• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't need no ...

firedragon

Veteran Member
It's linked with desire type speech that is vile and baseless and misleads.

How is that? "Baseless" I agree. Lahwa can mean baseless or even useless because it is meaningless or with no foundation. But "desire and speech" etc are inferences.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is that? "Baseless" I agree. Lahwa can mean baseless or even useless because it is meaningless or with no foundation. But "desire and speech" etc are inferences.

I think the word has both implied, it's baseless in both motive and content. The motive is important here and it's the main emphasis, a long with that, it's baseless in content.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I think the word has both implied, it's baseless in both motive and content. The motive is important here and it's the main emphasis, a long with that, it's baseless in content.

Motive is our conjecture. Grammatically its mansoob. Thats the word and its meaning and its grammatical usage. So motive has to be inferred based on the sentence. I dont know what the sentence you are using this in, or the verse. What ever sentence this is used in, the sentence itself will explain what the motive of the accuser is because the word is mansoob.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Motive is our conjecture. Grammatically its mansoob. Thats the word and its meaning and its grammatical usage. So motive has to be inferred based on the sentence. I dont know what the sentence you are using this in, or the verse. What ever sentence this is used in, the sentence itself will explain what the motive of the accuser is because the word is mansoob.

The speech is baseless in meaning, but in this word, the baseless in meaning includes both intention behind the words and the content.

Anyways, let's agree to disagree.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So the baseless of the words is both the purpose of the words and content. I don't want to argue. People can research the original Qurayhi dialect and look how scholars talked about it.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The speech is baseless in meaning, but in this word, the baseless in meaning includes both intention behind the words and the content.

Anyways, let's agree to disagree.

There is no "speech" in the word Lahwa. You are just making things up. I have no clue why.

Thats just nonsensical, but agreed to disagree.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no "speech" in the word Lahwa. You are just making things up. I have no clue why.

Thats just nonsensical, but agreed to disagree.

Okay, when you words beside another, they have different implications.

When you say baseless speech, it can be without proof, or it can mean without meaningful intention but in reality it has to include both. This expression (and there are a lot of expressions in languages, not just words) means both. If the intention is baseless and it has proof the expression is false.

Let's say this is true of speech:

The words have foundational content (their content is based on facts, reasoning, truth etc)
The words have meaningful intention (love, guidance, etc)

To be baseless, both have to be negated.

If words are without proof, but you are saying something nice to the person or "hi", that is meaningful speech because it has good intention.

I'm saying the word says there is no foundation, it's baseless, both in intent and content.

Every speech has content and intention of that content.

Both of them are baseless here.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I apologize, I am using as the expression in Surah Hajj.

I dont know what to say Link. See, a word like "useless" in English just means "useless". But in a sentence you would have motifs behind it. e.g. He is useless means this guy is useless. But this sentence is not enough to tell us why he is useless or anything of the sort, but at least we know this word "useless" is referring to some guy. In another sentence like "He was speaking useless things because he was intoxicated, then it is not him who is useless, it is what he says and there is no motive. He is just drunk and uttering nonsense. Another sentence would be "I spent 10 years working on a project that ultimately proved to be useless" which has no motive from this man, just that it is the time wasted and the project being useless.

Its the context that gives meaning to such a common word.

Orbit

I'm a planet
You know this how?

If Quran is a forgery, still there would be words from God, if Mohammad and Ali were liars, still, there would be truthful ones that God sends.

There is never a reason not to search for guidance. Islam truth or not, is irrelevant.

Hell awaiting those too arrogant for God is a reality whether Islam is true or not.

Judgmental much?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
-We have leaders we've chosen, they mislead, oppress, cause wars, corrupt use of money, etc....
There have indeed been wars waged for religion, eg, the Crusades.
-So we settle for falsehood if not truth?
I settle for neither.
We have opinions & values.
These are never inerrant truths.
-So God's guidance is ruled out, everyone has a say but him?
I rule it out cuz gods don't appear to exist at all.
-So God's Value is out of the equation, instead we make up value to be what we desire?
We all adopt personal values. Religious folk interpret
their particular faith to suit them personally. This explains
the great diversity of beliefs within the same religions.
-Warnings to avoid catastrophes - destroyed nations found through out the earth including what people whisper about Atlantis (a very advanced society that sank and been found, but this top secret).
Religious warnings mean naught to me.
I prefer them to be based upon reason & evidence.
-God's guidance is the guidance, you want to make up guidance or follow people with no proof?
Religious folk offer me no cromulent proof for thier guidance.
Moreover, their guidance varies from person to person.
Conflicting truths are not truths.

The above are merely my opinions, & not
intended to convert anyone to anything.
There...that should keep me safe.

Fallen Prophet

I don't need no religion to tell me how to be moral - for others, you are welcome
I don't need no religion to tell me about what will happen when I die - I'll just wait, thanks
I don't need no religion to separate me from others
I don't need no religion to guide me, especially where such might be wrong
I don't need no religion to tell me nonsense about the past
Etc. :oops:

I find the antagonism towards religion to be strange.