• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Rich needs to pay their fair share in taxes, Biden needs a mirror then.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Your hypocrisy stems from your constant need to criticize the sitting president for doing things that are a fraction as egregious as the Orange Clown you rarely if ever criticized.
Better an orange clown than a bumbling creepy dementia ridden disaster at the helm.

Looks like a win win for today's modern America.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You edited your post and it does not match your later claims. I doubt if you will see your error.

You said this:

"Regular year - 58% pay for all the taxes... same issue."

The article was not about all the taxes. Have you ever ran a business?

Sorry - same middle finger but the wrong hand - 8 and 3

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I admire Biden, well done to his talk to the UN, especially about the world stepping up and becoming united in their efforts towards peace and the health of the planet.

He is doing a great job in very difficult very anarchist based times.

The balance between the extreme rich and extreme poor needs to be addressed.

I for one will not throw the first stone, it appears many are thinking they are without sin and can throw the first stone, good luck with that.

Regards Tony

Twilight Hue

I admire Biden, well done to his talk to the UN, especially about the world stepping up and becoming united in their efforts towards peace and the health of the planet.

He is doing a great job in very difficult very anarchist based times.

The balance between the extreme rich and extreme poor needs to be addressed.

I for one will not throw the first stone, it appears many are thinking they are without sin and can throw the first stone, good luck with that.

Regards Tony
I'm sure the women in Afghanistan appreciate everything Biden has done towards improving the life in their country.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm sure the women in Afghanistan appreciate everything Biden has done towards improving the life in their country.

America did a good thing that will enable the women of Afghanistan to initiate the movement towards lasting change.

Go on all those that fought for those rights.

I see it is dishonouring all those that made that sacrifice in degrading what they have achieved.

That a few angry men remain, is not the fault of those that served or of Americans that fight for global peace amongst all nations.

These hateful posts, directed at America's elected leader, help no one.

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
but we can continue on the strawman if you like instead of the issue.
You don't appear to understand what a strawman is. You cannot say that people do not pay taxes when they contribute to quite a few different taxes. You should have been more specific. It appears that you want to portray the poor as free loaders.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
You don't appear to understand what a strawman is. You cannot say that people do not pay taxes when they contribute to quite a few different taxes. You should have been more specific. It appears that you want to portray the poor as free loaders.

Apparently you don't understand what a strawman is,... you just presented another one.

Twilight Hue

America did a good thing that will enable the women of Afghanistan to initiate the movement towards lasting change.

Go on all those that fought for those rights.

I see it is dishonouring all those that made that sacrifice in degrading what they have achieved.

That a few angry men remain, is not the fault of those that served or of Americans that fight for global peace amongst all nations.

These hateful posts, directed at America's elected leader, help no one.

Regards Tony
I guess karma will have to take its course to find out.

Heyo

Veteran Member
As my post suggested... the case isn't more money - it is less spending...
Good point. I think we can all get behind that. Less and also different.

The US is spending more on wars and preparation for wars than the next 10 biggest spenders combined. A point of disagreement between Trump and the European countries was military spending. He insisted they spend 2% of their GDP. I think that is much too high but let's go with that number for now.
Do we agree that the US should cut spending on the military down to at least 2 % of GDP?

Kenny

Premium Member
Good point. I think we can all get behind that. Less and also different.

The US is spending more on wars and preparation for wars than the next 10 biggest spenders combined. A point of disagreement between Trump and the European countries was military spending. He insisted they spend 2% of their GDP. I think that is much too high but let's go with that number for now.
Do we agree that the US should cut spending on the military down to at least 2 % of GDP?

If the current amount is 3.7% (If my information is correct) - and we reduce it to 2% - it is a reduction of 46%. - I am OK with it if we reduced every other category by the same amount. I think the US would go into shock - but the shock is coming whether we like it or not.

Our current debt is 28,000,000,000,000. What Is the U.S. National Debt Right Now — and Why Is It So High?
Our current interest is FOR THIS YEAR is 524,000,000,000. Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

That is A LOT of medical insurance for all. Interest alone would pay for it. (If you are into insurance for all)

So..... yes, bring it all on.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Get back to me when you have a real question.
Why? You made errors, I made them obvious. You may have had an agenda. You may have even hidden it from yourself.

Meanwhile you could not even identify the "strawman" that you claimed to exist. I asked you about that and you ran away. That supported my claim that there was none.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If the current amount is 3.7% (If my information is correct) - and we reduce it to 2% - it is a reduction of 46%. - I am OK with it if we reduced every other category by the same amount. I think the US would go into shock - but the shock is coming whether we like it or not.

Our current debt is 28,000,000,000,000. What Is the U.S. National Debt Right Now — and Why Is It So High?
Our current interest is FOR THIS YEAR is 524,000,000,000. Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

That is A LOT of medical insurance for all. Interest alone would pay for it. (If you are into insurance for all)

So..... yes, bring it all on.
Debt can be a complex issue. And it is not all bad. What we need to do is to avoid excessive debt. It all relies upon the cost of money.

Let me explain. If housing prices are increasing by 15% a year but the cost of a loan is only 5% a year it makes more sense to continually get into more debt as long as one can make the payments. One's wealth will grow faster than one's debt does. I do believe that quite a few millionaires understand this concept. Once one starts investing in housing as a method of making money plowing more money back into it, often in the form of loans, only increases one's wealth.

So just claiming that "debt is bad" is naive. Due to the pandemic our debt increased too quickly. That could easily result in some strong inflation. Which many do not realize is actually a tax. It is a tax on wealth when it is just held as money and not goods and property.

I can understand how people freak out about debt, but if managed it is not a problem, it is an asset. If our government did not have the debt that it has our standard of living would actually be lower. I am far from being an expert so I have no idea what the ideal annual deficit would be. But we actually want a deficit for optimal growth.

QuestioningMind

Maybe you should explore the reason why they act that way.

I've been doing my research and I've come up with three possibilities.

1. They are so truly ignorant and uneducated that they actually believe everything that the Orange Clown says and truly believe that the election was stolen and that the My Pillow guy is a genius. They're also likely to be QAnon followers
2. After January they finally realized that their Great Leader was genuinely a psychotic moron who attempted to overthrow our nations legitimate election, but after 4 years of supporting the idiot their egos are too fragile to admit it, so now they try and down-play his traitorous activities or pretend like they didn't even happen.
3. They are among the Anti-American fascists who adore the Orange Clown because he helped legitimize their bigotry and hatred and are looking forward to eventually having their armed insurrection.