• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is atheism a type of satanism?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
You do realize the two terms are not mutually exclusive or interchangeable, don't you? Many ex-Christians are Atheists, but some are Wiccan, some follow Thor, some became Muslim, and so on and so forth.
And, once again, I am not an Atheist, and I would appreciate it if you would acknowledge this instead of wrongfully and incorrectly placing the label on me. Just because I think the character of Jehovah is one of the most unreasonable, vicious, cruel, monstrous, and sadistic characters in all of literary history doesn't automatically make me (or anyone else who thinks the same) an Atheist.
Nor does not being Christian make one a Satanist...

RESOLUTION

In discussions with atheists, if they hadnt already told me that they were atheists, the arguments etc were no different from satanism arguments.

Is atheism, satanism?

Are atheists unwilling satanists?

Is this why atheistic satanism is so common?

Atheism is disbelief in god/s. It is highly unlikely someone would believe in Satan without accepting there must be a God.

Atheism is probably related to Satan as a person rather than worship of Satan.

An atheist would not necessary have any regards for Satan if he has no regard for God.

But an atheist and a Satanist would both be lost to God because they both deny the truth.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You do realize the two terms are not mutually exclusive or interchangeable, don't you? Many ex-Christians are Atheists, but some are Wiccan, some follow Thor, some became Muslim, and so on and so forth.
And, once again, I am not an Atheist, and I would appreciate it if you would acknowledge this instead of wrongfully and incorrectly placing the label on me. Just because I think the character of Jehovah is one of the most unreasonable, vicious, cruel, monstrous, and sadistic characters in all of literary history doesn't automatically make me (or anyone else who thinks the same) an Atheist.

Theism meaning you have a god adherence, presumably. Mind telling us what deity/deities you adhere to?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Mind telling us what deity/deities you adhere to?
If I had any, it would be Lucifer. My actual beliefs aren't summed up with labels, simple concepts and "common sense" morality, or human notions of existence, has no "I" or ego that survives death, and just ends with a "what do I really actually really know?" anyways. Although I do have to say, Sam Harris does use the term atheist to describe himself, but he also considers himself spiritual, a leap a faith that I am myself am not willing to take. And even any direction I will consider I still must always admit my profound ignorance.
It's really whatever. I don't know how to even really describe it in words, so I don't tend to care much about it. In terms of religion, other people define and describe me way more often than I do myself.

Last edited:

gnomon

In discussions with atheists, if they hadnt already told me that they were atheists, the arguments etc were no different from satanism arguments.

Is atheism, satanism?

Are atheists unwilling satanists?

Is this why atheistic satanism is so common?

Nope.

Glad to provide such an obvious answer.

Sorry you have such a lack of understanding in regards to atheism and satanism.

What's next?

What is the next question already answered on this forum?

Why is it people no longer make an effort?

Oh but you have a car in your ID. Look at that the cat........

Believe the cat!

Cat could give a living **** about the rest of this thread...........

Next stupid question!

edit: From vodka's advice.......stop asking stupid questions.

Dear God.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
No he isn't. Total absurdity. Please describe where he is in space and time.

God is Spirit and holds all things together at the subatomic level by His power. Just as we can move a photon here and one moves faraway elsewhere, God is "linked in" and omniscient, all-seeing, ever present.

Now, before you make another mocking answer, consider the alternative answer I could have given you:

"I will tell you where Jesus Christ is now in space and time if you will tell me where the mass/energy of this universe was before this current space and time".

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur

You denigrate science, if it wasn't for our scientific and technological advances you would might very well be dead by now. How did you think we fertilize our crops to feed billions, where did you think we obtained the ability to genetically modify crops, to develop pesticides that would otherwise starve us, what do you think is the basis for all vaccines medicines surgical procedures and therapies, how else would you post your absurd notions online without the application of the scientific method, how do you think almost every aspect of your creature comforts come about, from heating to electricity to appliances to everything in your world? If anything deserves your worship, it is science. Not some figment of someone else's delusion.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If I had any, it would be Lucifer. My actual beliefs aren't summed up with labels, simple concepts and "common sense" morality, or human notions of existence, has no "I" or ego that survives death, and just ends with a "what do I really actually really know?" anyways. Although I do have to say, Sam Harris does use the term atheist to describe himself, but he also considers himself spiritual, a leap a faith that I am myself am not willing to take. And even any direction I will consider I still must always admit my profound ignorance.
It's really whatever. I don't know how to even really describe it in words, so I don't tend to care much about it. In terms of religion, other people define and describe me way more often than I do myself.
That would be atheistic satanism.

Hence you are an example of the op premise.

thanks

Corvus

God is Spirit and holds all things together at the subatomic level by His power. Just as we can move a photon here and one moves faraway elsewhere, God is "linked in" and omniscient, all-seeing, ever present.

In other words you don't know.

PS God is not the strong nuclear force.

"I will tell you where Jesus Christ is now in space and time if you will tell me where the mass/energy of this universe was before this current space and time".

It was zero. Since the positive energy of the universe in the form of matter/energy is precisely equal to the negative gravitational energy of the universe.

Last edited:

Corvus

If being a Satanist means believing in no Gods of any kind. Then I am a Satanist. So what do we Satanists do with Virgins exactly?

Corvus

But an atheist and a Satanist would both be lost to God because they both deny the truth.
So would a Muslim be to a Christan or visa versa. Since they have different Gods and messengers and messages. So on that basis, I laugh. In fact if someone doesn't believe in your God, or version of God, then he/she may as well be an atheist. The irony...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That would be atheistic satanism.
As I just pointed out, more people spend more time trying to describe, define, and label me than what I do for my own self (and, BTW, you aren't the first to assume I'm a Satanist).
FYI, when someone says if they have a god (or if they do) it would be Lucifer, that does not make them a Satanist. When someone says my actual beliefs are such and such but remains ignorant, you may not want to dismiss that as atheism without digging a little deeper, except in this case I gave you an "in a nutshell" version so you didn't even have to do any "digging" at all.

Corvus

As I just pointed out, more people spend more time trying to describe, define, and label me than what I do for my own self (and, BTW, you aren't the first to assume I'm a Satanist).
FYI, when someone says if they have a god (or if they do) it would be Lucifer, that does not make them a Satanist. When someone says my actual beliefs are such and such but remains ignorant, you may not want to dismiss that as atheism without digging a little deeper, except in this case I gave you an "in a nutshell" version so you didn't even have to do any "digging" at all.
Lucifer the angel as described by the Bible?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
On rf, 'satanism' and 'luciferianism', are generally the same thing. If you want to make that further distinction, that would be fine.

Last edited: