• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Chinese people were Muslims, we would not have Covid -19!!

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I would start by saying that I like the Chinese people very much.

Indeed, during my higher studies, I Used to live with Chinese people, who are really very very friendly.

Also, prophet Muhammad said, seek knowledge even if it is in China. This saying reflects the high consideration of the ancient Chinese wisdom.

However, lately I have been thinking of this somewhat weird Idea :flushed: :

"If the Chinese people were Muslims, we would not have Covid -19!!” Since as you all know, In Islam humans are not allowed to eat bats, and are not allowed to eat many other infectious food stuff.

Yes I know there are many other religions have similar teachings, so this may be applied to these other religions too. Although, we know that Muslims in general tend to practice their religion very much.

What is your take on this matter?

And I apologize to anyone who sees this offensive.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Indeed, during my higher studies, I Used to live with Chinese people, who are really very very friendly.

Also, prophet Muhammad said, seek knowledge even if it is in China. This saying reflects the high consideration of the ancient Chinese wisdom.

"If the Chinese people were Muslims, we would not have Covid -19!!” Since as you all know, In Islam humans are not allowed to eat bats, and are not allowed to eat many other infectious food stuff.

Yes I know there are many other religions have similar teachings, so this may be applied to these other religions too. Although, we know that Muslims in general tend to practice their religion very much.

No, but muslims eat camels. We would have MERS instead, which is far nastier. Middle East respiratory syndrome - Wikipedia

Eyes to See

It is amazing how filthy some people can be. When I was in high school I worked cleaning a Payless Drugstore (they're called Rite Aid now, I don't know if they're still around. I don't go to the United States much anymore) before school. Got up 4:30 every morning was at work by 5:15 and finished by 7:30 when I went to school which started at 7:45. All throughout high school. Parents didn't pay for my school materials or clothes. I worked for it all myself. And have always been a hard worker ever since.

Anyway I could tell you some horror stories of having to clean that place, especially the public restrooms. I think the worst experience was finding a pair of huge underwear I mean huge, must have been a size 50, filled with diarrhea. And the diarrhea was in the toilet and smeared all over the walls, and the floor, the stench was horrible. I wanted to vomit, I think I did vomit. I don't remember though.

It is beyond my imagination how disgustingly filthy human beings can be. Ask anyone in cleaning and they can give you horror stories I am sure. The unsanitary conditions in China are not unique to them.

Altfish

Veteran Member

It is also unlikely it would start in a Muslim country because Islam restricts, frowns upon science and innovation.

danieldemol

Premium Member

And yet plenty of Shia Iranian Muslims caught covid-19, so they may not have had the laboratory study of bat diseases to catch it from initially, but once it caught on Allah did not protect Muslims from it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps we would have different problems?

Organ donation: 'Mum said we don't do it. So we don't'

A law change meant every adult in England automatically became a donor, unless they specifically said otherwise. Before, people had to register to become an organ donor, now people have to register to say they don't want to be one. It's hoped the change in the law, which is already in place in Wales, will save around 700 lives a year. But people are opting out and a lot of them are black and Asian. Kinzah is a 24-year-old Muslim and said she removed herself from the organ donation list because of the way she interprets her religion.

Well, not a donor, then why expect a donated organ?

"We believe the body is an Amana, which is a trust. And by that we mean, the way we are born we are meant to go back to God. We are not allowed to give our organs away because that's breaking the trust that we've been given." But Kinzah said she would take an organ if she needed one. "This is my personal conscience debate."

How can one accept an organ when you were not born with it - it being alien to you? Seems hypocritical, and just another example of religious selectivity. Why not try to have some semblance of consistency, but which might then see many questioning their religious beliefs more perhaps.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Nothing to do with religion. Zoonoses all to do with global industrial food industry.

Is factory farming to blame for coronavirus?

>>>

"It’s true, in other words, that an expanding human population pushing into previously undisturbed ecosystems has contributed to the increasing number of zoonoses – human infections of animal origin – in recent decades. That has been documented for Ebola and HIV, for example. But behind that shift has been another, in the way food is produced. Modern models of agribusiness are contributing to the emergence of zoonoses."

MJFlores

upload_2020-7-5_16-45-31.jpeg
upload_2020-7-5_16-45-53.jpeg
images

The scientists also demonstrated that SARS-CoV-2’s entire RBM was introduced through recombination with coronaviruses from pangolins. Together, evolutionary selection and frequent recombination among coronaviruses from bats, pangolins, and humans may have allowed the closely related viruses to readily jump between species, the authors postulate, leading to the introduction of SARS-CoV-2 in humans.

symmetry-12-00651-g001.png

Bats, Pangolins and Humans: COVID-19 Virus Likely Emerged From Recombination of Viral Genes Across Different Species

So Covid 19 did not came from bats alone, Covid 19 needed the participation of pangolins and humans to complete its inception. If the whole of China was Islamic, Covid 19 would still be very possible if not in China, it would be in Indonesia.

0209.pangolin.Indonesia-exotic-meat-TRAFFIC.568.jpg

Islamic clerics issue ‘fatwa’ against poaching, declare the illegal wildlife trade ‘haram’

giphy.gif

exchemist

Veteran Member
All animals can be infectious sometimes. This is another story.
It is difficult for some people to be unbiased.
I agree all animals can be a source of infection.

That is really my point. There is no place to feel complacent that SARS-Cov-2 would not have arisen in a Muslim country, since we could have had something else instead that was just as bad or worse.

By the way, MERS came from bats too, most likely. You don't need to eat bats to catch diseases that originate from them.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

:)

IMO:
Not so weird. I had a similar idea. 1 year ago in Holland and other countries they wanted women not to cover their face. The ironi
Covering your face is not such a bad idea we know now. In Holland they tell all people now to wear a scarf when going outside

Since I read about Buddha and non-violence, I decided to stop eating meat (products that require animals to be killed). My Master explained "Eating meat might give diseases caused by parasites ... after ingestion they travel to your organs and brains even".

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are many Muslims in China.
My wife's father's side of the family are.
(A 2 syllable family name is a giveway.)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

If China were Hindu, and pure vegetarians, we wouldn't have any of these viruses. These come when people live in close proximity with these animals which are bread for food, whether they are bats, or camels, pigs, or cows, fowl, etc.

Islam does not forbid living with and eating of animals, so that would not stop these from happening. The Hindus got it right. Not so much, the rest of us. Perhaps it's time to give up eating animals? ;)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Viruses spread every which way. Even from humans to animals. Some even find their way back again in more virulent form.. there is no way to stop this.
It is the nature of viruses.
Pandemics are inevitable.
The next one might start in the USA it is impossible to know.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
This is a nice theory but still a theory since it has not been proven it came from eating a bat. Actually there was much talk in the Chinese scientific (medical) community about a strong possibility that it came from an infected worker at the lab in Wuhan that spread it to the wild food market. And I say “there was” because shortly after that discussion the PRC closed down much of the Chinese social media outlets