• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

If there is a hell, what percentage of humans should go there?

• 99%

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 98%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 97%

• 96%

• 95%

• Other

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
In reference to HELL and hell-FIRE, here are two translations, I'd like to know why you think they are different, or if they are different? Matthew 5:22 - New International Version "But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." Here it obviously speaks of FIRE OF HELL. Not such a good thing I guess. But the Berean Literal Translation speaks of the Gehenna of fire -- why the difference do you think?: "but I say to you that everyone who is angry at his brother without cause will be in danger of the judgment, and whoever may say to his brother, Stupid, will be in danger of the Sanhedrin, and whoever may say, Moron, will be in danger of the Gehenna of fire."
Aside from other differences, one says Gehenna of fire, the other says fire of hell. Any idea what Gehenna is? And what hell is?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There is nothing in the Bible that says dead bodies will rise from their graves and come back to life.

Wait a minute, I brought you the verse that clearly says it. I brought you the hebrew, and a dictionary entry to prove it. So why are you denying it exists? I'm not asking you to believe it. I'm not asking you to understand it literally. But I am asking you to accurately speak about the Bible. Isaiah 26:19 clearly says dead bodies will rise from their graves and come back to life.

Your dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; for your dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the shades of the dead.​
You can call it superstition. You can call it absurd. But saying it doesn't exist simply isn't true.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Wait a minute, I brought you the verse that clearly says it. I brought you the hebrew, and a dictionary entry to prove it. So why are you denying it exists? I'm not asking you to believe it. I'm not asking you to understand it literally. But I am asking you to accurately speak about the Bible. Isaiah 26:19 clearly says dead bodies will rise from their graves and come back to life.

Your dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; for your dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the shades of the dead.​
You can call it superstition. You can call it absurd. But saying it doesn't exist simply isn't true.
To me, it makes sense that God knows everything about our bodies, the good and the bad parts, meaning those genetics that are not helpful to our existence, and He will heal these things in the future. He can and will bring back (resurrect) us in whatever form He wants, meaning you will know who you are, you will look like you, and I will know who I am, meaning I will know it's me. This is in part for those He blesses to live on the earth in the future, bringing them back in bodily form from the dead. (or grave.)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In the context of what is in my post world means Earth, since this world is Earth.

Yes agree, in the sense that this world can refer to Earth, but also vice versa.
Genesis 11:1 (KJV) mentions the Earth as being of one language. ( we know the Earth does Not literally speak )
Then, in verse 6 it mentions 'people' as having one language.
At verse 9 the ' language of the whole Earth ' is mentioned.
Society of people is found at Psalm 96:1-3 After all, the Earth does Not literally sing.
In Zephaniah's day it spoke about a future on Earth in connection to a pure language on Earth which would be for people.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How are these bodies raised to the surface?
Answer: Matthew 27:51 and 54 the 'earthquake' exposed those corpses.
Verses 53 takes place days later (after that earth quaking) and is about living people coming out of the cemetery after Jesus was resurrected
Remember: Jesus was Not resurrected on the day he died.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
It depends on the population when the world ends according to the New Testament. 144000 from the 12 tribes of Isarael. Today that would be 1,728,000/8,000,000,000 = .02% of the population going to Heaven leaving 99.98% going to Hell. Even though we don't have the exact population for the final days. It's pretty clear not too many people get into Heaven.