• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

• 99%

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 98%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 97%

• 96%

• 95%

• Other

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Timmy begs to differ

Attachments

• BCB0BE3F-02D2-4289-AECE-7CD271E2F3F2.jpeg
    BCB0BE3F-02D2-4289-AECE-7CD271E2F3F2.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 2

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
A place where so many souls torment and rot for all of eternity. Why would that be needed? Endless eons into the future of heaven I can't imagine anyone wanting to observe such a place and be fine and happy about it. On the contrary what would a repentant, and transformed Hitler be like. If I were God he would get exactly what he deserved, no more, no less. If God can do anything whatsoever then he would redeem the absolute worst creatures ever and make something out of them. Perhaps God would abolish their past lives, and make a new creature of them all. In some religions the uttermost souls get redeemed, why not them all?

danieldemol

Premium Member
If any should go to hell I believe it should be God for creating a place of eternal torment and for creating such souls as are worthy of it.

If that's not the hell you meant it would help if you described in detail precisely what hell is to you.

In my opinion.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It's a BIG IF.
I don't know, but in the extremely unlikely event that Christianity is true, and there is a classical heaven and hell, I think I would vastly prefer to go to hell than to heaven. Looks vastly less boring.

I am still not sure how to secure that against possible, albeit unlikely, conversions. So, maybe some Christians might like to help me there. Is there a thing like: once damned, always damned?

Ciao

- viole

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
for man kind .....its the grave
Agreed. The word hell in English is taken from the original words which mean grave. Death was the penalty given to Adam & Eve for their disobedience. God never said they would be tormented forever in some burning furnace, but that they would die. Nothing else. No torture, no blessing. Death. Back to dust they went.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Agreed. The word hell in English is taken from the original words which mean grave. Death was the penalty given to Adam & Eve for their disobedience. God never said they would be tormented forever in some burning furnace, but that they would die. Nothing else. No torture, no blessing. Death. Back to dust they went.
Well, there is possibly more to this, right? Gen 3:14.

And the Lord God said to the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon your belly shall you go, and dust shall you eat all the days of your life;

So if .... back to dust they went... and then.... the serpent gets fed? Depending on what happens inside the serpent, it could be little or a lot unpleasant.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Well, there is possibly more to this, right? Gen 3:14.

And the Lord God said to the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon your belly shall you go, and dust shall you eat all the days of your life;

So if .... back to dust they went... and then.... the serpent gets fed?
The serpent has been identified in the Christian Greek scriptures as the devil, and opposer of God. If you don't believe that, well, oh well and have a nice day.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's a BIG IF.

If it's the classic idea of eternal torture, then 0%.

It's simply immoral to hand out infinite punishment for finite crimes.

And even if it's just for a certain length of time, proportionate to the gravity of crimes, then still I consider it immoral.

Torture is always immoral. It's an evil act.
I don't see how that helps anyone.

I don't claim to have the answers, but I don't see how torture solves anything.