• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is atheism a type of satanism?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Never thought of that before, but I can go along with it: in order to believe in Christ one has to be a hypocrite.

I don't quite agree... but in the interest of honesty one should point out that there is a lot of encouragement of hypocrisy in most typical Christian (and Muslim) practice. I fully expect that a careful study would reveal that both doctrines are harmful in that regard.

There are many reasons why. One is the frequent expectation that people "should believe" until evidence to the contrary. Then there is the sort of pressure that so many of them apply over their own children without a second thought. And the bad habit of third-partying their moral virtue to their God does not help, either.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Never thought of that before, but I can go along with it: in order to believe in Christ one has to be a hypocrite.

And in order to not believe in Christ, one must equally be a hypocrite. All men are sinners, all lie, some are forgiven. Make a choice.

Skwim

Veteran Member
And in order to not believe in Christ, one must equally be a hypocrite.
Err, just how does that compute? Exactly what form of hypocrisy is necessary to not believe in Jesus?

All men are sinners, all lie, some are forgiven. Make a choice.
Hmmm, Let's see . . . . . .

Choice 1. All men are sinners,
Choice 2. All (men) lie
Choice 3. Some (men) are forgiven.​

I pick #2. "All men lie."

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
You've NEVER told a lie? I call baloney. :)

Suit yourself, but I seldom feel any need to lie about anything, unless someone is wearing something particularly unflattering and asks my opinion on it, then if it is a girl, naturally I lie. Lying is otherwise for avoiding censure or gaining dishonestly, I am not accountable to anyone, my social network and peer group is very small. As a child lying was something I was easily fooled by, in my mind misrepresenting the truth is illogical, unless you have specific motives, which at that young age I was not so aware of the duplicity of people and their general lack of scruples.

Corvus

And in order to not believe in Christ, one must equally be a hypocrite. All men are sinners, all lie, some are forgiven. Make a choice.
I choose this life I do know, not the next one I don't, which in all probability does not exist, and if it did exist it would be highly unlikely to be aptly described by anyone not dead. Heaven and Hell = Carrot and Stick. IMO.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Atheists are all satanists. And communists. And drug-addicted alcoholics who attend perverse sex-orgies on a nightly basis.

Yes, all your irrational fears about atheists are true.

Go hide under your bed and pray to your god.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
And drug-addicted alcoholics who attend perverse sex-orgies on a nightly basis
Wait...why haven't I been invited to the drug and alcohol-fueled perverse sex-orgies on a nightly basis? I sent in my membership dues and signed that contract on the dotted line, just next to where that red guy with a pitchfork burned his signature onto it!:eek::oops::rolleyes::D

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Wait...why haven't I been invited to the drug and alcohol-fueled perverse sex-orgies on a nightly basis? I sent in my membership dues and signed that contract on the dotted line, just next to where that red guy with a pitchfork burned his signature onto it!:eek::oops::rolleyes::D

You probably haven't descended far enough into hell yet. You have to get access to the 3rd circle of hell before you are eligible for the nightly atheist orgies.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Err, just how does that compute? Exactly what form of hypocrisy is necessary to not believe in Jesus?

Hmmm, Let's see . . . . . .

Choice 1. All men are sinners,
Choice 2. All (men) lie
Choice 3. Some (men) are forgiven.​

I pick #2. "All men lie."

Hypocrites lie and liars are hypocrites.

This point of all lying is used in Romans 3 to justify the need for ALL persons to be transformed via the Christ.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Suit yourself, but I seldom feel any need to lie about anything, unless someone is wearing something particularly unflattering and asks my opinion on it, then if it is a girl, naturally I lie. Lying is otherwise for avoiding censure or gaining dishonestly, I am not accountable to anyone, my social network and peer group is very small. As a child lying was something I was easily fooled by, in my mind misrepresenting the truth is illogical, unless you have specific motives, which at that young age I was not so aware of the duplicity of people and their general lack of scruples.

So your stance is that when you break the Law, you always have justification. The issue is Heaven is a place where people do not compromise utopia. They never lie or in any way hurt others. To enter, then, requires life transformation. I STILL cannot enter Heaven today--I look forward to being ultimately transformed by Jesus Christ, because I have placed my trust in Him.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I choose this life I do know, not the next one I don't, which in all probability does not exist, and if it did exist it would be highly unlikely to be aptly described by anyone not dead. Heaven and Hell = Carrot and Stick. IMO.

I would heartily agree, but my experience aligns with the scriptures in that there are numerous benefits to trusting Christ now, in this life. Transformed marriages, dutiful and enthusiastic children. Health, wealth (true wealth), peace, long life, etc. Some blessings are conditional with God--but many unconditional promises in Christ are all yes and amen.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Hypocrites lie and liars are hypocrites.
Nah, this is simply daft. I know plenty of people, myself included, who have lied with not an iota of any accompanying hypocrisy.

You said

"in order to not believe in Christ, one must equally be a hypocrite."

And having made this claim You must know what it entails. SO!

Exactly what form of hypocrisy is necessary to not believe in Jesus?
Now, if you don't know, I'll assume you simply made it up, which others will probably conclude as well.

This point of all lying is used in Romans 3 to justify the need for ALL persons to be transformed via the Christ.
Err . . .Take the time to reread what you've said here. Still want to stick with it?

Corvus

So your stance is that when you break the Law, you always have justification
I am accountable to the law and it's representatives. Not any individual, bar myself. I don't see how you have inferred that misconstrued implication from my post.