• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran Threatens to Destroy Israel in 30 Minutes: Does this ...

Wasp

Even though in my opinion the Islamic Republic of Iran desperately needs nuclear weaponry to deter attacks by their enemies anyone who knows about the country knows that the hard liners there would go ballistic because Iranian Imans have issued very forceful fatwas against nuclear and chemical weaponry- they would see Iran possessing such no mind using them as stooping to the degraded ethical level of the Americans and the Zionists. In the Iran-Iraq war Iraq used chemical weaponry on Iran numerous times but the Revolutionary Guard never responded in kind. The current leader of Iran though is a "soft liner".
That sounds just a a little biased. Almost like you'd like to present an image of Iran that doesn't fit the reality.

Revolutionary Guard = government's own terrorists

That sounds just a a little biased. Almost like you'd like to present an image of Iran that doesn't fit the reality.

Revolutionary Guard = government's own terrorists

I have been to Iran twice and have friends there, have you visited it? Anyway from an anti-Iranian source:

Ayatollah Khomeini May Have Been Savage, But He Drew the Line at Nukes - FPIF

The Revolutionary Guard are a brilliant organization who don't just fight but do all sorts of other work aiding people through out the region, they have an ethos of sacrifice and service which obviously goes against the values of the majority of Americans, but never the less is inspiring to others.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have been to Iran twice and have friends there, have you visited it? Anyway from an anti-Iranian source:

The Revolutionary Guard are a brilliant organization who don't just fight but do all sorts of other work aiding people through out the region, they have an ethos of sacrifice and service which should obviously goes against the values of the majority of Americans, but never the less is inspiring to others.
Unfortunately, some of the sacrifice is imposed upon others.
Alas, that attitude also infects Ameristan.
We've more in common with Iran that our "patriots" would admit.

sooda

Veteran Member

The Revolutionary Guard are a brilliant organization who don't just fight but do all sorts of other work aiding people through out the region, they have an ethos of sacrifice and service which obviously goes against the values of the majority of Americans, but never the less is inspiring to others.

There aren't many imams in Iran.

sooda

Veteran Member
I want the Islamic Republic of Iran to acquire nuclear weaponry, let me make that very clear- however I know that their Religious scruples will get in the way. Khomeini's words from the grave still carry immense weight there.

The blog entry was five years old. Why didn't he tell Obama and the Saudis and the UN that he refused nuclear weapons?

The Mullahs and the Revolutionary Guard are VERY corrupt.. When Iran suffers financially , they don't.

Wasp

ISIS may be occasionally giving in charity too.. I wonder which one transports more sex slaves and drugs?:shrug:

Wasp

Imams are not considered infallible...… What are you trying to say?
Sorry the obscurity. I assumed you'd be familiar with the topic.

Iranians are mostly Shia Muslims - >most Shia Muslims are twelver Shias, meaning they believe in 12 imams sent to guide them. The imams are generally (not sure if there's variation to this and how much) considered infallible. So even if they had few imams they'd have the infallible imams according to them.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Iranian leadership is also pretty nutty about the end times.

Israel isn't served by killing Iranians. The Jewish population of Iran has steadily shrunk since Zionism and 1948, but there are still a lot of Jews in Iran and in general they are a prosperous bunch... Like the Jewish community in Bahrain.
From wikipedia: "The tiny Jewish community in Bahrain, numbering approximately 35 out of a total population of 700,000, can rarely muster a minyan required for prayer. Nevertheless, Bahrain is one of the only Arab countries in the Persian Gulf with any kind of Jewish community or synagogue."

sooda

Veteran Member
From wikipedia: "The tiny Jewish community in Bahrain, numbering approximately 35 out of a total population of 700,000, can rarely muster a minyan required for prayer. Nevertheless, Bahrain is one of the only Arab countries in the Persian Gulf with any kind of Jewish community or synagogue."

Yes, I know. Didn't you?

sooda

Veteran Member
Sorry the obscurity. I assumed you'd be familiar with the topic.

Iranians are mostly Shia Muslims - >most Shia Muslims are twelver Shias, meaning they believe in 12 imams sent to guide them. The imams are generally (not sure if there's variation to this and how much) considered infallible. So even if they had few imams they'd have the infallible imams according to them.

In Iran they would be Mullahs.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, I know. Didn't you?
Nope, just found out. You said, comparing the Jewish community in Iran with that in Bahrain, that in "general they are a prosperous bunch... Like the Jewish community in Bahrain."
35 Jews in Bahrain -- many more in Iran. So how much is the Jewish community in Iran like that in Bahrain?

sooda

Veteran Member
Nope, just found out. You said, comparing the Jewish community in Iran with that in Bahrain, that in "general they are a prosperous bunch... Like the Jewish community in Bahrain."
35 Jews in Bahrain -- many more in Iran. So how much is the Jewish community in Iran like that in Bahrain?

They aren't alike.. The numbers were much larger before 1948 and 1967. Shame what's happened since Jewish independence and the Lavon Affair.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I've seen the tourism brochure for Iran, too; but that is tourism. Also I've seen plenty of Americans with the qualities you only ascribe to Iranians. Perhaps you are misrepresenting us.