• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Rich needs to pay their fair share in taxes, Biden needs a mirror then.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
On your added bit at the end: start by cutting, say, 500 billion dollars from the military budget. Let's close a few hundred of our military bases straddling the globe as part of that. Agree?
I don't think I said "cut" but rather "hold the spending until the taxes catches up". Or, if cutting is the answer... cut an equal percentage across the board - every department.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The article already mentioned that. It seems however, one can look good upfront, and be slick behind the curtain.
Do you know one really easy way to do that?

By refusing to disclose your tax returns.*

*despite making it a campaign promise

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The fact no one so far on the left is complaining themselves, that Biden is doing the very same thing that gets criticized on part of the right, speaks volumes in its own peculiar way.
This story is less than a day old, and even your source doesn't ACTUALLY claim Biden owes anything - just that he MAY. The report doesn't even name him.

I have seen lots of leftwing commentators criticize Biden since long before his presidency, and continuing to do so now. I feel your point here is very dishonest.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It sourced the IRS as providing the information.
Heh... no, it actually didn't.

Here's the link to the report referenced by the article in your OP:

https://www.scribd.com/document/527...sation-to-S-Corporation-Shareholder-Employees

A few things to note about it:

- it didn't come from the IRS.
- it doesn't make any conclusions about how much back taxes Biden might owe.
- it doesn't even mention Biden by name or give any details at all about his own circumstances.

What the memo - from the Congressional Research Service, not the IRS - is actually about:

- it answers a question (from a staffer in Representative Jim Banks's office, apparently) about whether the IRS's Presidential Audit Program only reviews returns from the President's term in office.
- it gives general information about how the IRS chooses which S corporations to audit.
- it mentions a few issues that have cropped up in past audits of S corporations (none related to the President).

So... why do you think the New York Post misrepresented the content of the memo?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

sounds like a win situation. if the bill passes then he too would be paying greater taxes. I don't think that is hypocritical.

It is long past due for the rich to be paying their fair share of the taxes. Those who have should expect to be role models and not exceptions. The rich have lobbyists to help them redistribute the wealth into their best interests.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
sounds like a win situation. if the bill passes then he too would be paying greater taxes. I don't thy that is hypocritical.

It is long past due for the rich to be paying their fair share of the taxes. Those who have should expect to be role models and not exceptions. The rich have lobbyists to help them redistribute the wealth into their best interests.
That's just the thing. Saying it is good PR. A dog and pony show for the public.

Actually doing it imo , they, meaning both Republicans and Democrats, will never let that fly.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you lead by example and others follow, you are a leader.
If you lead by example and nobody follows, you are a fool.
Better make sure others have to follow.
A noble description of the modern politician.