• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Rich needs to pay their fair share in taxes, Biden needs a mirror then.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/18/61p...ome-taxes-in-2020-tax-policy-center-says.html

If 61% of the people in the US didn't pay federal taxes, ergo the top 49% paid all the taxes, should we be saying instead "we need to raise the taxes on the lower income brackets?"

(It usually is around 47% - which is still quite substantial)

Or are you saying "Only the top tier should pay all the taxes?"

OR

Should we actually be saying "THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STOP SPENDING MORE MONEY UNTIL THE TAXES CATCHES UP TO THE EXPENESES"
61% + 49% = 110%. And no, your own article pointed out that this was an exceptional year. Hmm, I wonder why:shrug:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, your denial is quite evident, since we never once saw a post from you complaining about how the Orange Clown fought so hard to get a huge tax break for the rich while fighting to keep his own taxes a secret.
I don't mind tax breaks as long as it's being shared across the board

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's just the thing. Saying it is good PR. A dog and pony show for the public.

Actually doing it imo , they, meaning both Republicans and Democrats, will never let that fly.
you went from one thing to another. i think you've already made up your mind; so why did you start a thread?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Please do point out where you posted complaining about the grossly disproportionate share of tax cuts that the rich received during the Trump years.
It's your job to look in the archives. I don't have the patience to devolve through the drudge.

I will give you a hint however:

I made threads in the past about the inequality of wealth distribution particularly involving fortune 500 companies that paid 0 taxes.

QuestioningMind

It's your job to look in the archives. I don't have the patience to devolve through the drudge.

I will give you a hint however:

I made threads in the past about the inequality of wealth distribution particularly involving fortune 500 companies that paid 0 taxes.

Your hypocrisy stems from your constant need to criticize the sitting president for doing things that are a fraction as egregious as the Orange Clown you rarely if ever criticized.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yep, but again one never tries to make a case with an extreme anomally.
As my post suggested... the case isn't more money - it is less spending... no anomaly, whether R or D - it is spend more and more and then cry and cry that there isn't enough money.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As my post suggested... the case isn't more money - it is less spending... no anomaly, whether R or D - it is spend more and more and then cry and cry that there isn't enough money.
It could be. But again, one never uses an extreme anomaly to supports one case. If one can show how that one year was extremely unusual it effectively refutes your argument. NOw think really hard. was there an event in 2020 that could have affected how much money that people earned?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It could be. But again, one never uses an extreme anomaly to supports one case. If one can show how that one year was extremely unusual it effectively refutes your argument. NOw think really hard. was there an event in 2020 that could have affected how much money that people earned?
Regular year - 58% pay for all the taxes... same issue.