• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally wrong or right?

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally right or wrong?

• Total voters

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Aww, geez! I love this choice in the poll.....:biglaugh: Wonder if he was kidding?

It's ok, but only if they both consent, and are in a loving, caring relationship.

BFD_Zayl

ugh...i think...i will just leave this alone, i will not speak against it, and i will not speak for it. and since i will never witness it i shall completly ignore it...ignorance is bliss in my case.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
From the people who saying it's morally ok to have sex with an animal.....I sure would like to hear a compelling argument as to why it's morally ok.

Rough_ER

Well, I guess it comes down to this idea of consent. Some people say that non-humans animal can consent to sex and some say they can't. How do you feel about it if the animal initiates the contact? Is it still morally wrong? If so, why? I have experienced a very close relationship with an animal before, it never went as far as all that but I can easily see how loving relationships can develop between humans and non-human animals.

It's a tricky issue. :s

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Rough_ER said:
A child or minor is not old enough to know what they are doing in a sexual realm. I am the adult and therefore smarter and know the situation is not good for them.

Comparing this analogy to animals, I can say that we are not of the same species, I am the smarter one again and know this is not good for ME. It is morally wrong for me because I would have to lie about it. Who tells the truth about having sex with animals? To me lying is immoral. If I have to lie to have sex it's not worth it.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
*Get ready for the narrow-minded and immature anade...ok...ready?*

Ummmm...EEEEEWWWW! EWW, EWW, EWW. Having sex with an animal is never ok, and should be illegal, if it's not already. I mean, seriously, YUCK. I think it is completely immoral, unatural, and besides, how the heck would you know if an animal wanted to have sex with you? That is just sick, and wrong. I'm one of those people who believe that animals don't feel as deeply as we, humans, do. I mean, they feel fear and hunger, probably even affection, happiness, and sadness to a degree. But love? Like the kind a woman would feel for a man? I think not! Just my opinon. And do animals want to have sex with people? NO! Cats want to mate with cats, that is their natural instincts. Same thing with lions, and tigers, and bears. And do you see them mating for life? No. The greater majority of animals do not mate for life. So if animals just mate, because of their natural instincts, and then never see each other again, and quite frankly, don't care, with members of their own species, what in the world would make someone think that they could feel love for something OUTSIDE of their species? That makes no sense at all. Just my opinion on this...

Rough_ER

Buttercup said:
A child or minor is not old enough to know what they are doing in a sexual realm. I am the adult and therefore smarter and know the situation is not good for them.

Comparing this analogy to animals, I can say that we are not of the same species, I am the smarter one again and know this is not good for ME. It is morally wrong for me because I would have to lie about it. Who tells the truth about having sex with animals? To me lying is immoral. If I have to lie to have sex it's not worth it.

All you have said is that lying is immoral. You gave no real reason for sex with animals being immoral other than "I am smarter". Well if you did I it evaded me. :p I'm confused, you don't actually believe that it's immoral to have sex with animals? Or do you? :s

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Ok, so a lot of people have been saying "What if the animal starts it?" My answer to that would be that they probably don't know what they're doing, and I will also repeat what Buttercup or someone else said up there, animals are like children to me. They live by instinct alone, not by feelings. And they certainly don't understand right and wrong, good and bad, and are not smart enough to figure out how our world works. So to me, an animal is like an innocent little 6-year-old. In other words, they just don't get it. So, if the animal were to "initiate contact" which seems ridiculous to me in the first place, one should either use whatever form on punishment for disobedience (for a domestic animal, like a dog) or just get away from the animal. I can't believe this even came up. It's compeltely absurd....

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Rough_ER said:
All you have said is that lying is immoral. You gave no real reason for sex with animals being immoral other than "I am smarter". Well if you did I it evaded me. :p I'm confused, you don't actually believe that it's immoral to have sex with animals? Or do you? :s
Yes, I do think it's immoral and I'm telling you ONE of the reasons why...because of lying. Do you think lying is immoral? Would you freely tell others that you have sex with your dog? If you have to lie about a behavior does that make the behavior immoral? It does to me.

Morals are subjective remember. I think it's also immoral to have sex outside of the human species. But the reasoning behind that is simply that I think it's gross and disgusting and beneath me.

Ðanisty

Hema said:
Okay, now that I've said all that....can someone please tell me why our male rottweiler used to get an erection when we petted him (not all the time though). My boyfriend even told me that his dad was petting their dog (a male) and the dog ejaculated. Hid dad made an excuse that the dog had peed. Is this because a female dog in the area was in heat and the male dogs are prone to such things around that time?
He's just happy you're petting him. He doesn't necessarily perceive that you weren't being affectionate in that way.

Buttercup said:

Hmm...these two things are not the same. In the case of a child or minor, you're making a decision as an adult as to what's best for the child. In the case of an animal, you're making a decision as a human what's best for you. Just because dogs and other animals aren't as developed (smart) as humans doesn't mean you can compare an adult dog with a human child. That animal is still an adult...mature for it's species and ready for sex.

Anade said:
Ummmm...EEEEEWWWW! EWW, EWW, EWW. Having sex with an animal is never ok, and should be illegal, if it's not already. I mean, seriously, YUCK. I think it is completely immoral, unatural, and besides, how the heck would you know if an animal wanted to have sex with you? That is just sick, and wrong. I'm one of those people who believe that animals don't feel as deeply as we, humans, do. I mean, they feel fear and hunger, probably even affection, happiness, and sadness to a degree. But love? Like the kind a woman would feel for a man? I think not! Just my opinon. And do animals want to have sex with people? NO! Cats want to mate with cats, that is their natural instincts. Same thing with lions, and tigers, and bears. And do you see them mating for life? No. The greater majority of animals do not mate for life. So if animals just mate, because of their natural instincts, and then never see each other again, and quite frankly, don't care, with members of their own species, what in the world would make someone think that they could feel love for something OUTSIDE of their species? That makes no sense at all. Just my opinion on this...
Wow, you have a pretty low opinion of animals. I certainly believe animals can love. I know my pets love me. In fact, I know that Ziggy, my male dog, is fully convinced that I'm his mate. He snuggles with me, sleeps in the bed with me, showers me with affection and sometimes he gets a little too happy about it if you know what I mean. I just throw him off the bed or the couch or whever I am, but it's clear that he thinks I should be his mate. And again, it's obvious if an animal wants to have sex. It's not like they hide their erections. I'm certainly not interested in having sex with animals, but the premise of not knowing what an animal wants is a flawed premise. I'm not prepared to make a moral decision based on a flawed premise.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Ðanisty said:
Hmm...these two things are not the same. In the case of a child or minor, you're making a decision as an adult as to what's best for the child. In the case of an animal, you're making a decision as a human what's best for you. Just because dogs and other animals aren't as developed (smart) as humans doesn't mean you can compare an adult dog with a human child. That animal is still an adult...mature for it's species and ready for sex.
You completey bypassed my thoughts of finding the idea of lying immoral. Like I said before, if I have to lie about a behavior, it's immoral to me. I would definitely have to lie about having sex with animals. :p

Rough_ER

Ðanisty said:
Wow, you have a pretty low opinion of animals. I certainly believe animals can love. I know my pets love me. In fact, I know that Ziggy, my male dog, is fully convinced that I'm his mate. He snuggles with me, sleeps in the bed with me, showers me with affection and sometimes he gets a little too happy about it if you know what I mean. I just throw him off the bed or the couch or whever I am, but it's clear that he thinks I should be his mate. And again, it's obvious if an animal wants to have sex. It's not like they hide their erections. I'm certainly not interested in having sex with animals, but the premise of not knowing what an animal wants is a flawed premise. I'm not prepared to make a moral decision based on a flawed premise.

I have had this experience also. Dogs are such love bugs. :):):)

Ever read "In the Shadow of Man" by Jane Goodall? Remember Clint, son of Flo? He loved her so much, shadowed here wherever she went. When she grew old and died, he couldn't live without her...

Rough_ER

Buttercup said:
You completey bypassed my thoughts of finding the idea of lying immoral. Like I said before, if I have to lie about a behavior, it's immoral to me. I would definitely have to lie about having sex with animals. :p

I feel I have to lie about my relationship with a man. I just don't think my family would respond very well to it and it's better they don't know. My behaviour is not immoral. I guess we just consider things in different ways, that's cool. :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Rough_ER said:
I feel I have to lie about my relationship with a man. I just don't think my family would respond very well to it and it's better they don't know. My behaviour is not immoral. I guess we just consider things in different ways, that's cool. :)

Tell me why you think it's morally ok to have sex with animals. I gave my viewpoints....it's your turn. :)

Rough_ER

I think it is morally acceptable, although I don't think I would ever be interested in trying. I simply believe that animals are capable of displaying affection and a desire to have sexual intercourse (I think you would be very hard pressed to find evidence against this). Animals snuggle and kiss you and more often than not do consider you as their mate. I do not see it as damaging to them at all if this is the case. I fail to see how if an animal initiates sexual contact it can be harmful to them and am aware of no study which has been able to produce any evidence at all to support this idea.

If no harm is done to either party, and both paries appear to be having a good time, I don't see how it can be bad. Maybe I'm too open minded. :p

Ðanisty

Anade said:
Ok, so a lot of people have been saying "What if the animal starts it?" My answer to that would be that they probably don't know what they're doing, and I will also repeat what Buttercup or someone else said up there, animals are like children to me. They live by instinct alone, not by feelings. And they certainly don't understand right and wrong, good and bad, and are not smart enough to figure out how our world works. So to me, an animal is like an innocent little 6-year-old. In other words, they just don't get it. So, if the animal were to "initiate contact" which seems ridiculous to me in the first place, one should either use whatever form on punishment for disobedience (for a domestic animal, like a dog) or just get away from the animal. I can't believe this even came up. It's compeltely absurd....
It seems to me that you don't understand a thing about animals. First of all, how can an animal not know that it has an erection and wants to have sex? Animals tend to understand this basic instinct better than humans because they don't try to rationalize it. Also, animals have no need to understand human definitions of good and bad. These things aren't necessary for an animal. It is not that they aren't smart enough. Packs of wolves have their own rules and the wolves are smart enough to understand what is good and bad in the pack. Do you think it's unlikely that an animal would initiate contact or do you not understand why we are discussing it? I find it abhorent that you would punish a dog for getting an erection. That would be like punishing a dog for panting or wagging it's tail. The dog has done nothing wrong. It is the human who tries to force a dog to conform to human concepts of morality that is doing something wrong. I suggest you don't own any pets.