• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Fallout25

Yes that may be true. I think it was.

NO

The discoveries science has made is pushing some theist opinions in the corner who favor mythology instead of fact.

Many religious people are beyond that.

OH sorry I have a few of these guys on ignore, I know how they frustrate the educated.

Those "religious" people have been on the wrong side of facts that many have chosen to outright ignore facts such as the loony bin people over at Answers in Genesis.

outhouse

Atheistically
Those "religious" people have been on the wrong side of facts that many have chosen to outright ignore facts such as the loony bin people over at Answers in Genesis.

Not arguing how inane the religious fanaticism is. It is the enemy of humanity.

outhouse

Atheistically
Galatians:5,19-5,20 "Jealousy is a sin."
Exodus: 34,14 "For I am a Jealous god".

That was JUST one example.

Yet your taking the two verses out of context. and from two different religions to boot. I expect better out of my atheist friends lol :p

Some theist will wiggle right through the holes in that net.

No enough joking aside. The contradiction are supposed to be there, the book still retains epic beauty.

YOU have a problem with those who interpret the book wrong and take it out of context as well. YOU need help there you can tag me in anytime.

Ben West

I cannot help but notice that your did not answer the question. Since I took great length is both explaining and stressing the importance of this question, I will write it out for you now:

Since you claim that the current scientific models fit the Bible's account perfectly "if interpreted properly", then if the current scientific models were proven to be false, would that mean that the Bible was wrong, or would it just mean that your interpretation was wrong? Would you change your beliefs in the Bible, or would you simply change how you interpret the Bible in order to accommodate for the newer scientific understanding? If your answer is the former, then the Bible is fallible. If the answer is the latter, then you clearly hold science in higher esteem than the Bible as you re-interpret the Bible in order to make it better fit scientific conclusions.

So, which is it? And I would greatly appreciate an answer this time.

Dear Im, God's Truth IS the Truth Scripturally Scientifically, and Historically. It's the standard by which we can measure the supposed truth of religion, science and history. IF interpreted properly, it's the entire HISTORY of God's 7 Days/Ages of Creation of the Eternal Heaven written BEFORE the events are yet complete. Today, we live at Gen 1:27 since God is STILL creating Adam (mankind) Spiritually and Eternally in Christ. We will NOT advance to the prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 until AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth. Genesis chapter 1 will NOT end until every living creature becomes a vegetarian. Gen 1:30 and Isa 11:7 show. Genesis chapter one will not end until ALL the host of Heaven is safely in Heaven as Genesis 2:1 says. Amen?.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dear Monk, Then show me my Scriptural error. You cannot nor anyone else here can. All anyone can do is disagree since when they get down to specifics, my view prevails EVERY time, not because of me but because it's impossible to refute God's Holy Word which supports my view. IOW, You have nothing to offer but implications of "delusions" which has NOTHING to do with what is actually written. Amen? God Bless you
Because the bible states the Earth is only a few thousand years old if one believes the Chronology provided. So either the Chronology is wrong or the whole bible is wrong. We know that the Chronology is wrong because we have evidence that precedes what the bible states. And if all you are doing is trying to reconcile that god created Adam at the beginning where did he put him? Earth did not exist for a long time after that.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Monk,
Somehow, I think Ben has gotten Adam confused with the creation of Jesus.
And somehow it all happened over 10 billions of years ago.
And occurring to Genesis, the Earth wasn't created until 6000 years ago.
On top of that Ben seems to think that a day equals 1000 years.
But...that doesn't track either because that doesn't equal 10 billion.
~
Since I don't believe in any of it, and I don't really care,
its all Greek to me. Have fun.
~
'mud

Ben West

Because the bible states the Earth is only a few thousand years old if one believes the Chronology provided. So either the Chronology is wrong or the whole bible is wrong. We know that the Chronology is wrong because we have evidence that precedes what the bible states. And if all you are doing is trying to reconcile that god created Adam at the beginning where did he put him? Earth did not exist for a long time after that.

Dear Monk, No. The Bible shows that Adam's Earth was made Billions of years before our Earth. Your "evidence" shows that the ancient traditional religious view is wrong. Scripture shows that Adam's firmament/heaven was made the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8 and that other Heavens were made the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 The ToE is thus refuted because it falsely teaches that Humans had our beginning on the present Earth instead of on Adam's Earth which was totally destroyed in the Flood. ll Peter 3:3-7 The ToE is based on entirely false assumptions. God Bless you

Ben West

hey Monk,
Somehow, I think Ben has gotten Adam confused with the creation of Jesus.
And somehow it all happened over 10 billions of years ago.
And occurring to Genesis, the Earth wasn't created until 6000 years ago.
On top of that Ben seems to think that a day equals 1000 years.
But...that doesn't track either because that doesn't equal 10 billion.
~
Since I don't believe in any of it, and I don't really care,
its all Greek to me. Have fun.
~
'mud

Dear mud, Here is the chronology:

Day 1 Jesus comes forth from the invisible Spirit of God some 25 plus Billion years ago on the 1st Day. Gen 1:3
Day 2 Adam's firmament in made and placed in water and called "heaven" on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8
Day 3 Adam's Earth is made but before the plants Jesus makes Adam Gen 2:4-7 This is the day of the Big Bang which shows that Adam was made the SAME Day as the BB or some 13.7 Billion years ago
Day 4 The first Stars light up and explode sending Star stuff into our Universe while Adam watches. Gen 1:16
Day 5 God the Trinity creates every other living creature from the water. Gen 1:21 This began some 3.77 Billion years ago
Day 6 God the Trinity creates Adam and Eve (mankind) in His Image or in Christ. This brings us up to the present time on the 6th Creative Day since God is STILL creating people in Christ. We live at Gen 1:27 and will NOT advance to the Prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 until AFTER Jesus returns and changes all creatures into vegetarians. Gen 1:30 and Isa 11:7

Amen? That's God's Truth Scripturally.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Dear Im, God's Truth IS the Truth Scripturally Scientifically, and Historically. It's the standard by which we can measure the supposed truth of religion, science and history. IF interpreted properly, it's the entire HISTORY of God's 7 Days/Ages of Creation of the Eternal Heaven written BEFORE the events are yet complete. Today, we live at Gen 1:27 since God is STILL creating Adam (mankind) Spiritually and Eternally in Christ. We will NOT advance to the prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 until AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth. Genesis chapter 1 will NOT end until every living creature becomes a vegetarian. Gen 1:30 and Isa 11:7 show. Genesis chapter one will not end until ALL the host of Heaven is safely in Heaven as Genesis 2:1 says. Amen?.
Yet again, you have not answered the question. Are you or are you not able or willing to answer the question? I can simplify it further for you, if you like:

If the current scientific understanding proves false, since it apparently fits perfectly with your "proper" interpretation of Genesis, would that means that your interpretation is wrong, or that the Bible is wrong?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dear Monk, No. The Bible shows that Adam's Earth was made Billions of years before our Earth. Your "evidence" shows that the ancient traditional religious view is wrong. Scripture shows that Adam's firmament/heaven was made the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8 and that other Heavens were made the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 The ToE is thus refuted because it falsely teaches that Humans had our beginning on the present Earth instead of on Adam's Earth which was totally destroyed in the Flood. ll Peter 3:3-7 The ToE is based on entirely false assumptions. God Bless you
Why do you believe it was billions of years ago?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Then came Jesus, born into the waters of heaven,
awaiting Adam who was also washed in the waters of heaven,
and the waters of heaven go on into the creation of everything.
And the water of heaven washes all. God Bless you all in the waters.
~
Still the same old question:
From where did the waters come, that the God washed in, that bore Jesus.
From where ?
~
'mud

Ben West

Yet again, you have not answered the question. Are you or are you not able or willing to answer the question? I can simplify it further for you, if you like:

If the current scientific understanding proves false, since it apparently fits perfectly with your "proper" interpretation of Genesis, would that means that your interpretation is wrong, or that the Bible is wrong?

Dear IF, I would be wrong of course. The Bible shows that we live in a Multiverse composed of 3 Heavens or Universes. The first Heaven (Firmament/Adam's world) was made the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8
Other HeavenS were made on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 This includes our Cosmos and the Third Heaven of ll Cor 12:2. When Science discovers this and they find that there are 10 of them, it will confirm what God told us 3k years ago in Gen 2:4 I would be wrong about the number but God isn't. Amen? God Bless you

Ben West

Why do you believe it was billions of years ago?

Dear Monk, Because it was the SAME Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos according to Gen 2:4-7. Adam. the first Human was made on the 3rd Day BEFORE the first Stars of our cosmos which did not light up until AFTER Adam was made, on the 4th Day.. Gen 1:16 The first Stars of our world lit up some 13.7 Billion years ago, in man's time. Amen? Adam was alive BEFORE they lit up. God Bless you

Ben West

Then came Jesus, born into the waters of heaven,
awaiting Adam who was also washed in the waters of heaven,
and the waters of heaven go on into the creation of everything.
And the water of heaven washes all. God Bless you all in the waters.
~
Still the same old question:
From where did the waters come, that the God washed in, that bore Jesus.
From where ?
~
'mud

Dear Mud, You are confused. Gen 1:1-2 correctly shows that God made the Heaven/Air and the earth/ground BEFORE the first Day. It doesn't say that God created water because water is the combination of gases within the Air which was already created. Amen? God Bless you

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
This is purely twistology at it's first, or it's last !
When did God create the oxygen and hydrogen ?
And of course, what combined them.
Oh.......crap.......I quit !!!!!
And I'm out of here !
~
'mud

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dear Monk, Because it was the SAME Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos according to Gen 2:4-7. Adam. the first Human was made on the 3rd Day BEFORE the first Stars of our cosmos which did not light up until AFTER Adam was made, on the 4th Day.. Gen 1:16 The first Stars of our world lit up some 13.7 Billion years ago, in man's time. Amen? Adam was alive BEFORE they lit up. God Bless you
Why do you believe the big bang was that long ago? You clearly don't believe science. Why do you believe that time frame and not the time frame of evolution?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I give you guys credit for playing along. I've been there and done that with others and them using the bible as proof over existing testable evidence gives one a headache.