• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm pretty sure God is telling me to tell my sister...

Imnottoosure

Hello everyone I'm new here. I've. Been seeking God intensely for about 5 months now. I feel closer to god than ever but I have trouble hearing his voice. In my church the Pastor is preaching about plan and purpose and how we have to do things we don't want to because god is in control. I feel the a tugging in my gut to tell my sister that when we were younger I touched her in her sleep. I feel terrible about it and the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. This was over 10 years ago maybe even 12. I want to move forward but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to tell her. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I think you need to confess to your whole family what you did. Maybe even talk to your pastor.

Imnottoosure

If I may ask, how casual is your conversation with your sister these days?
These last 2 months we've been arguing a lot but prior to that we're really close. I'd do anything for her and vice versa which is why i don't wanna risk it but this feeling in the pit of my stomach is telling me to.

Kirran

Premium Member
Honestly, I don't know how wise it is. Would it help anybody? Would it help your sister?

As a 10-12 year old, a certain curiosity about human anatomy and about different bodies is quite natural - obviously this isn't the best way to express that, but there's a degree of blamelessness still applying to a kid that young.

You're not the same person you were as a 10-12 year old.

Imnottoosure

Honestly, I don't know how wise it is. Would it help anybody? Would it help your sister?

As a 10-12 year old, a certain curiosity about human anatomy and about different bodies is quite natural - obviously this isn't the best way to express that, but there's a degree of blamelessness still applying to a kid that young.

You're not the same person you were as a 10-12 year old.
This is true. She was seeking God until about the 2 months ago and thas when I started to feel the guilt, she started smoking again and dating women. I feel like it's somehow my fault

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
First of all a disclaimer is needed here: Internet discussion forums are not the right place for advice on this type of thing. You have no clue who we are and if our counsel is dependable.

Since you are asking I am going to assume that this has been eating at you for awhile, so either you could forgive yourself and move on or you could seek someone out you trust confess to them and get advice from them.

To be blunt, I would not worry too much what you did when you were 10 or 12. Kids have poor reasoning, poor judgment and make tons of mistakes. Maybe you feel you need to clear the air which is fine, but don't go hating yourself over it.

Last edited:

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
This is true. She was seeking God until about the 2 months ago and thas when I started to feel the guilt, she started smoking again and dating women. I feel like it's somehow my fault
Not to my knowledge. She's never made mention of it. But recently she said my father touched her in the past so maybe it's me she's thinking of but she was always sleep when I did it
I would see some sort of religious authority/counselor. I'll leave the conversation here because honestly, I don't have a Psychology degree. So how should I know?

Kirran

Premium Member

I don't see how it would be. If she's smoking, OK, that's not great, but if she needs to look for relationships and seek love there then she needs to be allowed to do that, sometimes you need to love people to open yourself up deeper to love for God, and romantic relationships can be a great context in which that happens. Those can be the little loves that act as your way into the greater love for God.