• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus returned to this world, how would you know it was Jesus?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Here's a selection: 17:49-52; 19:66-68; 75:1-4; 79:10-12; 81:1-14; 86:5-9.
Thanks. I went through those verses one by one. Below is what they say.

The_Fisher_King said:
The Qur'an talks of a physical resurrection of the dead, when souls will be joined with physical bodies.

I don't see anything that says that souls will be joined with physical bodies. What verses do you believe indicate that will be the case?

``````````````````````````
17:49-52; Sahih International
And they say, "When we are bones and crumbled particles, will we [truly] be resurrected as a new creation?"

Say, "Be you stones or iron

Or [any] creation of that which is great within your breasts." And they will say, "Who will restore us?" Say, "He who brought you forth the first time." Then they will nod their heads toward you and say, "When is that?" Say, "Perhaps it will be soon -

On the Day He will call you and you will respond with praise of Him and think that you had not remained [in the world] except for a little."

19:66-68; Sahih International

And the disbeliever says, "When I have died, am I going to be brought forth alive?"
Does man not remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?
So by your Lord, We will surely gather them and the devils; then We will bring them to be present around Hell upon their knees.

75:1-4; Sahih International

I swear by the Day of Resurrection
And I swear by the reproaching soul [to the certainty of resurrection].
Does man think that We will not assemble his bones?
Yes. [We are] Able [even] to proportion his fingertips.

79:10-12; Sahih International

They are [presently] saying, "Will we indeed be returned to [our] former state [of life]?

Even if we should be decayed bones?

They say, "That, then, would be a losing return."

81:1-14; Sahih International

When the sun is wrapped up [in darkness]
And when the stars fall, dispersing,
And when the mountains are removed
And when full-term she-camels are neglected
And when the wild beasts are gathered
And when the seas are filled with flame
And when the souls are paired
And when the girl [who was] buried alive is asked
For what sin she was killed
And when the pages are made public
And when the sky is stripped away
And when Hellfire is set ablaze
And when Paradise is brought near,
A soul will [then] know what it has brought [with it].

86:5-9. Sahih International

So let man observe from what he was created.
He was created from a fluid, ejected,
Emerging from between the backbone and the ribs.
Indeed, Allah , to return him [to life], is Able.
The Day when secrets will be put on trial,

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
17:49-52; Sahih International
And they say, "When we are bones and crumbled particles, will we [truly] be resurrected as a new creation?"

Say, "Be you stones or iron

Or [any] creation of that which is great within your breasts." And they will say, "Who will restore us?" Say, "He who brought you forth the first time." Then they will nod their heads toward you and say, "When is that?" Say, "Perhaps it will be soon -

On the Day He will call you and you will respond with praise of Him and think that you had not remained [in the world] except for a little."

So in Islam, human life comprises a soul and a physical body (15:28-29). In the above verses, Allah gives the example of someone who questions how will it be possible to be brought back to life when we have been reduced to bones and fragments. Allah's response is that whatever we have been reduced to, as Allah created us the first time (with a soul and a physical body), so Allah will recreate us anew (resurrect us with a physical body).

And the disbeliever says, "When I have died, am I going to be brought forth alive?"
So by your Lord, We will surely gather them and the devils; then We will bring them to be present around Hell upon their knees.

Similarly, Allah here reminds the disbeliever that as man was created before, so he will be created again.

In these verses, Allah is telling us that He will reassemble the human being physically and is Able to put together in perfect order even the tips of a human's fingers.

They are [presently] saying, "Will we indeed be returned to [our] former state [of life]?

Here Allah indicates that we will indeed be returned to our former state of life (comprising a soul and a physical body).

81:1-14; Sahih International

When the sun is wrapped up [in darkness]
And when the stars fall, dispersing,
And when the mountains are removed
And when full-term she-camels are neglected
And when the wild beasts are gathered
And when the seas are filled with flame
And when the souls are paired
And when the girl [who was] buried alive is asked
For what sin she was killed
And when the pages are made public
And when the sky is stripped away
And when Hellfire is set ablaze
And when Paradise is brought near,
A soul will [then] know what it has brought [with it].

Rather than 'And when the souls are paired' above, I prefer the translation 'And when the souls shall be joined with their bodies'.

Allah here refers to how a human being was created and that He will indeed return him to life on the Day of Resurrection.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So in Islam, human life comprises a soul and a physical body (15:28-29). In the above verses, Allah gives the example of someone who questions how will it be possible to be brought back to life when we have been reduced to bones and fragments. Allah's response is that whatever we have been reduced to, as Allah created us the first time (with a soul and a physical body), so Allah will recreate us anew (resurrect us with a physical body).

And they will say, "Who will restore us?" Say, "He who brought you forth the first time."

I do not see anything about a physical body in these verses. Why would God restore us to a physical body unless we were going to live on earth forever? A physical body is by definition mortal, so it cannot “live forever.”
Trailblazer said:

Similarly, Allah here reminds the disbeliever that as man was created before, so he will be created again.
I agree that we will have a new body but not a physical body, because a physical body will not last forever in heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:40-54 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

Read full chapter
Trailblazer said:

In these verses, Allah is telling us that He will reassemble the human being physically and is Able to put together in perfect order even the tips of a human's fingers.
That is not what the verses say. It says We are Able, it does not say that is what is going to happen.
Trailblazer said:

Here Allah indicates that we will indeed be returned to our former state of life (comprising a soul and a physical body).
It does not say that we will have a soul and a physical body, that is how you have interpreted it, what you believe it means.
Rather than 'And when the souls are paired' above, I prefer the translation 'And when the souls shall be joined with their bodies'.
I believe that the soul will be joined with a body but it won’t be a physical body, it will be a spiritual body. That is what the New Testament says (as noted above) and also what the Baha’i Writings say.

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194
Trailblazer said:

Allah here refers to how a human being was created and that He will indeed return him to life on the Day of Resurrection.
I agree we will be returned to life, but the physical body is not needed for life anywhere but in this world. In the next world we will have a spiritual body since it is a spiritual world.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
No you are not commanded by Christ to reject any other claim. You just twist the meaning of the verses so you can believe that
I'm literally told that if someone says "Here is Christ", don't believe them. That's the whole point of

You're the one trying to destroy all meaning of the verses because your guy obviously doesn't fit the clearly delineated requirements.

of him also MEANS THERE ARE TWO MEN INVOLVED.
Of course there are. Jesus, and the man who is now ashamed of Him.

None of that matters though. What matters are the titles and authorities Baha'u'llah claimed for himself.
Before we go further, to see if I understand you I'm going to lay out a few points as I believe you have expressed them, maybe you'll see something where I'm wrong and understand why I find your stance confused:

Jesus never said He was coming back. There is no second coming, that's a misunderstanding.
The Son of Man isn't Jesus, because Jesus won't be on Earth again.
But, Jesus did say that He would have a new name.
But, this wasn't actually Jesus's new name, it was another person who had their own original name.
Baha'u'llah is not Jesus.
Baha'u'llah is not the Son of Man.
Baha'u'llah is the return of the Son of Man.
Baha'u'llah is the Christ.
Baha'u'llah is not the Christ of "when someone says Christ is here or there, don't believe them".
Baha'u'llah is actually the one who will come again at some point and rule an eternal earthly kingdom.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
And they will say, "Who will restore us?" Say, "He who brought you forth the first time."

I do not see anything about a physical body in these verses. Why would God restore us to a physical body unless we were going to live on earth forever? A physical body is by definition mortal, so it cannot “live forever.”

I agree that we will have a new body but not a physical body, because a physical body will not last forever in heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:40-54 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,[c] this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory.[d]

Read full chapter

That is not what the verses say. It says We are Able, it does not say that is what is going to happen.

It does not say that we will have a soul and a physical body, that is how you have interpreted it, what you believe it means.

I believe that the soul will be joined with a body but it won’t be a physical body, it will be a spiritual body. That is what the New Testament says (as noted above) and also what the Baha’i Writings say.

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194

I agree we will be returned to life, but the physical body is not needed for life anywhere but in this world. In the next world we will have a spiritual body since it is a spiritual world.

Allah says He brought us forth (with a soul and physical body) the first time, and will restore us - a restoration is to the form we previously had, that of a soul and physical body.

Who said that a physical body has to be by definition mortal? Allah is Perfectly Capable of creating a physical body that will last forever. And it is only with a physical body that we will be able to enjoy all the physical pleasures of Heaven (if we end up there) or to feel all the physical punishments of Hell (if we end up there) that Allah has detailed through extensive very specific physical descriptions in the Qur'an.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Allah says He brought us forth (with a soul and physical body) the first time, and will restore us - a restoration is to the form we previously had, that of a soul and physical body.

Who said that a physical body has to be by definition mortal? Allah is Perfectly Capable of creating a physical body that will last forever. And it is only with a physical body that we will be able to enjoy all the physical pleasures of Heaven (if we end up there) or to feel all the physical punishments of Hell (if we end up there) that Allah has detailed through extensive very specific physical descriptions in the Qur'an.
I believe that those physical descriptions in the Qur'an are allegorical, not literal. They are ways to get people to believe on and obey God, hoping for such a reward in Heaven.

I believe that Qur'an is from God because Baha'u'llah made that clear in no uncertain terms but since I have not read the Qur'an I cannot really say much more.

“Say: Perused ye not the Qur’án? Read it, that haply ye may find the Truth, for this Book is verily the Straight Path. This is the Way of God unto all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth. If ye have been careless of the Qur’án, the Bayán cannot be regarded to be remote from you. Behold it open before your eyes. Read ye its verses, that perchance ye desist from committing that which will cause the Messengers of God to mourn and lament.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 44

Obviously that is what you believe and I am not going to try to talk you out of it. I believe enjoying physical pleasures is for this world only and it ends when we die physically. Christians also believe this so it is not just a Baha'i belief. As Jesus said, being 'born again' has nothing to do with the flesh, the flesh profits nothing. I do not understand how Muslims can revere Jesus and wait for His return when they do not even believe what He said in the New Testament. I know Muslims believe that the Gospel has been corrupted but even though it might not be entirely accurate it is the only record we have of what Jesus said.

Looking forward to enjoying physical pleasures such as we have in this world is the polar opposite of what Jesus said we should be doing. I do not believe in a being called Satan, I believe that Jesus was referring to our lower selfish desires that stem from our physical nature in the following verses.

Matthew 16:23-26 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I have discovered that people believe what they want to believe, according to what they are looking forward to, so there is not point arguing with people because desire is a try force, much stronger than reason.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
I believe that Qur'an is from God because Baha'u'llah made that clear in no uncertain terms but since I have not read the Qur'an I cannot really say much more.

I'd recommend having a crack at reading the Qur'an sometime :).

I do not understand how Muslims can revere Jesus and wait for His return when they do not even believe what He said in the New Testament. I know Muslims believe that the Gospel has been corrupted but even though it might not be entirely accurate it is the only record we have of what Jesus said.

We have what the Qur'an says about Jesus (pbuh).

I do not believe in a being called Satan

I do!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'd recommend having a crack at reading the Qur'an sometime :).

We have what the Qur'an says about Jesus (pbuh).

I do!
I will eventually get around to reading the Qur'an. Baha'is also have study classes in the Qur'an.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to whether we interpret scriptures literally or metaphorically and we have to choose how we will interpret them. Who is to say one way is better than the other way? Only God knows. ;)

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
I will eventually get around to reading the Qur'an. Baha'is also have study classes in the Qur'an.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to whether we interpret scriptures literally or metaphorically and we have to choose how we will interpret them. Who is to say one way is better than the other way? Only God knows. ;)

Oh, absolutely! I quite agree!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm literally told that if someone says "Here is Christ", don't believe them. That's the whole point of

You're the one trying to destroy all meaning of the verses because your guy obviously doesn't fit the clearly delineated requirements.
Baha’u’llah did not say "Here is Christ", so I maybe you missed what I said before. Baha’u’llah never claimed to be Jesus Christ. He came as a new man with a new name.

Where in the New Testament did Jesus say “He” was going to return to this world? I have been posting to Christians for about eight years and not one Christian has ever been able to cite any verses where Jesus says He is going to return to this world.

That leaves us with the verses where Jesus said that we would see the Son of man in the clouds, and trying to understand what that means.
Of course there are. Jesus, and the man who is now ashamed of Him.
So, do you agree that there are two men involved, as can be seen in the following verses, Jesus and the Son of man who will come in the glory of his Father with the holy angels?

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels.
None of that matters though. What matters are the titles and authorities Baha'u'llah claimed for himself.
Before we go further, to see if I understand you I'm going to lay out a few points as I believe you have expressed them, maybe you'll see something where I'm wrong and understand why I find your stance confused:
I will go over these one by one, or two by two.

Jesus never said He was coming back. There is no second coming, that's a misunderstanding.

-- No, there is no second coming of the same man Jesus, that’s a misunderstanding.

The Son of Man isn't Jesus, because Jesus won't be on Earth again.

-- Jesus was designated as the Son of Man during His mission on earth because of the perfect humanity He represented, but Jesus was not the Son of man who would return in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

But, Jesus did say that He would have a new name.

-- It was not Jesus who said that, but the Bible says that, in Isaiah and the Book of Revelation (Rev 2:17, Rev 3:12, Isaiah 62:2)

But, this wasn't actually Jesus's new name, it was another person who had their own original name.

-- That is correct. Jesus did not come with a new name, Baha’u’llah came with a new name.

Baha'u'llah is not Jesus.

-- That is correct. Baha’u’llah was not the same man Jesus, He was the return of the Christ Spirit with a new body and a new name.

Baha'u'llah is not the Son of Man.
Baha'u'llah is the return of the Son of Man.

-- Baha’u’llah was the return of the Son of Man in the sense that He was the return of the Christ Spirit which is the return of the Spirit of God (see below).

Baha'u'llah is the Christ.

Baha'u'llah is not the Christ of "when someone says Christ is here or there, don't believe them".
Baha'u'llah is actually the one who will come again at some point and rule an eternal earthly kingdom.

-- No, I would not say that Baha’u’llah was “the Christ” because He did not claim to be Jesus Christ.
-- Baha'u'llah is actually the one who came to reveal what will be necessary for humans to establish that kingdom of God on earth, but we do not consider Him a ruler per se, as Christians believe Jesus will come and rule.

Baha’u’llah was a ruler in the following sense; He came to rule upon the throne of David, figuratively speaking, and He brought the Most Great Law.

“THE Most Great Law is come, and the Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David. Thus hath My Pen spoken that which the histories of bygone ages have related. At this time, however, David crieth aloud and saith: ‘O my loving Lord! Do Thou number me with such as have stood steadfast in Thy Cause, O Thou through Whom the faces have been illumined, and the footsteps have slipped!’” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 89-90

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
It might help to understand who Baha’u’llah was in relationship to Jesus from who Baha’u’llah claimed to be in His Writings. I am going to post all the passages (excerpts from longer Tablets) that reference Jesus. I don’t expect you to understand what all of them mean but please ask about anything you do not understand.

As you read these passages, please bear in mind that Baha’is believe that Jesus is the Spirit of God. That is not exactly the same as the Holy Spirit, which we define as the Bounty of God. Wherever it says “We” it is referring to God and Baha’u’llah or God and Baha’u’llah and Jesus. Where Baha’u’llah wrote that Jesus announced Him, He is referring to verses in John 14, 15, and 16 where Jesus said the He was going to send the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth.

“O kings of Christendom! Heard ye not the saying of Jesus, the Spirit of God, “I go away, and come again unto you”? Wherefore, then, did ye fail, when He did come again unto you in the clouds of heaven, to draw nigh unto Him, that ye might behold His face, and be of them that attained His Presence? In another passage He saith: “When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 246

“We, in truth, have sent Him Whom We aided with the Holy Spirit (Jesus Christ) that He may announce unto you this Light that hath shone forth from the horizon of the will of your Lord, the Most Exalted, the All-Glorious, and Whose signs have been revealed in the West. Set your faces towards Him (Bahá’u’lláh) on this Day which God hath exalted above all other days, and whereon the All-Merciful hath shed the splendour of His effulgent glory upon all who are in heaven and all who are on earth.”
Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 18

“Ye make mention of Me, and know Me not. Ye call upon Me, and are heedless of My Revelation…. O people of the Gospel! They who were not in the Kingdom have now entered it, whilst We behold you, in this day, tarrying at the gate. Rend the veils asunder by the power of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Bounteous, and enter, then, in My name My Kingdom. Thus biddeth you He Who desireth for you everlasting life…” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 91

“The Word which the Son concealed is made manifest. It hath been sent down in the form of the human temple in this day. Blessed be the Lord Who is the Father! He, verily, is come unto the nations in His most great majesty.” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 84-85

“This is, truly, that which the Spirit of God (Jesus Christ) hath announced, when He came with truth unto you, He with Whom the Jewish doctors disputed, till at last they perpetrated what hath made the Holy Spirit to lament, and the tears of them that have near access to God to flow….” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 19

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them.”
Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p, 92

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
And it is only with a physical body that we will be able to enjoy all the physical pleasures of Heaven (if we end up there) or to feel all the physical punishments of Hell (if we end up there) that Allah has detailed through extensive very specific physical descriptions in the Qur'an.

I like this passage in the Qur'an:

Was he not a mere embryo?
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.39

Then he became thick blood of which God formed him and fashioned him;
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.40

And made him twain, male and female.
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.41

Is not He powerful enough to quicken the dead?
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.42

What does quicken the dead mean here? To me it means bringing the dead spiritually to spiritual life. What good is the physical life compared to the spiritual life? Being dead here has a similar kind of meaning as when Christ said

And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Matthew, "The Gospel of Matthew - ευαγγέλιο του Ματθαίου", 8:21

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
Matthew, "The Gospel of Matthew - ευαγγέλιο του Ματθαίου", 8:22

Which is more powerful really, raising the spiritually dead to spiritual life or raising the physical dead to spiritual life?

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

I think in those verses when He says "Perhaps it will be soon" that is very telling. It means to me that if they accept the Qur'an soon as a revelation of God they will be restored.

When He says "On the Day He will call you and you will respond with praise of Him and think that you had not remained [in the world] except for a little." that means to me that we will remain physical but a short time compared to being in the spiritual world beyond.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
I like this passage in the Qur'an:

Was he not a mere embryo?
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.39

Then he became thick blood of which God formed him and fashioned him;
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.40

And made him twain, male and female.
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.41

Is not He powerful enough to quicken the dead?
Muhammad, "The Qur'an", 75.42

What does quicken the dead mean here? To me it means bringing the dead spiritually to spiritual life. What good is the physical life compared to the spiritual life? Being dead here has a similar kind of meaning as when Christ said

And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Matthew, "The Gospel of Matthew - ευαγγέλιο του Ματθαίου", 8:21

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
Matthew, "The Gospel of Matthew - ευαγγέλιο του Ματθαίου", 8:22

Which is more powerful really, raising the spiritually dead to spiritual life or raising the physical dead to spiritual life?

A very minor point, but the verses you cite above are actually 75:37-40. As regards the last verse, I prefer the translation: 'Is not He Able to give life to the dead?' Of course, you can still interpret this spiritually. But at the start of this chapter, Allah says: 'Does man think that We shall not assemble his bones? Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.' To me, this is quite clearly a reference to a physical resurrection. So the most powerful thing to me is raising those who have physically died to an eternal physical life after death.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member

I think in those verses when He says "Perhaps it will be soon" that is very telling. It means to me that if they accept the Qur'an soon as a revelation of God they will be restored.

When He says "On the Day He will call you and you will respond with praise of Him and think that you had not remained [in the world] except for a little." that means to me that we will remain physical but a short time compared to being in the spiritual world beyond.

I prefer to interpret these verses as a warning that the Day of Resurrection may come very soon, so be prepared for it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that Jesus Christ has already returned; and is the spirit that lives in believers. So this is something that is far away from troubling to me personally because; my belief comes from believing in the fulfilment of all things eschatological wise.

It did not take one day to get there; in fact it has taken years.

I believe the OP is about a physical return.

I believe In the Paraclete but there are other spirits out there including demons so how do you know you have the right Spirit.

WalterTrull

Godfella
I believe the antiChrist will be able to do that.
Hmm... Come to think of it. I suppose Christ, 'annointed one', implies power from God. I would guess there are many atheist doctors who heal the sick. Don't think many raise the dead though. I sorta don't believe in the abilities of psychic mediums to contact the dead. Don't know if that would count as 'raising'.