• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is atheism a type of satanism?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This point of all lying is used in Romans 3 to justify the need for ALL persons to be transformed via the Christ.
I don't need this reversion (as I was once already "transformed"). Without Christ, my metamorphosis has me blossoming into someone I never could have been with Christ, someone who is not only happier and able to enjoy just being alive, but into a more caring and compassionate person, more patient, and even more forgiving. "Being molded in Christ" (as I was raised into his Church and couldn't have been transformed) left me with lots of pain and hurt, and I wanted nothing more than for god to end my misery.
Christ, for me, was a foreign object poisoning me and making me very ill. Getting him, his father, and the holy ghost out of my life has lead to health, happiness, and this path of "perverted abominable sin" I am on has even tremendously improved improved my relation with my mom. I used to have so many problems with my mom, but over this last year it has gotten so much better than anyone, including god, who would want me to go back to how things were and taking this newly developed relationship away from me (and her) is most certainly no god but only deserving of being called a devil.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Nah, this is simply daft. I know plenty of people, myself included, who have lied with not an iota of any accompanying hypocrisy.

You said

"in order to not believe in Christ, one must equally be a hypocrite."

And having made this claim You must know what it entails. SO!

Exactly what form of hypocrisy is necessary to not believe in Jesus?
Now, if you don't know, I'll assume you simply made it up, which others will probably conclude as well.

Err . . .Take the time to reread what you've said here. Still want to stick with it?

We can begin with "Complex specified information (such as in DNA) has never been shown to originate from anything other than intelligence," so that belief in mechanistic forces creating life is disobedience.

It is also hypocrisy to deny that one disobeys the prompting of conscience.

It is also hypocrisy to deny the prompting within to seek God.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I am accountable to the law and it's representatives. Not any individual, bar myself. I don't see how you have inferred that misconstrued implication from my post.

Sorry, but you stated you only do things like lying when you have valid reasons. I doubt this assertion of yours, reasonably.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What do you hope to transform into? What is it about being human that you dislike?

I will transform to a morally perfect human, one capable of living in a utopia without detracting from it. Detracting from a utopia takes away it's utopian nature.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I don't need this reversion (as I was once already "transformed"). Without Christ, my metamorphosis has me blossoming into someone I never could have been with Christ, someone who is not only happier and able to enjoy just being alive, but into a more caring and compassionate person, more patient, and even more forgiving. "Being molded in Christ" (as I was raised into his Church and couldn't have been transformed) left me with lots of pain and hurt, and I wanted nothing more than for god to end my misery.
Christ, for me, was a foreign object poisoning me and making me very ill. Getting him, his father, and the holy ghost out of my life has lead to health, happiness, and this path of "perverted abominable sin" I am on has even tremendously improved improved my relation with my mom. I used to have so many problems with my mom, but over this last year it has gotten so much better than anyone, including god, who would want me to go back to how things were and taking this newly developed relationship away from me (and her) is most certainly no god but only deserving of being called a devil.

Again, since the true Christ gives peace and the Bible warns of false Christs...

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Who asked you to go backwards in any relationship with anyone? Jesus empowers human relationships.

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
It is also hypocrisy to deny the prompting within to seek God.
There is no such internal prompting here, I find the idea of worshiping a God revolting and slightly pathetic. I am more than empowered and successful without resorting to prayer or article of faith. I certainly have absolutely no interest whatsoever in eternal life. Christianity has nothing to offer a reasonable person. Nothing to offer me anyway.

Last edited:

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
Christ, for me, was a foreign object poisoning me and making me very ill. Getting him, his father, and the holy ghost out of my life has lead to health, happiness, and this path of "perverted abominable sin" I am on has even tremendously improved improved my relation with my mom.
Keep at it, you don't need religion to make you a decent successful happy person. I left home at 17 because my mother's religious beliefs were causing me serious problems, my siblings dealt with it by converting to make her happy, I refused to do so, I felt like she had died. I still feel that way. She turned her back on me for God and her Church. She asked me if I was the antichrist once, after a terrible row. I never slept another night since under her roof, from that day on. On that day she lost me forever. If and when she realizes her folly, I will return and be her son again. Until that day, I will speak to her on the phone if I have to, but I will not visit. Twelve years have since passed and my resolution to stay away is as strong as ever.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who asked you to go backwards in any relationship with anyone? Jesus empowers human relationships.
You, pretty much. I was already a Christian. For me to be a Christian again, this would mean giving up the progress I have towards just getting a glimmer of light and life out of my eyes and going back to a hollow and empty life that left me yearning for death.
Again, since the true Christ gives peace and the Bible warns of false Christs...
That's what they all say about each other, despite all reading from the same book. That book detests me, despises me, calls me an abomination, says no good can come of me, calls me a fool, and for me there is no peace but misery and pain. A pain that is worse than five-day constipation, worse than cramping and bloating, worse than tearing ligaments; it was an emotional pain that ran so deep that not even being betrayed by friends and family can compare. Pains that left scars so deep that it would take several years just to start to repair that damage.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Keep at it, you don't need religion to make you a decent successful happy person.
If I made a "checklist" of the characteristics of the 15-year-old super religious me, and the 30-year-old wants nothing to do with religion me, they stand in clear and stark contrast to each other. So much that when I refer to my "past life," one of the few things that doesn't stand in total opposition is that I didn't actually die or get reborn, but 15-year-old me was hurled into such a downward spiral that the late-teens/early 20s me was not necessarily a good person, and I'm glad/fortunate I never got caught because I could have done some years in county or prison, as a felon had I been caught for certain things. But back then I just did not have a care or concern about my own life or wellbeing.
If it isn't apparent (as it may not be to some), the final "tally" of this checklist would reveal the 15-year-old me to be filled with negativity, bitterness, resentment, and anger (not all from the church, but a great deal stemmed from there), while the 30-year-old me is filled with smiles, giggles, and a level of happiness I never realized was possible or existed. I've also become so much more socially minded and aware. This would not have been possibly had I continued to rely on the Bible to instruct me on how to think and behave. It was nothing more than interacting with others that lead me to realize atheists aren't immoral, foolish, or evil, that homosexuals are not perverted abominations, and even the animosity I held towards all Christians and all of Christianity went away.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
There is no such internal prompting here, I find the idea of worshiping a God revolting and slightly pathetic. I am more than empowered and successful without resorting to prayer or article of faith. I certainly have absolutely no interest whatsoever in eternal life. Christianity has nothing to offer a reasonable person. Nothing to offer me anyway.

Okay, how will man make utopia apart from Jesus Christ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
a- theism
ex- christian

Hmmm
You do realize the two terms are not mutually exclusive or interchangeable, don't you? Many ex-Christians are Atheists, but some are Wiccan, some follow Thor, some became Muslim, and so on and so forth.
And, once again, I am not an Atheist, and I would appreciate it if you would acknowledge this instead of wrongfully and incorrectly placing the label on me. Just because I think the character of Jehovah is one of the most unreasonable, vicious, cruel, monstrous, and sadistic characters in all of literary history doesn't automatically make me (or anyone else who thinks the same) an Atheist.