• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally wrong or right?

Is Beastiality (Zoophilia) morally right or wrong?

• Total voters

Booko

Deviled Hen
And bonobos, for certain. I've also heard elephants and swans, but I'm not 100% on those. Although I do know that certain elephants have raped rhinos, so it seems likely.

Ducks are known for their rapacious habits.

kadzbiz

It's a weird topic, but I must admit that having seen a very happy dog and one very turned on woman engaged in a sexual encounter, I was left quite aroused. The participants both looked quite willing and were enjoying themselves. I guess it would've been awful if either were showing signs of being forced. One can't help one's reaction to seeing such an event, but I wonder if everyone that has had a negative response has either a) seen a clip as the one I described and b) seen such a clip while alone? Sometimes one reacts to things in a way purely because there are other people present.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
OK, if I'm a chicken and my husband is a moose, does that make it bestiality?

Good question! How much of our antipathy towards this subject is anthropocentric?

Also, in all those Star Trek episodes where a member of an alien race gets it on with a human or another race, there appears to be no moral shock on the part of the characters, and as far as I know, there hasn't been a public outcry against it. Could it be because the characters appear human, or are human enough to make it not beastiality?

(Could that show another example of how the "eww factor" plays a part in the anti-beastiality argument?)

Ozzie

This thread was
Once so busy, but now
It is not.

yes, Haiku.
At the very least you should have to part with cold hard cash for sex with animals if you seek to reduce bestiality to the level of moral ambiguity normally associated with prostitution.

Booko

Deviled Hen
It's a weird topic, but I must admit that having seen a very happy dog and one very turned on woman engaged in a sexual encounter, I was left quite aroused. The participants both looked quite willing and were enjoying themselves. I guess it would've been awful if either were showing signs of being forced. One can't help one's reaction to seeing such an event, but I wonder if everyone that has had a negative response has either a) seen a clip as the one I described and b) seen such a clip while alone? Sometimes one reacts to things in a way purely because there are other people present.

Well, I personally have had advances made on me by a Great Dane once and a Chihuahua on another. As they say, variety is the spice of life.

Can I assume that because they approached me, that may mean they were giving consent? Hm!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Good question! How much of our antipathy towards this subject is anthropocentric?

Also, in all those Star Trek episodes where a member of an alien race gets it on with a human or another race, there appears to be no moral shock on the part of the characters, and as far as I know, there hasn't been a public outcry against it. Could it be because the characters appear human, or are human enough to make it not beastiality?

One wonders, what would the reaction be if Spock was doing more than mind-melding with that Horta?

Perhaps the lack of moral shock, and the lack of non-humanoid partners on Trek, is that people might find it hard to imagine how such a union would work. :confused:

(Could that show another example of how the "eww factor" plays a part in the anti-beastiality argument?)

Oh, I can see how there might be some ewww factor. But also, it's not nice to confuse the wee beasties. They have no idea what you're doing and it's not like anyone could explain it to 'em.

Tiberius

I would say a horny dog humping someone's leg knows exactly what he is doing.

Or he knows as much what he is doing in that case as he does when he mounts a female dog.