• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is calling God’s curse on people all the time really healthy?

Terry Sampson

I visit an extreme Christian forum where it's very easy for a Deist to be cursed to the fires of eternal damnation, and the mods think that's reasonable there. On one occasion I replied to such a comment by calling that member 'sweetheart' and got mod-warned for using an inappropriate title. :p
Wonderful but true. :D
LOL! What a great story! Where can I find that forum? or is it against RF rules to name it?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I visit an extreme Christian forum where it's very easy for a Deist to be cursed to the fires of eternal damnation, and the mods think that's reasonable there. On one occasion I replied to such a comment by calling that member 'sweetheart' and got mod-warned for using an inappropriate title. :p
Wonderful but true. :D

Actually my first warning on RF was for calling a poster honey. Its common language where i come from but I was reported for it

Jedster

My reason for associating the practice with sabbatarian Christians is because I knew for fact that them what were doing such were sabbatarian Christians. I've heard evangelical Christians make the same kind of prophetic utterances, too. But in my experience, sabbatarians tend to say: "You're dead meat." Evangelicals tend to say: "They're dead meat." But then, I'm a Christian and made sure that the would-be prophet knew it. I'm going to speculate that you're not a Christian and that you made that fact known to the would-be prophet. My best guess is that an evangelical who says "You're dead meat" to you is either a Pentecostal or a Southern Baptist having a really bad day. Maybe I ought to poll RF members and see if I can get some statistics to back up my stereotypes.
they were Christians trying to preach to me. As they left they said "Don't say you weren't told..(re: Jesus).
That's the implied threat which I took to mean "When you are judged, saying you weren't told you cannot say...(and therefore hell...etc blah).

MNoBody

And yet the technology works. Coincidence ?
not all theory is nonsense, some is quite sound, and this eventually morphs into something more than just theoretical, but man isn't really playing with all oars in the water yet...or ever for that matter..... so we have a long ways to go to get out of our damnesia, or childlike ignorant phase

firedragon

Veteran Member

Or is it a sign of fanaticism that you are always wishing ill on people?

It's unhealthy. It's just a bitter person. Yet, even if you don't call God's curse on others, and you have envy, curse in your heart without calling on God, always hating, etc, etc are all the same. There is no difference. Calling God or not is just a symptom of a person's belief, there are symptoms similar to that all over the place.

Jedster

That part I figured. I'm just curious what denomination they belong to and what their attraction to you is. You're not a Jew, are you?

It happened several times over many decades.
It happened with many people after I mentioned that I was a born Jew.
It also happened when I was a staunch Guru-follower.
At the time I followed someone who they believed was a demon/anti-Christ and who I believed was God-incarnate(not very Jewish , I know:oops:).
I suppose thats 2 good reasons for their attraction to me.

I have no idea what denominations they were, for me it was just some Christians.
If it ever happens again, I'll ask their denominations(s), before giving them a STFU.:)

Terry Sampson

It happened with many people after I mentioned that I was a born Jew.
Ahhh! bonus-points for getting a Jew "into the fold". [Not really, but there are knuckleheads who think so.]
It also happened when I was a staunch Guru-follower.
At the time I followed someone who they believed was a demon/anti-Christ and who I believed was God-incarnate(not very Jewish , I know:oops:).
:eek::eek::eek::eek::D;)
I suppose thats 2 good reasons for their attraction to me
Yepty-doodle. You're a prime target goal. A person could knock a lot of years off purgatory just getting you to sit in a church pew..
I have no idea what denominations they were, for me it was just some Christians
LOL! Seen one, seen 'em all, eh?
If it ever happens again, I'll ask their denominations(s), before giving them a STFU.:)
Do that.:D

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
LOL! What a great story! Where can I find that forum? or is it against RF rules to name it?
Yeah...... I have never referred to any other site whilst on RF. That's how forum bosses can get in to legal probs with other outfits.

They are easy enough to discover....... honest. I know a couple.

Jedster

Ahhh! bonus-points for getting a Jew "into the fold". [Not really, but there are knuckleheads who think so.]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::D;)

Yepty-doodle. You're a prime target goal. A person could knock a lot of years off purgatory just getting you to sit in a church pew..

LOL! Seen one, seen 'em all, eh?

Do that.:D

I gave you a friendly, even though you are a Christian :cool::)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Actually my first warning on RF was for calling a poster honey. Its common language where i come from but I was reported for it

Yeah? Never! Wot?
Ah..... well you would have clicked on my story for sure.
I suppose that we could easily fall foul of other cultures etc.
Luv, darlin', sweetheart. dearie, mate, etc...... and of course 'honey'..... strange innit? But there you are. :p

danieldemol

Premium Member
On the other hand, I've heard some people say that writing a "dead letter" (never to be sent) to the object of one's hatred is a way of getting it all out and a possible way of letting go of all the hatred.

Could a "curse" serve the same function, psychologically? Or could it make it even worse?
I never really thought of it that way, but I suppose that’s different to calling God’s curse on someone who has a different interpretation of a holy book then publishing the call on RF or elsewhere the one being cursed may have a chance to read it and become inflamed by it.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

The one I see most often is the implied threat of doom to atheists or even those that disagree with particular interpretations. Doing that implies that the person doing the implying knows the mind of God and that of the people they are chastising.

Muffled

Jesus in me

i believe it is very bad for a persons health and even more so if God doesn't agree. I return curses back on the head of the person making it..

whirlingmerc

The one I see most often is the implied threat of doom to atheists or even those that disagree with particular interpretations. Doing that implies that the person doing the implying knows the mind of God and that of the people they are chastising.

Disciplining someone and wrath are different, God disciplining his children is actually a sign of sonship and love since God chastens those who He receives as sons, so says Hebrews.

If God doesn't discipline you, you should worry Hebrews 12:6

God's wrath toward believers was paid in Christ on the cross. There is no 'wrath' left for them. Jeremiah 32:40 and for them, He will never turn from doing them good.