• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if Jesus(pbuh) is God?

F0uad

I have a question and it may sound offensive so please forgive me if it is.

Lets assume that Jesus(pbuh) is god as many Christians belief are we then saying that Jesus(pbuh) commanded Moses(pbuh) and hes people to kill certain people as is described in Numbers 31?

lunakilo

Lets assume that Jesus(pbuh) is god as many Christians belief are we then saying that Jesus(pbuh) commanded Moses(pbuh) and hes people to kill certain people as is described in Numbers 31?
You mean this: Numbers 31 ?

Part of the old testament as far as I know. Isn't the old testament more a jewish thing?

I see you listed your religion as islam, doesn't islam has something to say about the old testament? What do you say about Numbers 31?

Personally I think Numbers 31 is horrible, but I am not religious, so I don't suppose that really matters :)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
This account is really horrible. I don't know why anyone would think a being who commands such things can be God :(

Shermana

Heretic
This account is really horrible. I don't know why anyone would think a being who commands such things can be God :(

Who said anything about God having to be all care bears and warm fuzzy hugs?

What if being God made Him obligated to destroy civilizations that went sour?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Who said anything about God having to be all care bears and warm fuzzy hugs?

What if being God made Him obligated to destroy civilizations that went sour?

Those religions say that God is 'good' and merciful.
I personally could not worship a being who acts in a manner that I perceive as evil.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Exactly. As you perceive. Do you think you can perceive anything the same as God can?
Do you think that anything good could come out of a Divine decree which ordered that all, even women, be killed if they were not virgins?

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali

Interesting.

Christians like to say that Jesus(as) is God in the flesh, and that he brought peace and what the "Mosaic law" truly taught. Yet this (and many other instances) contradict it.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Exactly. As you perceive. Do you think you can perceive anything the same as God can?

So how do you decide if one concept is the real God concept or not? If you found a passage in your scripture that says God laughed as he slowly chopped off pieces of a child's body while it screamed in agony, would you be like 'oh well God is doing it so it must be good'. Or do you think 'wow this is evil'?

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
So how do you decide if one concept is the real God concept or not? If you found a passage in your scripture that says God laughed as he slowly chopped off pieces of a child's body while it screamed in agony, would you be like 'oh well God is doing it so it must be good'. Or do you think 'wow this is evil'?

But that isn't the case is it?

We are talking of a war against a people by another people.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
But that isn't the case is it?

We are talking of a war against a people by another people.

I posed a hypothetical question and would like if you answered as it is relevant to my point and the one you tried to make.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Its not my place to say. Whats my word compared to Gods?
You can judge it from a human perspective: why would he encourage one group of people to kill another, who included innocent people, whose only crimes had been to have had sex?

Shermana

Heretic
Do you think that anything good could come out of a Divine decree which ordered that all, even women, be killed if they were not virgins?

They could be reborn in a civilization that hadn't racked up so much bad karma.

Bad karma like messing with the Chosen Civilization-Caste of the most high god in a way which undermined their holiness.

Shermana

Heretic

If I found such a passage I'd assume that this kid did something horrible to deserve such.

Wouldn't that be the same in your belief too?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
They could be reborn in a civilization that hadn't racked up so much bad karma.
Could be, although Abrahamic religions don't usually have reincarnation as a common doctrine.

Bad karma like messing with the Chosen Civilization-Caste of the most high god in a way which undermined their holiness.
I'm not one who cares for concepts of chosen civilizations or anything, but even so, is 'messing' with them a good enough reason for a Divine decree for total warfare?

Shermana

Heretic
Could be, although Abrahamic religions don't usually have reincarnation as a common doctrine.

That is true, modern (post Orthodox) Christianity does not, but you won't find many outright rejections of the concept among the Rabbis, and there's indeed many hints of it in the OT, as I've discussed in more details on other threads. It's basically official in Kabala and Hassidism.

I'm not one who cares for concepts of chosen civilizations or anything, but even so, is 'messing' with them a good enough reason for a Divine decree for total warfare?
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, the "messing" I'm referring to was considered something that would totally denigrate their holiness and was basically part of a plot to ultimately destroy them and their connection to the Divine.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
If I found such a passage I'd assume that this kid did something horrible to deserve such.

Wouldn't that be the same in your belief too?

Not at all.
If i found a passage in my scriptures similar to those referred to in the OP, i would completely and utterly reject my religion.