• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if Jesus(pbuh) is God?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Can you provide a link that says mainstream Hinduism has abandoned this belief in caste?
Hinduism doesn't believe in caste; the caste system is a pan South-Asian cultural thing.

Can I prove that the birth based caste system that befalls South Asia today and is often associated with Hinduism is not actually the Hindu concept of varṇa -- which is often incorrectly interpreted to mean the same as caste (it isn't)? Then yes, yes I can.

I can prove this through Hindu scripture (Ṛgveda, the oldest of Hindu scriptures), "I am a bard, my father is a physician, my mother's job is to grind the corn" (Sanskrit: कारुरहं ततो भिषगुपलप्रक्षिणी नना) (Rigveda Book 9 Hymn 112 Verse 3) which proves there is no -- I can also prove that there is no concept of "untouchable" caste in the same way -- "The four-fold order was created by Me" Bhagavad Gita 4:13: the four castes in question are Brāhmaṇa (Brahmin) -- the priests, doctors and teachers, Kṣatriya -- the warriors and politicians, Vaiśya -- the storekeepers, merchants and artisans, and Śūdra -- the farmers and labourers. No Dalits; no untouchables.

I can also prove it through history: there are stories of people being born as one "caste" and becoming another, such as the sage Viśvāmitra.

In short: the varṇa was simply to "play to your strengths". Not everyone wants to be a warrior or a teacher, and one's life -- including duties -- change accordingly.

I'm not saying the Israelites were killing them based on what they knew about their past sins. I'm saying that was the reason why they were providentially set up to be killed. The Israelites weren't told this necessarily, they may have had the idea that this was their fate, but it wasn't the immediate reason for the annihilation of the tribes in question.
But it still asks why children should be killed.

That's for another thread. [snip for space]
Indeed, that is worthy of its own whole thread. :)

averageJOE

zombie
1. That would be going by your definition of "perfect".

2. What is "perfect"?

3. Why is God "perfect" instead of "Maximum possible in power and wisdom"?

Ok I will re-word it.

That would make god less than "maximum possible in power and wisdom".

sumaidi

ashabul yamin
Do you think that anything good could come out of a Divine decree which ordered that all, even women, be killed if they were not virgins?

death (or rajam) is a punishment for the adulterer who has already spouse ( wife or husband). for them who are not virgin but never have spouse ( in marriage relation) the punishment for them is beaten severely, or jilid and move them to other place far from family for a year.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
death (or rajam) is a punishment for the adulterer who has already spouse ( wife or husband). for them who are not virgin but never have spouse ( in marriage relation) the punishment for them is beaten severely, or jilid and move them to other place far from family for a year.
Their husbands had been killed in war. There is no adultery.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
if Jesus (pbuh) is GOD , why he let his son died in the cross ?

InChrist

Free4ever
if Jesus (pbuh) is GOD , why he let his son died in the cross ?

To pay for the sins of the world.

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
Colossians 1:19-20

F0uad

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
Muslims and i think everyone out there have a hard time accepting how a loving, merciful god would crucify hes beloved son its a contradiction to us.

Now the question is: Why would god so big, so forgiving and loving not just forgive us all our sins and have to kill the person he loved most to forgive us?

This idea original comes from Paul he said the wages of sin is death, he was the one who made it the center of hes ideology and that's why he puts so much emphasis on it for saying if Jesus(pbuh) is not raised your still in your sins for him god had to die for your sins.

It makes no sense because god can simply forgive us as Jesus(pbuh) taught in the parable of the prodigal son in Luke Chapter 15. No body has to die for anybody to be forgiven because if someone dies there is no forgiveness that means i just took my full price, for example lets say i am a cruel judge i exact the full punishment somebody goes and dies and then i am happy.

But if God was loving and kind shouldn't he also be loving and kind to hes son as-well and save hes son by other means? Lets say the Son loves the people so much that he wants to die for them, doesn't the father love the people more then the son loves or equal to?

Why doesn't the father come himself for example I don't shove my son in a path of a moving car to save somebody i go myself and i protect my son. So the whole thing makes no sense.

Last edited:

zengi

Peace to you all.

well Fouad, what I don't understand is that Christians keep on talking about Jesus is symbol of peace but when I read something like this in the Bible and I quote:
Matthew 10:34 'Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

and other parts that are certainly not so peacefull

can anyone explain

F0uad

Peace to you all.

well Fouad, what I don't understand is that Christians keep on talking about Jesus is symbol of peace but when I read something like this in the Bible and I quote:
Matthew 10:34 'Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

and other parts that are certainly not so peacefull

can anyone explain
Well i don't think the NWT (New testament) portraits Jesus(pbuh) negatively he seems peaceful in there. However if we have to assume that Jesus(pbuh) is god then he send prophets such as Moses(pbuh) to kill entire cities and all the other things are included in the OT (old testament).

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

you don't understand my point , if Jesus (pbuh) is GOD , so Jesus (pbuh) is not SON of God .

what sins , ate of apple by Adam and Eve ?

OR our sins , if it's our sins , the world would be great place to sins ."killing raping stealing ....etc "

Meshak

Muslims and i think everyone out there have a hard time accepting how a loving, merciful god would crucify hes beloved son its a contradiction to us.

I understand what you are saying. I am Jesus' follower and I trust Jesus' word because His teachings are so loving and make sense of how we can achieve inner peace and joy by practicing His teachings. That's why I believe Jesus is God's Lamb for us because He says so.

His atmost loving teaching is in His sermon of "love your enemy".

InChrist

Free4ever
you don't understand my point , if Jesus (pbuh) is GOD , so Jesus (pbuh) is not SON of God .

Just as a human family is made up of individual persons: father, mother, child/children who have different roles in the family, they each still have human nature and characteristics which make them human. Yet they are also identified and known as one family. I believe the term "God" in the Bible includes Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I see the scriptures as revealing that the Father, Son ( who became flesh in the Person of Jesus) and the Holy Spirit all have the same God-nature, characteristics, creative powers and abilities which identify God, the only God... composed of three Persons.

what sins , ate of apple by Adam and Eve ?

OR our sins , if it's our sins , the world would be great place to sins ."killing raping stealing ....etc "
[/quote]

All sins...Adam and Eve's, ours, everyone's.

F0uad

Just as a human family is made up of individual persons: father, mother, child/children who have different roles in the family, they each still have human nature and characteristics which make them human. Yet they are also identified and known as one family. I believe the term "God" in the Bible includes Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I see the scriptures as revealing that the Father, Son ( who became flesh in the Person of Jesus) and the Holy Spirit all have the same God-nature, characteristics, creative powers and abilities which identify God, the only God... composed of three Persons.
Lol! So many flawed reasoning in there.

BruceDLimber

All sins...Adam and Eve's, ours, everyone's.

In fact, the above is a misconception!

The Jewish scriptures make it clear that sin is NOT inherited: please see Ezekiel 18:14-20.

So given that Christians claim to accept the Old Testament (aka the Jewish scriptures), the idea of inheritance of sin becomes all the more bizarre.

Peace,

Bruce

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The Jewish scriptures make it clear that sin is NOT inherited: please see Ezekiel 18:14-20.

So given that Christians claim to accept the Old Testament (aka the Jewish scriptures), the idea of inheritance of sin becomes all the more bizarre.
Why did you take the post to be a discussion of sin being inherited? I took it as meaning everyone's sins, not to be discussing absolution of sins people inherit through Adam and Eve.