• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I feel American culture is threatened more by Christian fundamentalists than Islamists!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm trying to figure out how to leave Indiana. If my knee wasn't so bad (four surgeries just on my left knee) I just pack up, move, and know I could easily find work and do it and slowly be able to get on my feet. So, I'm limited in that I can't just go to a restaurant or gas station and work full time on my feet, and factory work is certainly out of the question. I do have a bachelors, but my opportunities from education won't really open up until I have a master's degree.
I was very dead set on leaving America entirely, but I went to LA, and California seemed good enough to me that I might even just move around there and stay. It almost has everything I'd want from moving to Canada, and requires none of the immigration stuff.
Soon as I can find a way, I'm gone.
Come to Oregon. We've got cookies.
(Don't tell anyone though. We've also got about a billion transplants from out of state.)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If only everyone realized this.
If there's one thing I could qualify as 'identity politics' which I find sad and frustrating, it's the idea that 'The Left' is a monolithic thing that believes in one thing. Ditto for 'The Right.'

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Come to Oregon. We've got cookies.
(Don't tell anyone though. We've also got about a billion transplants from out of state.)
I don't know. The mural Luminaries of Pantheism in Venice Beach really impressed me, felt like some sort of unexpected pilgrimage, and left me speechless that there are those outside of the internet and university know of those featured on it and admire them.
Around here, it just wouldn't fly, not with it being a message of pantheism, and especially not once any of the churches discover who Nietzsche and Carl Sagan were.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I'm trying to figure out how to leave Indiana. If my knee wasn't so bad (four surgeries just on my left knee) I just pack up, move, and know I could easily find work and do it and slowly be able to get on my feet. So, I'm limited in that I can't just go to a restaurant or gas station and work full time on my feet, and factory work is certainly out of the question. I do have a bachelors, but my opportunities from education won't really open up until I have a master's degree.
I was very dead set on leaving America entirely, but I went to LA, and California seemed good enough to me that I might even just move around there and stay. It almost has everything I'd want from moving to Canada, and requires none of the immigration stuff.
Soon as I can find a way, I'm gone.

Fair enough. Well I hope you find a way, and can find some peace somewhere.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know. The mural Luminaries of Pantheism in Venice Beach really impressed me, felt like some sort of unexpected pilgrimage, and left me speechless that there are those outside of the internet and university know of those featured on it and admire them.
Around here, it just wouldn't fly, not with it being a message of pantheism, and especially not once any of the churches discover who Nietzsche and Carl Sagan were.
Fortunately that's pretty much the case all the way down the West Coast. We also are real nerdy. SCA, LARP, Adventures League D&D, comic book and anime convetions galore. My husband goes once a week to a huge hobby store and volunteer DMs for like nine alternating tables. The nice thing about Oregon is it's less hot, more green, and less expensive. A lot more rainy though.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Fortunately that's pretty much the case all the way down the West Coast. We also are real nerdy. SCA, LARP, Adventures League D&D, comic book and anime convetions galore. My husband goes once a week to a huge hobby store and volunteer DMs for like nine alternating tables. The nice thing about Oregon is it's less hot, more green, and less expensive. A lot more rainy though.
I'll look into it. I haven't looked into Oregon yet, but one advantage of Washington over California is you can qualify for in-state tuition and residency much sooner in Washington than California.
Less expensive though, that may be a deciding factor, because Washington and California are not that. And a hobby store that isn't Hobby Lobby is a major plus.