• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Ben West

Supporting evidence required. And no that has absolutely nothing to do with your views what so ever. It supports the current understanding of science

Dear Monk, That's what I asked you for. Instead, you reply with a request for more evidence without a single bit of your own. Ok. It's all around you for it is the History of Human Civilization because the FIRST Human (descendant of Adam) to step on our Earth was Noah. ALL of the supporting evidence of Human Civilization on our Planet AGREES totally and completely with Genesis IF you understand Genesis. IF you don't understand Genesis, then you have been caught in God's Snare which traps ALL of today's preachers of Evolution. Hint: the Flood is the Snare. God Bless you

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Dear Metis, Then refute me either Scientifically or Scripturally IF you think you can. Those who don't believe what God told us in Genesis ARE preaching beliefs which are opposite of God's Truth. Does YOUR view agree with every other discovered Truth? Or do you have one Truth for Science and another for Religion? God Bless you
Gandhi used the word "Truth" as sometimes a substitute for "God" as he firmly believed that Truth was not relative to what we might believe.

Science tries to deal with Truth, and this Truth clearly is the case with what we know about evolution since the evidence for it is both massive and logical. In order for any religious approach to be Truth, it must agree with what's thus far been found to be the Truth. If you believe that the creation accounts must be taken as literal, then you simply do not know the Truth-- you only think you do.

What you miss is that in the traditional Jewish writing style, we use allegory, metaphors, various forms of symbolism, parables, and any other words for our sometimes symbolic approach when communicating. What you are doing is proclaiming that these accounts must be taken literally, which is clearly nonsense because we find these symbolic approaches being used through the scriptures, including the Christian ones. Even read Revelations? Ever read any of Jesus' parables?

What you are doing is reading these accounts through "modern western eyes", but the scriptures were written through "traditional Asian (Semitic) eyes". As long as you insist on using this modern-western approach, your understanding of scripture is going to be quite limited and often mistaken.

outhouse

Atheistically
Fossil date boosts S.Africa claim as cradle of mankind

The new dating of Little Foot, reported in the journal Nature, puts the remains at 3.67 million years old, give or take 160,000 years.

That makes it a rough contemporary of "Lucy," the Ethiopian hominid that has the most prominent claim on being our earliest-known ancestor.

"There is nothing to rule out the idea that (Little Foot) was the forerunner of humanity.

Ben West

Gandhi used the word "Truth" as sometimes a substitute for "God" as he firmly believed that Truth was not relative to what we might believe.

Science tries to deal with Truth, and this Truth clearly is the case with what we know about evolution since the evidence for it is both massive and logical. In order for any religious approach to be Truth, it must agree with what's thus far been found to be the Truth. If you believe that the creation accounts must be taken as literal, then you simply do not know the Truth-- you only think you do.

What you miss is that in the traditional Jewish writing style, we use allegory, metaphors, various forms of symbolism, parables, and any other words for our sometimes symbolic approach when communicating. What you are doing is proclaiming that these accounts must be taken literally, which is clearly nonsense because we find these symbolic approaches being used through the scriptures, including the Christian ones. Even read Revelations? Ever read any of Jesus' parables?

What you are doing is reading these accounts through "modern western eyes", but the scriptures were written through "traditional Asian (Semitic) eyes". As long as you insist on using this modern-western approach, your understanding of scripture is going to be quite limited and often mistaken.

Dear Metis, False, since with all the study of the Jewish Religion, you still cannot tell us what Day it is in the Creation. If you or anyone else could understand Genesis Chapter One, you would realized that Today remains the 6th Day/Age in the Creation of the perfect Heaven. Amen? God Bless you

Ben West

Fossil date boosts S.Africa claim as cradle of mankind

The new dating of Little Foot, reported in the journal Nature, puts the remains at 3.67 million years old, give or take 160,000 years.

That makes it a rough contemporary of "Lucy," the Ethiopian hominid that has the most prominent claim on being our earliest-known ancestor.

"There is nothing to rule out the idea that (Little Foot) was the forerunner of humanity.

Dear outhouse, She wasn't my ancestor but simply one of the sons of God (prehistoric people) who contaminated the blood of the direct descendants of Noah 10k years ago. ONLY the descendants of Adam are Human. Amen? God Bless you

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Dear Mes, Some closed minded people falsely believe that Humans were made on our Planet. This is totally ridiculous since the best and only account shows that Adam, the first Human, lived for more than 10 Billion years BEFORE the common ancestor of Apes roamed this Earth. Some snake oil salesmen try to convince us that Humans (descendants of Adam) magically evolved from an ancestor of animals. With NO evidence these "believers" spew their false assumptions into the minds of innocent children because NO adult is stupid enough to believe such unsupported tripe. Amen?
You have not shown scientifically that life did not begin on our planet.

Care to give it a try?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Dear Metis, Then refute me either Scientifically or Scripturally IF you think you can. Those who don't believe what God told us in Genesis ARE preaching beliefs which are opposite of God's Truth. Does YOUR view agree with every other discovered Truth? Or do you have one Truth for Science and another for Religion? God Bless you
Kent Hovind fallacy

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dear Monk, That's what I asked you for. Instead, you reply with a request for more evidence without a single bit of your own. Ok. It's all around you for it is the History of Human Civilization because the FIRST Human (descendant of Adam) to step on our Earth was Noah. ALL of the supporting evidence of Human Civilization on our Planet AGREES totally and completely with Genesis IF you understand Genesis. IF you don't understand Genesis, then you have been caught in God's Snare which traps ALL of today's preachers of Evolution. Hint: the Flood is the Snare. God Bless you
You have not yet asked me for any supporting evidence. What evidence would you like me to link you too? And can you care to explain to me how the flood has anything to do with it? Hopefully you are naive enuogh to think that a flood would make all of the world "float" and then sink at different rates? This is preposterous to anyone who has done even a simple experiment of the same.

Dear Monk, Is Science all you have. If so, then you are operating on a Half-Truth which insures you of a short life. God Bless you
If science is all that I have I'm okay with that. Why are you okay with your stance? Why do you believe it to be truth? Why do you believe the bible or more specifically your interpretation of the bible?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I can of agree with Sapiens,
There's a little bit of ape in all of us.
Kinda like the 'soul' of humanity,
hiding in the remote chasm of our gnosis.
Dandelion seeds in the wind, rooting everywhere.
~
'mud

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I can of agree with Sapiens,
There's a little bit of ape in all of us.
Kinda like the 'soul' of humanity,
hiding in the remote chasm of our gnosis.
Dandelion seeds in the wind, rooting everywhere.
~
'mud

At least you have a grasp on that random effect.