• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally wrong or right?

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally right or wrong?

• Total voters

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Is there something inherently wrong with having sex with a non-human species? Does it depend on whether or not the human rapes the non-human? If it is wrong, what should the punishment be? My opinion is that it is ok, but only when the non-human and human consent, and they are in a loving, caring relationship. I believe love is common to all creatures, and can be spread between all species.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I believe I've made a mistake/ Is there a way for a mod to untick the option that shows what people choose? I must have accidentally ticked it. Thanks!

Doodlebug02

Druidus said:
Is there something inherently wrong with having sex with a non-human species? Does it depend on whether or not the human rapes the non-human? If it is wrong, what should the punishment be? My opinion is that it is ok, but only when the non-human and human consent, and they are in a loving, caring relationship. I believe love is common to all creatures, and can be spread between all species.
But currently, there are no known non-human species that have the ability to consent to such a thing. And if they do have the ability, how are we supposed to know that they are consenting? Personally, I think beastiality is disgusting.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I apologize for recycling an old response but I think this explanation is applicable to this thread.

As long as the human and lamb are consenting adults I do not think........................

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Animals are not capable of consenting to sex. Sex without mutual consent is wrong. Therefore, bestiality is wrong.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
But currently, there are no known non-human species that have the ability to consent to such a thing.
What do you base this off of? Non-humans do consent with eachother, through the use of various behaviors.

And if they do have the ability, how are we supposed to know that they are consenting?
By examining the behavior of the non-human in question. If they display the courtship rituals of that species, then we know that they are interested in the human.

Personally, I think beastiality is disgusting.
It's not a pretty picture in my mind either, but then again, I don't view homosexuality very high on my list of appealing things either. This is because I am merely not attracted to such things. However, certain individuals are, and we have to try to understand them.

Animals are not capable of consenting to sex. Sex without mutual consent is wrong. Therefore, beasiality is wrong.
But then, is all sex that animals may or may not have with each other rape?

Please note, people, I am not a zoophiliac. I just feel that people who have an attraction to non-humans should be allowed to pursue their interest.

What is the factor that is morally wrong? Is it because all interspecies sex is unnatural? Or is it just wrong for humans? Non-humans do have interspecies sex. There have been accounts of chimpanzees (our closest living relative), having mutually consented sex with baboons. We know that it is mutuallky consented, because we can see them both enacting the flirting actions of their respective species. Many a time non-humans in zoos have been recorded to have "come on" to their human keepers. Dolphins are quite common in this. Is this not consent?

For those out there who might base their beliefs on homosexuality being natural because non-humans practice it, then you must also, by logic, agree that interspecies sex is also natural, because non-humans practice it.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Well the Torah forbids such practices.........but Torah or no Torah i just can't get next to the thought of it....but that's just my personal preference i prefer human.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Druidus said:
But then, is all sex that animals may or may not have with each other rape?
The topic is bestiality (that is the correct spelling of the word), which I take to mean humans having sex with nonhuman animals. I don't believe that animals are capable of indicating consent for humans to have sex with them. (No, I do not have any proof of that.) I imagine they have ways of communicating consent to others of their specie. If so, animals who have sex with nonconsenting animals might be considered guilty of rape. However, I doubt that they worry about such concepts. If they are able to have sex with another animal without getting seriously bitten or clawed in the process, they are probably content. That may apply to some humans also. :eek:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Retrorich writes: Animals are not capable of consenting to sex. Sex without mutual consent is wrong. Therefore, bestiality is wrong.
Retrorich I apologize for my last post, sometimes these forums can be so misleading, I was actually going for a little humor there. Of course you cannot obtain consent from an animal but I will tell you this; if it was possible for a human to acquire positive sexual consent from an animal then they probably deserve each other.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the animal initiates the encounter couldn't that be construed as tacit concent?

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
carrdero said:
Retrorich I apologize for my last post, sometimes these forums can be so misleading, I was actually going for a little humor there. Of course you cannot obtain consent from an animal but I will tell you this; if it was possible for a human to acquire positive sexual consent from an animal then they probably deserve each other.
No problem. :) Humorous or serious, it is an interesting thread.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Seyorni writes: If the animal initiates the encounter couldn't that be construed as tacit concent?
Do you mean like if a cat rubs up against someone’s legs or if a dog is sniffing someone’s area or if a lamb bleats seductively?

huajiro

I don't understand how an animal could consent to sex with a human. Most animals have sex only because they are driven to (many humans as well for that matter).

Those few remaining that actually do have sex for pleasure would only want it with an animal of their species because they are driven to (example a dog in heat, birds attracted to each others' plumage, etc).

Those few that actually would probably have sex with a human would never be able to relay this, except for a dog riding your leg.

cardero

Citizen Mod
huajiro writes: Those few that actually would probably have sex with a human would never be able to relay this, except for a dog riding your leg.
Nor would they have the intellectual capacity to conceive/percieve it as a violation of their BEing.

Doc

Space Chief
Believe it or not, I have seen pictures of turtles mating with alligators and the turtle seems to not mind too much. It was the most hysterical looking thing ever. (I do not search for these, i happen to come upon a particular post about it)!

osuwagner

huajiro said:
Those few that actually would probably have sex with a human would never be able to relay this, except for a dog riding your leg.
What about gorillas in captivity who have been able to learn sign language (yes, this has been proven) and effectively communicate with their zoo keepers? What would be stopping them from relaying a sexual interest?

huajiro said:
Those few remaining that actually do have sex for pleasure would only want it with an animal of their species because they are driven to
Um,...if bestiality is possible in humans, why would a similar fetish not be possible in other animals? Just because an animal is "supposed to be" driven to other animals of their own kind doesn't mean that its true for all animals of a given species.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
osuwagner said:
Um,...if bestiality is possible in humans, why would a similar fetish not be possible in other animals? Just because an animal is "supposed to be" driven to other animals of their own kind doesn't mean that its true for all animals of a given species.
We had a turkey named Chester, who liked to hump chickens. He squished a few, since the turkey mating dance involves the male 'stomping' on the female. :rolleyes:

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
We had a turkey named Chester, who liked to hump chickens. He squished a few, since the turkey mating dance involves the male 'stomping' on the female. :rolleyes:

:biglaugh: lol

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"do you mean like if a cat rubs up against someone's legs...."

Carrdero -- I was thinking more of Fido making advances on aunt Harriet's leg at the family reunion.