• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I feel American culture is threatened more by Christian fundamentalists than Islamists!

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Just because the city of Indianapolis provides civil protections based on gender identity and expression doesn't mean the rest of the state does. Doesn't exclude either that there are many people surrounding you in that city who vote to have those protections discarded, and do vote to send in politicians who will legislate the Bible into law.

When that day comes there will be people to fight it. As they did when Pence tried it.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Yeah nobody is denying christian fundamentalism. But some people feel muslim fundamentalist are more of a threat.

No Muslim has burned a cross on my grand fathers lawn in Mississippi and told him "Ni***er get out of my town," no Muslim has raped my ancestors, no Muslim has ever told me I was going to hell if I don't repent. No Muslim has vandalized my car because I wouldn't take a pamphlet. All these were done by so-called "good Christians." I live in a society where gang bangers call themselves Christians but will kill you (and please don't give me the No True Scotsman Fallacy). My point is because of national security and my geographical location I'm not exposed to a large swath of fundamentalist Muslims and the ones that are extreme are most likely being watched. I'm more in danger directly with Christians. People often overlook the dangers of Christian fundamentalism because a lot of media especially Christian lead media is influenced by white fundamentalist Christians. I don't mean to bring up race but I tend to think race and Christian fundamentalism tends to run parallel.

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member
No Muslim has burned a cross on my grand fathers lawn in Mississippi and told him "Ni***er get out of my town," no Muslim has raped my ancestors, no Muslim has ever told me I was going to hell if I don't repent. No Muslim has vandalized my car because I wouldn't take a pamphlet. All these were done by so-called "good Christians." I live in a society where gang bangers call themselves Christians but will kill you (and please don't give me the No True Scotsman Fallacy). My point is because of national security and my geographical location I'm not exposed to a large swath of fundamentalist Muslims and the ones that are extreme are most likely being watched. I'm more in danger directly with Christians. People often overlook the dangers of Christian fundamentalism because a lot of media especially Christian lead media is influenced by white fundamentalist Christians. I don't mean to bring up race but I tend to think race and Christian fundamentalism tends to run parallel.

Nope they just kill people who refuse to assimilate. But hey bad words are worse right?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When that day comes there will be people to fight it. As they did when Pence tried it.
The only reason Pence backed down was because the state was going to loose a ton of money over it. Comic-con: Gone. NCAA: No more. Future corporate expansion plans: Canceled. Business trips to Indiana: Not covered. The outside world threw us a life raft to save us from theocrat elected by the public. The Supreme Court even had to intervene because Pence--who is only a failed heart away from presidency, and possibility made more likely by Trump's age combined with this diet and lack of exercise--does not believe or accept that "Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of religion." According to Pence, it will bend and bow to his religious views.
Many states and cities, however, have not been so fortunate. If not for the fact Indiana does lots of national and international business, Pence's RFRA may have stood. Had it not caught on and ignited into a media firestorm, we may have still had it. And, indeed, some other places do.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Had it not caught on and ignited into a media firestorm, we may have still had it. And, indeed, some other places do.

Good thing some of us pay attention and actually speak out when needed. Or else who knows what could happen.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Exactly. No Muslim has ever bothered me or my family. However, my own extended family has pillowcases for hats, y'know? Christian terrorists will ALWAYS be more of a threat in my opinion and in reality.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Exactly. No Muslim has ever bothered me or my family. However, my own extended family has pillowcases for hats, y'know? Christian terrorists will ALWAYS be more of a threat in my opinion and in reality.
For most of the world, the menus of Ronald McDonald poses are far great than the writings of Muhammad. In America, ISIS won't kill you, but a cop just might. If you are to die in a tragic death, it won't be a suicide bomber shouting God is great, it'll be related to society's tolerance and promotion of alcohol abuse. It's a different story in the Middle East, of course, but this isn't the Middle East, and America especially enjoys the benefit of two giant oceans on the Eastern and Western borders.

Enoch07

Premium Member

Your lucky then. You must not be american, live in any western society, have any friends/family that are LGBT and/or armed forces then. Because the rest of us that do, have been hit.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your lucky then. You must not be american, live in any western society, have any friends/family that are LGBT and/or armed forces then. Because the rest of us that do, have been hit.

I am American, live in a Western society, have gay friends, have been in the military myself, and have never been bothered by a Muslim.

I have, however, been discriminated against by Christians. And I have been witnessing them trying to erode American culture for decades.

Enoch07

Premium Member
I am American, live in a Western society, have gay friends, have been in the military myself, and have never been bothered by a Muslim.

I have, however, been discriminated against by Christians. And I have been witnessing them trying to erode American culture for decades.

Muslim extremist did nothing wrong on 9/11. Muslim extremist apologist, amazing how only took 16 years.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I live in the US, which is a western "society". I have friends who are LGBT. I have had family in the armed forces. I still fear the neighbors with the Nazi/Confederate flag more than I do Muslims, though, because they are the closer and more realistic threat.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Muslim extremist did nothing wrong on 9/11. Muslim extremist apologist, amazing how only took 16 years.
Nobody thinks that Muslims did nothing wrong on 9/11.
Only that they are less of a threat to me and the secular culture I live in than Christians with a similar level of ideological extremism. Because there are vastly more of the Christians around here.
Tom

Enoch07

Premium Member
I live in the US, which is a western "society". I have friends who are LGBT. I have had family in the armed forces. I still fear the neighbors with the Nazi/Confederate flag more than I do Muslims, though, because they are the closer and more realistic threat.

Then you lied in your other post. Because Islamic extremist have killed LGBT people in the U.S. in Orlando. Already forgotten about 9/11? Sure white supremacist do present a threat and need to be dealt with. But not at the cost of ignoring the Islamic extremist threat.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Nobody thinks that Muslims did nothing wrong on 9/11.
Only that they are less of a threat to me and the secular culture I live in than Christians with a similar level of ideological extremism. Because there are vastly more of the Christians around here.
Tom

Islamic extremist kill anyone not willing to convert to Islam. They would kill you being secular, just as fast as anyone else.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-current-world-which-religions-contribute-most-to-deaths-by-extremism

Islamic extremist are the greatest threat hands down.

Rise

First, point of order. You dont have the foggiest idea what "threatened" is if you try to even put the two in the same galaxy.

While you cry about the possibility that Christian culture might deprive you of staring at cheerleaders and fulfilling romanesque gladitorial pagan bloodlust via video games, christians, non-muslims, and secularists in the middle east have been being raped, tortured, enslaved, and killed by the imposition of radical islam via ISIS. Meanwhile, in Europe, once secure countries like sweden are filling up with police no go zones, a rise in rape, grenade attacks, and in Germany random sexual assault has practically become the new national passtime.

Get some perspective.
I love the cheerleaders!

The ****** heroes in the "violent" video games and movies!

American was a nation based on christian values long before you were a twinkle in your fathers eye, so who is threatening whose culture?
and science and technology!

I also like shooting guns and supporting Israel. I appreciate the military.
You have a pretty igorant idea of what Christian values are if you think any of those things would be a problem.

Christians are the ones who really have Israel's back. Netanyahu admitted with appreciation that it's not necessarily Americans who support Israel, but America's christians.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've not been personally attacked or insulted by a Muslim, nor do I personally know anyone who has.
And with "pillowcases," you seem so desperate to dodge the spotlight you're actually pretending to not get the obvious that very much indeed she is from America?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then you lied in your other post. Because Islamic extremist have killed LGBT people in the U.S. in Orlando. Already forgotten about 9/11? Sure white supremacist do present a threat and need to be dealt with. But not at the cost of ignoring the Islamic extremist threat.
Coral snakes are very deadly, from what I hear. But what possible reason can I have for fearing them, and feeling threatened by their presence?
While you cry about the possibility that Christian culture might deprive you of staring at cheerleaders and fulfilling romanesque gladitorial pagan bloodlust via video games, christians, non-muslims, and secularists in the middle east have been being raped, tortured, enslaved, and killed by the imposition of radical islam via ISIS. Meanwhile, in Europe, once secure countries like sweden are filling up with police no go zones, a rise in rape, grenade attacks, and in Germany random sexual assault has practically become the new national passtime.
You believe in stuff like the "no go zones?" The ones that have had mayors of those towns denying they exist? And you too are tying to say "look over there" when this topic is saying "look over here?"