• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally wrong or right?

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally right or wrong?

• Total voters

Ozzie

I fail to see how if an animal initiates sexual contact it can be harmful to them and am aware of no study which has been able to produce any evidence at all to support this idea.
I'm not aware of any study or any experimental methodology that could be used to discern whether animals enjoy sex with humans. So I assume lack of evidence means a free for all then?
Maybe I'm too open minded
. No you are closed minded in extrapolating from humans to animals without prejudice or criteria.

Hacker

Ozzie said:
.A very valid opinion that says we should stick to our own kind.
Yes exactly, I don't know if you could define it as being "morally" wrong, but my "opinion" of it is that it's SICK!:eek:
So for ME it's morally wrong, for other's who participate in this kind of behavior..... well, my opinion is that they probably need some serious professional help.:eek:

Tiberius

Buttercup said:
Yes, I do think it's immoral and I'm telling you ONE of the reasons why...because of lying. Do you think lying is immoral? Would you freely tell others that you have sex with your dog? If you have to lie about a behavior does that make the behavior immoral? It does to me.

Would you openly tell people that you are having sex with a Human partner? "Yes, this is my husband, and I shag him?"

Why do you feel that simpyl keeping your mouth shut about something equates to lying about it? You keep your mouth shut about going to the toilet, don't you? or about having sex with your partner? There are lots of things that we people do that we just don't tell others. That doesn't equate to lying about them.

One is not obligated to tell anyone about what they do behind closed doors, for the simple reason that it's none of their business. if you claim otherwise, then by your own logic you are lying to me about your own sex life simply by not informing me of the details, and that's a claim that I'm sure you find ridiculous.

Morals are subjective remember. I think it's also immoral to have sex outside of the human species. But the reasoning behind that is simply that I think it's gross and disgusting and beneath me.

I think that eating oysters is gross and disgusting, but I certainly wouldn't say that anyone who enjoys eating oysters is immoral.

Ozzie said:
I'm not aware of any study or any experimental methodology that could be used to discern whether animals enjoy sex with humans. So I assume lack of evidence means a free for all then?

Well, if the animal doesn't enjoy it, then the animal tries to get off, yes? And if there's a woman down on all fours with a dog and the dog wants to get off, i don't see how the woman can hold the dog there against his will.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Tiberius said:
Would you openly tell people that you are having sex with a Human partner? "Yes, this is my husband, and I shag him?"
Well, that's plain silly. There is no need to explain to anyone that I have sex with my husband...it's assumed. It is not assumed that you have sex with your dog.

I see you voted that you feel it's morally ok....how come no one is this thread is wiling to come out and say they have sex with animals? Everyone says, "Well, I wouldn't do it but it's ok for others."

Do you have sex with animals? If not, why?

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Wow, you have a pretty low opinion of animals. I certainly believe animals can love. I know my pets love me. In fact, I know that Ziggy, my male dog, is fully convinced that I'm his mate. He snuggles with me, sleeps in the bed with me, showers me with affection and sometimes he gets a little too happy about it if you know what I mean. I just throw him off the bed or the couch or whever I am, but it's clear that he thinks I should be his mate. And again, it's obvious if an animal wants to have sex. It's not like they hide their erections. I'm certainly not interested in having sex with animals, but the premise of not knowing what an animal wants is a flawed premise. I'm not prepared to make a moral decision based on a flawed premise.

It seems to me that you don't understand a thing about animals. First of all, how can an animal not know that it has an erection and wants to have sex? Animals tend to understand this basic instinct better than humans because they don't try to rationalize it. Also, animals have no need to understand human definitions of good and bad. These things aren't necessary for an animal. It is not that they aren't smart enough. Packs of wolves have their own rules and the wolves are smart enough to understand what is good and bad in the pack. Do you think it's unlikely that an animal would initiate contact or do you not understand why we are discussing it? I find it abhorent that you would punish a dog for getting an erection. That would be like punishing a dog for panting or wagging it's tail. The dog has done nothing wrong. It is the human who tries to force a dog to conform to human concepts of morality that is doing something wrong. I suggest you don't own any pets.

Firstly, I've lived with animals all my life, actually. All cats, though. Well, not including the hamsters and fishies. *sigh* Maybe you're right, maybe animal DO want to have sex with humans, and consider them their mates.

However, it is still my opinion that it is morally wrong, based on my personal religion. But if you're not a Christian, or your individual religion doesn't condem it, whatever, go for it, I don't really care if that's what you want to do. It will always be MY opinion that having sex with an animal is sick and wrong, but if that's what you wanna do, I'm not gonna try to fight it with you. I guess it turns out that I feel the same way on this as I feel about some other issues, like homosexuality. I believe it's wrong, based on my religion, but if you don't, it's your life and your body, so do what you want...I wouldn't particularly want my own posterity (hehe, new vocab word) growing up in a world where that kind of thing is tolerated, but it's a free country, so I can't exactly stop anyone, right?

Hacker

Buttercup said:
Well, that's plain silly. There is no need to explain to anyone that I have sex with my husband...it's assumed. It is not assumed that you have sex with your dog.

I see you voted that you feel it's morally ok....how come no one is this thread is wiling to come out and say they have sex with animals? Everyone says, "Well, I wouldn't do it but it's ok for others."

How the heck did you find out what he voted for?:D

Tiberius

Buttercup said:

So? in either case, you can easily answer, "I'm sorry, but it's none of your business."

As I said above, that's none of your business what I do behind closed doors. See how easy it is? :p

Tlcmel said:
So for ME it's morally wrong, for other's who participate in this kind of behavior..... well, my opinion is that they probably need some serious professional help.

But how can you judge others on your moral code?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Before this thread goes any further, I feel that I must announce to everyone that the animal characters on some people's avatars do not portray the individual's actual appearance. Thank you.

Ðanisty

Anade said:
Firstly, I've lived with animals all my life, actually. All cats, though. Well, not including the hamsters and fishies. *sigh* Maybe you're right, maybe animal DO want to have sex with humans, and consider them their mates.

However, it is still my opinion that it is morally wrong, based on my personal religion. But if you're not a Christian, or your individual religion doesn't condem it, whatever, go for it, I don't really care if that's what you want to do. It will always be MY opinion that having sex with an animal is sick and wrong, but if that's what you wanna do, I'm not gonna try to fight it with you. I guess it turns out that I feel the same way on this as I feel about some other issues, like homosexuality. I believe it's wrong, based on my religion, but if you don't, it's your life and your body, so do what you want...I wouldn't particularly want my own posterity (hehe, new vocab word) growing up in a world where that kind of thing is tolerated, but it's a free country, so I can't exactly stop anyone, right?
I have no desire to have sex with animals. You seem pretty intent in this post on making it seem as though I have said that, so I figured I'd better make that clear.

Fluffy

A fool
Buttercup said:
From the people who saying it's morally ok to have sex with an animal.....I sure would like to hear a compelling argument as to why it's morally ok.

That is an interesting way of placing the burden of evidence! :p

It is amoral because I know of no compelling argument that suggests it to be either moral or immoral.

Now then as much as I would like to know something for sure, I can't exactly rule out the possibility of a consensual interspecies relationship. I admit I'm not the most practically minded person but I dislike making blanket morals unless I am relatively certain that I am not dusting anything under the carpet. The possibility is enough for me and if there is nothing beyond a lack of consent to make it wrong then the inclusion of consent destroys my sole argument.

I don't like rape. That it happens to be with an animal does not change the reason for rape being wrong nor make it more wrong nor preclude the possibility that if it were not rape, it would no longer be wrong.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Fluffy said:
That is an interesting way of placing the burden of evidence! :p
Hey, it's fair. :p

I don't like rape. That it happens to be with an animal does not change the reason for rape being wrong nor make it more wrong nor preclude the possibility that if it were not rape, it would no longer be wrong.
Humans and animals cannot speak to each other to give consent. While the eagerness (consent) to have sex with a human may be more pronounced in a male animal such as a dog, how can one tell if a female dog says ok?

Fluffy

A fool
Humans and animals cannot speak to each other to give consent. While the eagerness (consent) to have sex with a human may be more pronounced in a male animal such as a dog, how can one tell if a female dog says ok?
Agreed. I think a more compelling argument would be to say that currently, we do not require mere consent but informed consent and we realise that if there are limits to intellectual capabilities then a person is unable to give informed consent regardless of their ability to say yes or not. This would rule out all current bestiality since we regard children to be more intelligent than animals but not intelligent enough to give informed consent.

However, if it were possible for a non-human to give informed consent (and honestly how many generations are we away from that point currently?) then bestiality would become moral.

My point, therefore, is that there is nothing immoral about bestiality. It is rape that is immoral and happenstance that bestiality cannot currently occur outside of rape. So there would be nothing wrong with a person feeling romantic love for an animal as long as they did not act on it. There is nothing wrong with the urge to have sex with an animal as long as it is not the urge to rape.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Fluffy said:
My point, therefore, is that there is nothing immoral about bestiality. It is rape that is immoral and happenstance that bestiality cannot currently occur outside of rape. So there would be nothing wrong with a person feeling romantic love for an animal as long as they did not act on it. There is nothing wrong with the urge to have sex with an animal as long as it is not the urge to rape.
Aren't you contradicting yourself here? You say bestiality is not immoral but rape is. Yet, you concede that an animal cannot give informed consent. So, shouldn't your answer have been that it's immoral to have sex with an animal?

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I think you misunderstood Fluffy's post. He said: "...So there would be nothing wrong with a person feeling romantic love for an animal as long as they did not act on it."

Tiberius

Romance and physical lust aren't the only reasons a person can choose to have sex. I've slept with someone who I wasn't in love with, but for the reason that I was a very close friend and we both agreed to it. There are many reasons to have sex with someone. A person may love their pet enough for sex to be something that is not done for purely physical reasons.

Tiberius

Female animals "present" for the males when they are ready to have sex. if the female does this towards a Human, would this not be a "Come on" signal?