• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't need no ...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't need no religion to tell me how to be moral - for others, you are welcome
I don't need no religion to tell me about what will happen when I die - I'll just wait, thanks
I don't need no religion to separate me from others
I don't need no religion to guide me, especially where such might be wrong
I don't need no religion to tell me nonsense about the past
Etc. :oops:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't need no religion to tell me how to be moral - for others, you are welcome
I don't need no religion to tell me about what will happen when I die - I'll just wait, thanks

Interesting. None of these accurately describe the purpose of my religion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Of course.

Why would you?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

The thing is :) You are in your full right to hold these views. It is after all your life.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The thing is :) You are in your full right to hold these views. It is after all your life.

God and his sent ones (families chosen by God to guide humans) actually have a right to be listened to, accepted, remembered, held on to, and cherished, and sought guidance from and relied on for mental clarity and guidance.

Anyone who rejects God and his guidance is in an ungrateful rebellious state or a playful intoxicated irrational playful state by control of sorcery of a dark nature or too arrogant or combination of those (all, some, two you get the point).

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
God and his sent ones (families chosen by God to guide humans) actually have a right to be listened to, accepted, remembered, held on to, and cherished, and sought guidance from and relied on for mental clarity and guidance.

Anyone who rejects God and his guidance is in an ungrateful rebellious state or a playful intoxicated irrational playful state by control of sorcery of a dark nature or too arrogant or combination of those (all, some, two you get the point).
I am sure I could preach Islam to @Mock Turtle all I want, but since he do not wish to hear those things pushed down his throat, it would not help.

Those who want to listen and want to learn will listen and learn. But for those who do not wish, there is not much one can do. Forcing Islam on to others is not a good way (in my understanding)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am sure I could preach Islam to @Mock Turtle all I want, but since he do not wish to hear those things pushed down his throat, it would not help.

Those who want to listen and want to learn will listen and learn. But for those who do not wish, there is not much one can do. Forcing Islam on to others is not a good way (in my understanding)

This is not force, this is laying down facts. Islam can be false, this still would be true.

if Mohammad (s) was false, then another Prophet would be true.

This is tautological truths.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is not force, this is laying down facts. Islam can be false, this still would be true.

if Mohammad (s) was false, then another Prophet would be true.

This is tautological truths.
It does not matter, if they do not want to hear about it they would never become believers.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A lot of Quran is about the abstract religion and uses examples of instances of it, but Mohammad (s) and his family (a) and Quran, is just a specific instance of it. It's a hard version while Quran shows, if not Mohammad (s), then someone else, if not the family of Mohammad (s), another house would occupy heaven to this world and God would send them as Guides/Kings/Leaders to guide.

Hell and heaven, day of judgment, all these have proofs in Quran, but they aren't true because Quran says so, rather Quran is true because of how it manifests all these truths and proves them in high exalted manner beyond human capability.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If a nonbeliever telling a believer (from any religion) that they do not wish to have religious teaching put in front of them, it means they are not interested, so no matter what a religious person would say or do, would have no effect on them.

If a nonbeliever said, I do not believe but want to hear your message, or want to listen to Allah, then it is a totally different story, then one can present the teaching in a good way and they would listen.

You are correct. But he is posting for feedback.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Or to....
- Give me leaders.
- Give me churches.
- Give me The Truth.
- Give me scripture to study.
- Give me meaning or purpose.
- Give me predictions of the future.
- Give me prescriptions & proscriptions.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Or to....
- Give me leaders.
- Give me churches.
- Give me The Truth.
- Give me scripture to study.
- Give me meaning or purpose.
- Give me predictions of the future.
- Give me prescriptions & proscriptions.

-We have leaders we've chosen, they mislead, oppress, cause wars, corrupt use of money, etc....
-We have places to gather, what meaning is derived from these concerts and activities while others suffer?
-So we settle for falsehood if not truth?
-So God's guidance is ruled out, everyone has a say but him?
-So God's Value is out of the equation, instead we make up value to be what we desire?
-Warnings to avoid catastrophes - destroyed nations found through out the earth including what people whisper about Atlantis (a very advanced society that sank and been found, but this top secret).
-God's guidance is the guidance, you want to make up guidance or follow people with no proof?