• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus returned to this world, how would you know it was Jesus?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Lots of people could fit that description and many probably do.

If a man came claiming to be the return of Christ how would anyone know he was really the return of Christ?
Some people claim that everyone would know but how would they know? Nobody can answer that question.

When the real Mahdi/Christ Returns, he will be well-known around the world in less than a year if not a month.
#109 soulsurvivor, Today at 9:13 AM

How would he get to be well-known as the real Mahdi/Christ around the world in less than a year if not a month?
I am not directing this only at you. Anyone can answer this but I want a logical answer

I'm just going by what the Bible says.

Riders

I would like to know how he could scientifically come to earth in the clouds. if he is the size of a regular man we won't see him, he will fall our of the sky. if he is a giant big enough for all to see he won't fit on this earth.

so how does he come down from the sky?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I would like to know how he could scientifically come to earth in the clouds. if he is the size of a regular man we won't see him, he will fall our of the sky. if he is a giant big enough for all to see he won't fit on this earth.

You'd be with NASA using a computer mind contact bio study in heavens mass after advice humans with remote viewing a psychic bio study.

You'd pulse satellite transmitted sounds yourself experimenting.

You'd force humans in the feedback machine experiments to see burning gases water heated angelic images of man woman no longer cooled. Once held in cold cloud mass above only.

And get brain burnt.

As humans claim you should be life sacrificed as I want heavens electricity. Contacts. Claiming life is Jesus man the human bio sacrificed.

Brian2

Veteran Member

If He can walk on water and appear and disappear at will and go into rooms where the doors are closed and float up into the sky at His ascension, maybe He can do other things that are contrary to the laws of science.
Every eye will see Him. Does that mean He has to be a giant? I don't think so. Does it say that we are going to all see Him at the same time? No.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Does the Bible say everyone will recognize Christ when He returns?

We are given information about how Jesus will return and what He will do then. It is enough to know who is a false Christ.
And no I don't think anybody else fits the description given of Jesus returning and what He will do, but plenty no doubt do not fit that description and so we know they are false Christs.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We are given information about how Jesus will return and what He will do then. It is enough to know who is a false Christ.
And no I don't think anybody else fits the description given of Jesus returning and what He will do, but plenty no doubt do not fit that description and so we know they are false Christs.
Jesus never promised to return and that is why He has not returned.

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How many times have you you argued that with him? This is an old thread anyway. Why did you revive it?
I did not revive it. I only posted the link to it on another thread because it was related to what I was talking about.
I do not intend to argue about this again.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Jesus never promised to return and that is why He has not returned.

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

Rev 1:7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

Jesus is the one who was pierced. Baha'u'llah did not come with the clouds.
Son of Man is Jesus most used phrase to indicate Himself.
Do you think Jesus was referring to Baha'u'llah when He said the following?
Do you think the disciples did not know what Jesus was asking them?

Matt 16:13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I did not revive it. I only posted the link to it on another thread because it was related to what I was talking about.
I do not intend to argue about this again.

Matt 25:31 “But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32 Before him all the nations will be gathered, and he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me drink. I was a stranger and you took me in. 36 I was naked and you clothed me. I was sick and you visited me. I was in prison and you came to me.’

Is this Jesus or Baha'u'llah? But before you answer consider that Jesus said that it is going to be the Son who will be doing all the judging.
John 5:22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Luke 9:22 And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

So Jesus is the Son of Man who said He is going to come back in glory to judge the nations.
I hope you can see that it is easy to tell who is and who is not the return of Christ and that it is going to be Jesus.

Your John 14:19, John 17:4 and John 17:11 etc quotes and interpretation are seen to be nothing but misinterpretation in the face of all this straight forward talk from Jesus about His return and what He will do.
With interpretation we go with the straightforward verses first and then we interpret other verses in the light of those plain verses. But even after what Jesus says below you will no doubt start quoting John 14:19, John 17:4 and John 17:11 and saying that Jesus never said that He will be coming back.
Weird but true.

John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Of course that depends upon how you interpret the Bible but aside from that it is logically impossible for everyone to know.
Too much interpretation not enough clarity in books like the Bible. It makes that book rather useless to me. If you can interpret it in so many ways I think that undermines any importance to it. To read it literally it is definitely warring against non believers.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Your John 14:19, John 17:4 and John 17:11 etc quotes and interpretation are seen to be nothing but misinterpretation in the face of all this straight forward talk from Jesus about His return and what He will do.
Not once did Jesus ever say He was going to return to earth and 'do' anything.
Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no longer in the world.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus said we would see the Son of Man in the clouds, but that was Baha'u'llah, since Baha'u'llah was the return of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

To explain in brief, the ‘Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven’ means that the return of the Christ Spirit promised in the Bible will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God, and will appear in the form of a human being. The term “heaven” means loftiness and exaltation. Although Jesus was delivered from the womb of His mother, in reality He descended from the heaven of the will of God. Though dwelling on this earth, His true habitation was the realms above. While walking among mortals on earth, Jesus soared in the heaven of the divine presence. All the that also applies to Baha'u'llah, since He was a Manifestation of God, as was Jesus.

The title ‘Son of man’ is symbolic of the perfect humanity that Jesus represented.
Baha'u'llah was not the Son of man, nor did He ever claim to be.
Baha'u'llah was the 'return' of the Son of Man, one like the Son of Man.

If Jesus was the Son of Man the following verses cannot be about the Jesus.
They are about Baha'u'llah who was one like the Son of man.

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Jesus ascended into heaven in the clouds. Baha’u’llah, one like the son of man, descended from the clouds of heaven of the Will of God, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. These verses are about an earthly Kingdom, not a heavenly Kingdom. Jesus’ Kingdom is in heaven, Baha’u’llah’s Kingdom will be on earth, after it is built by humans.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus said He would come again, but Jesus did not say ‘how’ He would come so there is no reason to think this one verse is Jesus saying He will come to earth again in the same physical body He had when He walked the earth 2,000 years ago.

When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not referring to His physical body coming again. Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world: (John 14:19, John 17:4, John 17:11).

Since Jesus said He was no more in the world and the world would see Him no more we know that when He said "and receive you unto myself" He was not talking about His physical body, but rather He was referring to His spirit. Also please note that Jesus did not ever say He would come again and ‘do’ anything on earth that would require a body, like building a Kingdom of God on earth, as most Christians believe Jesus will do.

"and receive you unto myself" is obviously about the Spirit of Jesus, not about His physical body, because there would be no way that the disciples Jesus was speaking to could receive the body of Jesus on earth since they were no longer living on earth. Where Jesus was in heaven and that is where the disciples also are, so that is where Jesus received them. That is why Jesus said that He went to prepare a place for them, a place in heaven, not on earth.

The spirit of Jesus did come again, in the Person of Baha'u'llah who was the return of Christ that Jesus promised. So when Jesus said “I will come again” He meant that His Spirit would come again because He would send His Spirit from the Father, and we see that in the verses that follow in John 14. Jesus promised not to leave us comfortless and then He said He would send a Comforter. The Comforter refers to the person who would be the return of Christ. So when Jesus said I will come again, He meant He would send His spirit in the person of the Comforter who would do what it says in John 14:26.

John 14 KJV

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

"and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also” is referring to heaven, not earth, because Jesus was going to heaven to prepare a place in heaven, not on earth. Jesus was preparing a place in heaven so they could be with him in heaven.

John 14:3 is one of the most misunderstood verses in the New Testament so it is no wonder the Bible commentaries do not agree on what it means.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To summarize, Jesus did not say "my body will come again." The spirit of Jesus did come again, in the Person of Baha'u'llah, and that was what Jesus promised to send. Jesus was a Comforter who brought the Holy Spirit and Baha’u’llah was another Comforter who brought the Holy Spirit.

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Rev 1:7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

Jesus is the one who was pierced. Baha'u'llah did not come with the clouds.
Baha'u'llah was also pierced, by the heavy chains while in captivity.
Baha'u'llah did come with the clouds.

The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, the desires of men hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

Thus the meaning of clouds is symbolic, not literal. Their judgment was clouded. Christians were looking for the same man Jesus in the same body that resurrected and ascended to appear in the actual physical clouds in the sky with power and great glory, trumpets and angels, but when that did not happen that way they rejected Baha’u’llah.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If all humans by authority a human are in charge. States my title as the human life is god given dominion on earth. I said so no argument allowed as it became legal.

The word charge says as a humans authority not any other inferred word use about charge like electricity..

My image human man.
My image within my body is gods given a man. A human.
My heavenly image is a man.

Now men want charge as a machines life.

Machine is dead.
Machine is dead with electricity.

Dominion human I press buttions I control machine. I bring it by my control to life. So laws say a human button pusher theism is lying.

As life is bio lived not electricity lived.

Now brain changed mind human are historic and now also proven liars. As self recognition of owned bio genetalia. Genesis law with God the God within.

An animal's body life God is its God is within its DNA.

Otherwise you can't see it as it's owned life image.

Humans wrote a legal definition what I learnt about my attacked bio life my own..women's..animals..garden nature and his rich body. Sin holes origin suns sin causes laws earth broken.

I state legal is the God image within self body owned DNA genesis. Legal teaching.

Pretty basic human scientists by false preached titles about machines so the theists lied.

Head in charge our holy father human. Head status spiritual only. Biology human man's.

We live inside holy water with mineral dusts evaporated lifted into the water.

Dominion biology.

Not nuclear biology.

Above us gods forms.
Below us gods forms.

CH a human drawn evaluated scientific thesis. A human has to be living thinking designing calculation to say gases that arose out of earths mass as gods Inherited spirit. CH values as written.

Writing does not own spirit gas mass in space.

God with mother is empty space womb vacuum VOID who conceived it's immaculate clear body sacrificed gases once as gods inheritor the light.

Body naturally sacrificed once. Gods only above. Not the ground. Gods heavenly spirit body was sacrificed says the theist. Clear can be set alight as a mass warning.

Knowing sin holes is ground mass gods earth mass gone is why light the body clear sacrificed existed above.

Gods only said man's legal position.

Lights presence owned a sink hole history. Gods earth mass sacrificed. The thesis. Sin belonged to gods bodies. In two places.

So the only saviour was newly born returning winters ice mass end of each year. Rebirth life's win..win ter.

Ice is not a thesis is ended as ice only the body.

Saviour of life on earth is human told exactly.

Christ and antichrist were reasoned statements why the body gas mass of heavens in man's science only causes was removed. A teaching not a thesis.

Not laws.
Not gods terms.

By men of science only.
Basic human legal proceeding's again were about science who took control over life by rich king control evil past illegally by families murder was the verdict.

World community of spiritual humanity agreed with the verdict.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah was also pierced, by the heavy chains while in captivity.
Baha'u'llah did come with the clouds.

The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, the desires of men hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

Thus the meaning of clouds is symbolic, not literal. Their judgment was clouded. Christians were looking for the same man Jesus in the same body that resurrected and ascended to appear in the actual physical clouds in the sky with power and great glory, trumpets and angels, but when that did not happen that way they rejected Baha’u’llah.

Yes Christians who believed the Bible rejected Baha'u'llah because he did not return as prophesied, and because he was not the same Jesus etc etc.
God made it very clear so that Christians would not be led astray by false Christs and still plenty have been led astray as prophesied, even when the false Christs clearly did not come as prophesied etc.
Yes I know, how could it be that Christians would reject what they have been told in the Bible as warning, in favour of what those you do not fulfill what is written in the Bible.

Acts 1:9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Palehorse

Most Christians are waiting for Jesus to return, although they do not all agree on when or how He will return, but if a man came claiming to be Jesus how would you know it was really Jesus? After all, there are no photos of what Jesus looked like when He walked the earth 2000 years ago.

Anyone can claim that he is the return of Jesus and that is no doubt why Jesus gave this warning to His disciples:

Matthew 24

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Jesus was right, because many men have come claiming to be Jesus

List of people claimed to be Jesus - Wikipedia

So how would you know if a man who claimed to be Jesus was really Jesus? What would he have to do to prove to you that He was Jesus?

(This is mostly for Christians, but anyone can answer it. :))
Cool this is an easy one...."I would have to ask Christ instead of jesus".....