• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

• 99%

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 98%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 97%

• 96%

• 95%

• Other

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

FredVB

What hell is actually can't be understood, at least not by any of us not yet there, and maybe not by those who get there, who would only perceive what is immediate to them. Picturesque images were symbolic expressions which would not be the reality. God is always fair, as I am sure of with God's goodness. God provides the way not to go there. So who does? The remaining who are not repentant. I believe hell is not even in this universe, so it would be a realm outside of it, like some think other universes are. So we here can't know what hell is like, but just have symbols for it. What those going there will get will be fair for all ungodly things done here without repentance.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What hell is actually can't be understood, at least not by any of us not yet there, and maybe not by those who get there, who would only perceive what is immediate to them. Picturesque images were symbolic expressions which would not be the reality. God is always fair, as I am sure of with God's goodness. God provides the way not to go there. So who does? The remaining who are not repentant. I believe hell is not even in this universe, so it would be a realm outside of it, like some think other universes are. So we here can't know what hell is like, but just have symbols for it. What those going there will get will be fair for all ungodly things done here without repentance.
If you really study the bible, ask for God's help and blessing on what you are learning, you will be able to understand the concept. Hell is not the concept that many religions make it out to be.

River Sea

No one goes to hell

We all live forever

Unconditional Love Light lives in all of us, and when we allow light to teach us, light feeds us.

This is what I notice: when I allow the light to teach me, I feel the light feed me.

idea

Question Everything
God is going to hell. For being an absentee father, for being unjust, for murder, rape, lies.

Humans are not at fault (attribution error), God is
Fundamental attribution error - Wikipedia

Nature/nurture - not free will - everyone just follows their DNA and environment - nature/nurture is all on god.

YoursTrue

When Lazarus was resurrected, his body was on the grave, or tomb. He didn't say oh my, I was having such a good time in heaven, why did you bring me back? No, he was in God's memory and Jesus brought him back to 'life' from the tomb/grave/hell.

YoursTrue

No one goes to hell

We all live forever

Unconditional Love Light lives in all of us, and when we allow light to teach us, light feeds us.

This is what I notice: when I allow the light to teach me, I feel the light feed me.
So sorry but the Bible does not show we will all live forever anywhere. Some will not live forever.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Been there, not nice.

That's real hell in real life, not the Dante Alighieri and Hieronymus Bosch interpretations everyone seems to think is biblical

YoursTrue

It doesn't matter what I think.

Modern abrahamics are going to hell that they invented.
It doesn't matter what anyone invents. Because God's standards don't change and there IS no torture or discomfort in what is termed as hell. Because when one dies, he feels/thinks nothing. That is why when Lazarus was resurrected by Jesus, he did not say, "Oh, my, I really liked heaven." Because -- he was dead for at least 3 days...

YoursTrue

Been there, not nice.

That's real hell in real life, not the Dante Alighieri and Hieronymus Bosch interpretations everyone seems to think is biblical
I don't think it's biblical. In fact I have learned those descriptions are unbiblical. I know Dante's layers but haven't read about Bosch and don't think I want to do so now anyway. Maybe I will but I have learned what the Bible says. I wrote my term paper for literature in college about Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and the instructor was apparently an elderly Catholic and I knew nothing much about the Bible but thought the description of these pilgrimages were absolutely crazy and said so. Not in so many words. (She failed me, lolol...) Now I would describe it in a different way. :) I have a smile on my face, thanks for the reminder. :) It was discouraging at the time but I'm glad you reminded me. :)

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
0%

No person, not even someone as evil as a serial killer, deserves to be tortured. Hell as a concept of punishment is pointless

YoursTrue

It's a pact I made with the gods.
Eve and Adam made a pact with what is called the god of this world. They and we suffer the penalty for them making that pact. What do you think Gehenna is?