herself at first at 12, but she had no experience negotiating for compensation, so she was referred to a local pimp who sold her out but exploited her for his personal gain. The stories are horrific, and by that time, she was 14 and was still homeless and felt anonymity was her best protection from a murderous stepfather. She was forced to perform fellatio at gunpoint. A few of the johns were only interested in anally penetrating her, in spite of how it injured her. So she was raped numerous times by a few johns. She was held hostage by her pimp for 6 weeks and tortured with precision cutting near her nipples and genitalia to keep her in line. When she finally discovered that her stepfather was incarcerated, she felt safer and reported to a shelter, found herself in the foster care system, and was adopted to a loving family at 15.

This also wasn't in major metropolitan areas, either. Small town midwest U.S.A.

Me Myself

Back to my username

How are they supposed to know any better? Because e news say prostitution is bad? News say a lot of completely idiotic things all the time.

By what you people post here, US news might actually be worst than Ecuadorian ones.

You are practically expecting them to make a good guess and pretending they have all the information on the subject that you wish they could have so you can say its her fault.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well we also have to remember. 13 yo's are not even deemed by LAW to have enough sense to even consent to sex period.So how can we expect them to have enough sense to understand they are being TARGETED by a pimp for prostitution ? They are in fact technically being raped in most states up til they are 17 if its sex with a legal adult.

If I had sex with a 13 year old and got caught I would be charged with a felony and go to prison.There is a REASON for that.And its not because the child knows better but is an idiot and deserves to be taken advantage of.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well we also have to remember. 13 yo's are not even deemed by LAW to have enough sense to even consent to sex period.

Thats irrelevant. That law is wrong.

People can know enough about what sex entails to give consent at that age, and they can ignore enough to not give informed consent at 18 depending on who are we talking about specifically.

I find the idea that I wasnt able to consent to sex at my 13 to be very naive.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I used to frequent a coffee shop here in town that had a diverse clientele -- everyone from homeless people to the mayor of the city. A lot of youth frequented the place too, since it was just a block from the city's largest high school. At any rate, there was a creepy old guy -- in his 50s -- who made a practice of seducing teenage girls.

He went so far as to print up some business cards for himself. I forget the exact title he gave himself, but I recall it implied he was a talent agent for the movie industry. He would tell the girls he could get them jobs in modeling, film, and theater.

I can imagine when you're a young person looking for a way forward in life, that can be very appealing.

Its not just appealing but most teenagers don't have the same level of cynisism as an older person.They haven't absorbed yet the idea that if it sounds too good to be true.....they also may not yet be grounded in reality as to their talents.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Thats irrelevant. That law is wrong.

People can know enough about what sex entails to give consent at that age, and they can ignore enough to not give informed consent at 18 depending on who are we talking about specifically.

I find the idea that I wasnt able to consent to sex at my 13 to be very naive.

We are going to just have to agree to disagree.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Perhaps not an idiot. Naive, maybe. Disenfranchised. Likely without much or any support at home or school. Perhaps dropped out and discontinued education due to family issues to which she has no control over.

It's what happened to a friend of mine. Straight A student. But mother left father, took daughter with her and away from her school and friends, moved in with an abusive man, who raped her mother repeatedly, and then stabbed her father to death in front of her when she wasn't even in middle school yet. Out of fear for her life since her father's murderer threatened her too, she fled and lived under a bridge in as much anonymity as possible. Wound up prostituting herself at first at 12, but she had no experience negotiating for compensation, so she was referred to a local pimp who sold her out but exploited her for his personal gain. The stories are horrific, and by that time, she was 14 and was still homeless and felt anonymity was her best protection from a murderous stepfather. She was forced to perform fellatio at gunpoint. A few of the johns were only interested in anally penetrating her, in spite of how it injured her. So she was raped numerous times by a few johns. She was held hostage by her pimp for 6 weeks and tortured with precision cutting near her nipples and genitalia to keep her in line. When she finally discovered that her stepfather was incarcerated, she felt safer and reported to a shelter, found herself in the foster care system, and was adopted to a loving family at 15.

This also wasn't in major metropolitan areas, either. Small town midwest U.S.A.

Many of them like her end up "living" at truck stops.They have a special name.Cant remember exactly but the word lizard is involved.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well at least it is a topic that is an example why feminism is still needed.And of course humanism.But the vast majority of the victims are female. Perps and pimps mostly male.And this is global.Talk about women needing men's help.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Anti sexism is as needed as anti racism.

Well, I am not sure which is more needed, but they are both obviously needed.

A lot.